Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

  1. #1
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    1,873
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30

    Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft


    https-::profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:2020:01:08:antoine-winfield-jr-declares-for-2020-draft:


    Antoine Winfield Sr. entered the NFL as a first-round pick by the Bills in 1999 and teams will have a chance to select his son in the 2020 draft.

    Antoine Winfield Jr. announced on Wednesday that he will be giving up his remaining eligibility at the University of Minnesota in order to enter the professional ranks.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

    Terms of Conduct & Service


    With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

    Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)





  2. #2
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    87,916
    Thanks
    9,848
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    246

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    There were a lot of FA's that left the Bills and got huge contracts that they never lived up to. As bad as management of this team has been over the last two decades, that was one area where they were generally very good: letting FA's walk rather than overpaying them.

    Winfield, however, was worth the money. They should have ponied up.

  3. Post thanked by:

    Woodman (01-27-2020)

  4. #3
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    1,873
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    There were a lot of FA's that left the Bills and got huge contracts that they never lived up to. As bad as management of this team has been over the last two decades, that was one area where they were generally very good: letting FA's walk rather than overpaying them.

    Winfield, however, was worth the money. They should have ponied up.
    That's why this article interested me.

  5. #4
    Registered User The Jokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    9,984
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    There were a lot of FA's that left the Bills and got huge contracts that they never lived up to. As bad as management of this team has been over the last two decades, that was one area where they were generally very good: letting FA's walk rather than overpaying them.

    Winfield, however, was worth the money. They should have ponied up.
    Because he or the Vikings accomplished what while he was there? Winfield was a lunch pale type, sure I respect his play but he wasn't elite to me the better CB at that time was Nate Clements who was a playmaker.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-28-2020 at 08:06 AM.

  6. Post thanked by:

    Woodman (01-28-2020)

  7. #5
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    1,873
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Because he or the Vikings accomplished what while he was there? Winfield was a lunch pale type, sure I respect his play but he wasn't elite to me the better CB at that time was Nate Clements who was a playmaker.
    I enjoyed them both and wish we had a way at the time to secure their services.
    We lost both CB's and that's what is inexcusable to me.
    Hell we lose every good CB it seems.

  8. #6
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    87,916
    Thanks
    9,848
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    246

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Because he or the Vikings accomplished what while he was there? Winfield was a lunch pale type, sure I respect his play but he wasn't elite to me the better CB at that time was Nate Clements who was a playmaker.
    What's your point? What did we accomplish with Clements instead of Winfield?

  9. #7
    Registered User The Jokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    9,984
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    What's your point? What did we accomplish with Clements instead of Winfield?
    My point is Winfield wasn't a difference making CB, so to lament his loss is lamenting for lamenting sake.

  10. #8
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,800
    Thanks
    1,873
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30

    Re: Antoine Winfield Jr. Declares for 2020 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    My point is Winfield wasn't a difference making CB, so to lament his loss is lamenting for lamenting sake.

    Setting all of that aside for a bit, would you say Winfield Jr. should or deserves to be on our radar?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •