Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sabres cover Keybank Center seats with t-shirts that corespond colors of seats at Aud

Thanks
    Thanked 11,929 Times in 8,738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sabres cover Keybank Center seats with t-shirts that corespond colors of seats at

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post

also I wish that the Sabres would bring back the ad on the boards that would light up that went along with the goal horn, whenever the Sabres scored a goal or won the game the ad on the board would go off...in the earlier years it was an ad for Trico automotive products because the Trico plant here in Buffalo. Then in the later years it would be the Tostitos man which can be seen on the video
    You're gonna start seeing LED boards. They had them in Toronto for the 2016 world cup, I believe.

Nope. Virtual ads.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/new...123029616.html
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 12-12-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,987 Times in 5,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sabres cover Keybank Center seats with t-shirts that corespond colors of seats at

Loved the Aud. Neighbor and his brother had seasons in the 1st row of Blues right on the blue line. He sold the Friday night games (bowling) to his son and I had one of the tickets. That was age 18-23. Late 70's-early 1980's. Heaven and way too much beer. Saw the 3rd game ever in 1970. Neither goalie wore a mask. Our backup Joe Dailey was in for Crozier. Insane.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

3. Post thanked by:

JATMtheJATM (12-12-2019)

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Aud seating from the phone book, my seats 2 rows lower golds, 5 seats in from isle behind the opponents bench, my friends and I used to heckle Montreal when they played in Buffalo, that's how close to the players you were at the Aud not like what it is at KeyBank Center

Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 12-12-2019 at 11:53 PM.

5. Post thanked by:

Skooby (12-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,569 Times in 3,243 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My buddy’s aunt worked for Bob Rich as a personal secretary as a kid, so we usually had 4 lower gold / 5 first row upper gold (same area) & 2 blue (people he didn’t like & could send away). We’d usually go with 4-5 guys in one car and sell the rest for beer money (we usually got $200 for the balance). They didn’t care much at the Aud and we tipped heavy, we weren’t legal to drink. Sitting in lower gold dressed like scum every game must of brought joy to the fancy dressed there, LOL.
    Last edited by Skooby; 12-15-2019 at 06:15 AM.