Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Articles of impeachment are coming

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,390 Times in 2,806 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Articles of impeachment are coming

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    sounds like I hit a nerve with the Osessa Mobsta...bummer.
    You're way to old white dry and stale for that, Josh Allen is the last Bills QB you'll see in your lifetime.....bummer!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 1,966 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    And the Republicans in the Senate will look like the corrupt ****ing fools they are, ignoring their oath of office and defending the most corrupt, abuser of power in this nation's history, who literally has **** on the constitution.

What a shameful bunch of scumbags. Just the kind of people you like.
    No, the Dems will look like the fools they've looked like for the past 3 years. And the Bidens will have their names dragged through the mud just in time for the election. And Trump will still be President and get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The Republicans will do their best to control the witnesses to get the ones that are the most favorable for Trump and the Democrats will complain, just like the Democrats controlled the witnesses in the House and the Republicans complained, because they're both hypocrites.
    Except that when they were impeaching Clinton, they made it a far fairer process. And a Repub Senate failed to convict.

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Well, according to your brilliant logic, they asked Trump if he did any of those and he said he didn't so case closed.

No one can be truly that stupid.
    LOL! They trotted out "witness" after "witness" who couldn't say they heard Trump say there was a quid pro quo. You also have Zelensky saying there was no quid pro quo and not doing what was allegedly demanded of him. How do your need befire it it enters your concrete-walled cranium that the Dems have NO CASE AT ALL?
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Thanked 11,648 Times in 7,896 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    No, the Dems will look like the fools they've looked like for the past 3 years. And the Bidens will have their names dragged through the mud just in time for the election. And Trump will still be President and get re-elected.

Except that when they were impeaching Clinton, they made it a far fairer process. And a Repub Senate failed to convict.

LOL! They trotted out "witness" after "witness" who couldn't say they heard Trump say there was a quid pro quo. You also have Zelensky saying there was no quid pro quo and not doing what was allegedly demanded of him. How do your need befire it it enters your concrete-walled cranium that the Dems have NO CASE AT ALL?
    Idiot, they subpoenaed 10 witnesses who Trump blocked from testifying plus an additional 2 that were blocked but not subpoenaed.

Stop pretending to be a retard.

4. Post thanked by:

Blondie (12-10-2019),ckg927 (12-11-2019)

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Idiot, they subpoenaed 10 witnesses who Trump blocked from testifying plus an additional 2 that were blocked but not subpoenaed.

He's an idiot. Trump's own chief of staff said it was a 'quid pro quo', with the television cameras rolling no less.
    promote the general welfare..........

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey braindead, all that's need is Zelensky's (and now Yernak's) denial and no investigation started.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 12-10-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,873 Times in 5,489 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey braindead, all that's need is Zelensky's (and now Yernak's) denial and no investigation started.
    Then why did Trump block 10 witnesses from testifying?
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

8. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You do realize what's about to happen if and hopefully this goes on to the Senate and what's about to happen to very vulnerable democrat candidates 31 of them that reside in districts that Trump won by big margins.

Nancy all the luck in moving it forward really get this through the House please.

She needs those 31 which 2 of are not going to support already wait till the others do the math, I hope the mission is completed. Ever play chess? This is going to be awesome baby!!

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally”
    GO BUFFALO!!

10. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (12-10-2019)

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    You do realize what's about to happen if and hopefully this goes on to the Senate and what's about to happen to very vulnerable democrat candidates 31 of them that reside in districts that Trump won by big margins.

Nancy all the luck in moving it forward really get this through the House please.

She needs those 31 which 2 of are not going to support already wait till the others do the math, I hope the mission is completed. Ever play chess? This is going to be awesome baby!!
    Like I said in the other thread, look at the 2018 results for the House. We have more to fear if we don't impeach, what with majority of voters favoring it.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,797 Times in 12,159 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    There's a lot going on here. The first issue is that we are brainwashed with this idea of the Founding Fathers are these infallible geniuses and everything that they came up with in the 1780's is pure brilliance. From a young age, we are taught about how great they are and how they basically invented modern democracy and their system is the best there ever was or ever will be. As it turns out, they were a bunch of white male land owners (many slave owners as well) who made a system that worked for them and didn't really take into account anyone else. But too many people have trouble accepting that reality because they spend our entire youth drilling it into our heads that the Founding Fathers and our system are great.

Beyond that, we don't listen to the smart people. George Washington warned of the dangers of political parties in his farewell address. Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex in his farewell address (and in case anyone doesn't know history, Ike was a Republican who rose to prominence by being a general during WWII, so it's not like he was some left-winger on a soap box about corporations and the military). They were both right but no one listened and now we have two political parties that are both in the pockets of the MIC, along with other corporate interests.
    What makes this a huge pile of **** is the fact that the document the 'Founding Fathers' came up with is filled with mechanisms that allow not only checks and balances, but outright change, including revisions to the document itself.

Pretty sure if they wanted a system that worked for them only and disregarded everybody else the language would be more restrictive and ironclad.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

13. Post thanked by:

senseofdoom (12-13-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Then why did Trump block 10 witnesses from testifying?
    Why did the Dems block witnesses from testifying?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,806 Times in 10,031 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They didn't...refusing to call a witness and blocking a subpoenaed witness from testifying are two different things.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

16. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-10-2019),Haile SpikedLemonade (12-11-2019),Lucidvizion (12-10-2019),notacon (12-11-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by denverboz View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, look at the 2018 results for the House. We have more to fear if we don't impeach, what with majority of voters favoring it.
    You know what I agree you are now in a very bad position and are likely in a no win position. The voters that aren't will be pissed as well as the voters that are in favor.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https-::www.reuters.com:article:us-usa-trump-impeachment-whitehouse:trump-to-address-impeachment-charges-in-u-s-senate-trial-white-house-idUSKBN1YE1VH

The House could vote as soon as next week. The charges conclude weeks of investigation and hearings, which Trump has derided as one-sided and failing to offer him a fair opportunity to present his side. The White House has refused repeated requests for senior officials to testify and for relevant documents.

Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 Times in 913 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Your freakshow of a political system that you call "democracy" can be entertaining.

I am hoping for a full blown Senate trial where all sorts of conspiracy theories are brought forward.

The end result will change no ones opinion but just turn off more of the American public who think all politicians are dishonest.

All those guns but they are used on the innocent because courage is non-existent in today's American society.
    Money is God here. Once the pensions are gone, watch out.

20. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (12-11-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Yep. I'm with you brother. Democracy is not easy. There certainly are many "dangers" of political parties. But, I believe that it's not inherent of the existence of political parties in and of themselves that is "bad". It's the people IN those parties.

I remember, not that long ago, when there were disagreement between the two major parties, but disagreements of substance and ideology. Today...and what started with the rise of talk radio, is the attack on truth and facts themselves.

THAT has NOTHING to do with parties. It has to do with the bad faith of too many people.
    Bad faith, or people treating the world like it's a game to be won?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JackJoeJimJosh View Post
    I am thinking that if the expected Senate vote is known among the whole congress, then the GOP house would strategically react. I would think that if they knew a conviction was likely, then they could fare better in the upcoming elections by being rabid trump supporters. If they know trump is likely safe, they can pretend to be impartial and simply point out that the case was not made. Prove me wrong, but I see a GOP house-perceived likely conviction by the Senate.
    Always a possibility. I think the only way it would happen like that would be if they did secret ballot voting. Only a few R's would have to switch in order to make it happen. I don't know if there's any precedent for something like that... just something I read somewhere.

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,873 Times in 5,489 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I asked you about Trump.

Would be nice if you could just answer

24. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-10-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    They didn't...refusing to call a witness and blocking a subpoenaed witness from testifying are two different things.
    They're different means of achieving the same end result: preventing a witness from testifying.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I asked you about Trump.

Would be nice if you could just answer
    I answered that the Dems blocked witnesses as well. If you think Trump has something to hide, then you have to also admit the Dems do as well.

Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,625 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    Always a possibility. I think the only way it would happen like that would be if they did secret ballot voting. Only a few R's would have to switch in order to make it happen. I don't know if there's any precedent for something like that... just something I read somewhere.
    They’re risking more than their re-election. Just think about the armed nut jobs in this country. Senators can’t vote unless present.