Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

Thread: US air strike kills top Iranian general in Bagdad

Thanks
    Thanked 18,205 Times in 10,255 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: US air strike kills top Iranian general in Bagdad

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Again....prove it!!!

You can't because it's just plain silly. But, hey....have at it. I have thousands of posts that should make it easy for you to prove....but, you have to show why what I wrote is a lie.

BTW....I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER posted ANYTHING that I knew was not true.

So...we are back to...Put up or STFU!!!!
    Not that I agree with the characterization but come on...
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-17-2020),YardRat (01-20-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,966 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Know right-wingers, no peace.

No right-wingers, know peace.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

4. Post thanked by:

denverboz (01-18-2020),notacon (01-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Not that I agree with the characterization but come on...
    "Come on"....what??????

Thanks
    Thanked 18,205 Times in 10,255 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Come on"....what??????
    You really have no idea what I’m talking about?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,988 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    You really have no idea what I’m talking about?
    No, he doesn't.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 Times in 3,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    His impeachment trial is coming up so he started a war with Iran. So predictable.
    "The War" is going to be paused so you may enjoy the Impeachment Trial.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,988 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wish all wars, much less world ones, were that short. And innocuous.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,475 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I wish all wars, much less world ones, were that short. And innocuous.
    Trump just started and ended World War 3 in 3 days.
    Draft a franchise QB that X-Era would be proud to put in his user name for the next 13 years.

11. Post thanked by:

Discotrish (01-19-2020),Goobylal (01-19-2020),justasportsfan (01-20-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again....prove it!!!

You can't because it's just plain silly. But, hey....have at it. I have thousands of posts that should make it easy for you to prove....but, you have to show why what I wrote is a lie.

BTW....I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER posted ANYTHING that I knew was not true.

So...we are back to...Put up or STFU!!!!
    This is hilariously unself-aware.

13. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (01-19-2020)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,368 Times in 12,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique and logical trick (fallacy). The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously". Hitler believed the technique was used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff, who was a prominent nationalist and antisemitic political leader in the Weimar Republic.

Contents
    Hitler's use of the expression Edit
    The source of the big lie technique is this passage, taken from Chapter 10 of James Murphy's translation of Mein Kampf (the quote is one paragraph in Murphy's translation and in the German original):

But it remained for the Jews, with their unqualified capacity for falsehood, and their fighting comrades, the Marxists, to impute responsibility for the downfall precisely to the man who alone had shown a superhuman will and energy in his effort to prevent the catastrophe which he had foreseen and to save the nation from that hour of complete overthrow and shame. By placing responsibility for the loss of the world war on the shoulders of Ludendorff they took away the weapon of moral right from the only adversary dangerous enough to be likely to succeed in bringing the betrayers of the Fatherland to Justice.

All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.

It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

— Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X[1]

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    This is hilariously unself-aware.

Yes, really.

You can prove me wrong by citing the posts. Why don't you???

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique and logical trick (fallacy). The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously". Hitler believed the technique was used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff, who was a prominent nationalist and antisemitic political leader in the Weimar Republic.

Contents
    Hitler's use of the expression Edit
    The source of the big lie technique is this passage, taken from Chapter 10 of James Murphy's translation of Mein Kampf (the quote is one paragraph in Murphy's translation and in the German original):

But it remained for the Jews, with their unqualified capacity for falsehood, and their fighting comrades, the Marxists, to impute responsibility for the downfall precisely to the man who alone had shown a superhuman will and energy in his effort to prevent the catastrophe which he had foreseen and to save the nation from that hour of complete overthrow and shame. By placing responsibility for the loss of the world war on the shoulders of Ludendorff they took away the weapon of moral right from the only adversary dangerous enough to be likely to succeed in bringing the betrayers of the Fatherland to Justice.

All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.

It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

— Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X[1]
    If you repeat it, if you say it louder, if that is your talking point, people will totally believe it,”
    Liberal Minister Catherine McKenna
    “Preparing for pandemics, wars, climate crises and other out-of-the-box events is precisely why open-ended deficit spending during booms is dangerous.”
    - National Post, March 4, 2020

Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So...everyone is blaming Trump for killing the Iranian General, right?

Why aren’t you blaming the missile instead, like you do an AR-15 when it’s used to kill someone?

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post

Why aren’t you blaming the missile instead, like you do an AR-15 when it’s used to kill someone?
    Do you even know what missile was used? Also, where can you buy one? Nowhere near the same thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,822 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why aren’t you blaming the missile instead,
    because they cant call the missile a racist duh!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Do you even know what missile was used? Also, where can you buy one? Nowhere near the same thing.
    Let’s take the details out and get to the basics:

A weapon is used to kill Americans and the reaction is to ban the weapon.

A missile is used on a military target and now it’s the human’s fault.

Why don’t those two statements line up? Because they don’t fit a specific narrative.

And by the way, an AGM-114 Hellfire was used to kill Sulemani.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let’s take the details out and get to the basics:

A weapon is used to kill Americans and the reaction is to ban the weapon.

A missile is used on a military target and now it’s the human’s fault.

Why don’t those two statements line up? Because they don’t fit a specific narrative.

And by the way, an AGM-114 Hellfire was used to kill Sulemani.
    Ok name the locations you can buy a hellfire?

I get your point but you are trying to create an equivalency when there isn't one.

The AR-15 by itself is just an object. Just like the Reaper drone is just an object.

One requires training, a security clearance and hours of flight time before getting to operational. On top of the briefings of the rules of engagement that they would work under. The AR-15 requires a picture ID and a handful of money.

The reason the gun gets blamed is for the ease in which it can create multiple casualties very quickly. Then when you add needing to reload less often then it gets even more dangerous in the hands of someone who wants to cause lots of damage. All of which can be virtually anyone's for the price on the sticker.

So until any of these missiles are being used by the general public, it is no where near the same.

22. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (01-20-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I get your point but you are trying to create an equivalency when there isn't one.

The AR-15 by itself is just an object. Just like the Reaper drone is just an object.

One requires training, a security clearance and hours of flight time before getting to operational. On top of the briefings of the rules of engagement that they would work under. The AR-15 requires a picture ID and a handful of money.

The reason the gun gets blamed is for the ease in which it can create multiple casualties very quickly. Then when you add needing to reload less often then it gets even more dangerous in the hands of someone who wants to cause lots of damage. All of which can be virtually anyone's for the price on the sticker.

So until any of these missiles are being used by the general public, it is no where near the same.
    I agree with just about everything you said. Just forget the tools of the trade. The point is Democrat’s can blame guns for one murder and not the other.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record, I’m impressed with your knowledge of weaponry! Right on dude!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with just about everything you said. Just forget the tools of the trade. The point is Democrat’s can blame guns for one murder and not the other.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record, I’m impressed with your knowledge of weaponry! Right on dude!
    If he was shot with a commercially obtained weapon I would agree it's the same. Either way we can agree to disagree here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, and you can steer your car into oncoming traffic, causing "multiple casualties very quickly."

Patti