Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clemson vs LSU

Thanks
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Clemson vs LSU

my final thought on last nights game is simple. the LSU dbs shut down the alabama Wrs. i pray we dont take any clemson wrs they couldnt get any separation

2. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,886 Times in 2,205 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Joe Burrow is a mobile Tom Brady. I say we offer Cincinnati Josh Allen plus our entire draft to move up. When they blitzed the kid he almost always made the right throw and he is deadly accurate. Kind of wish he was a little bigger because he's going to take a beating on Sundays but that kid is the real deal. I watched him shred Georgia's defense which is legit also.

4. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 665 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Etienne, Dobbins, or N. Harris.

I want one of these guys to pair with Singletary. Whomever lasts to the Bills 2nd rd pick.

6. Post thanked by:

Novacane (01-15-2020),The last buffalo fan (01-14-2020),YardRat (01-14-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    my final thought on last nights game is simple. the LSU dbs shut down the alabama Wrs. i pray we dont take any clemson wrs they couldnt get any separation
    Most of the time Qb was making no favors to them either.

Anyway, LSU Dbs looked a lot better than the ones from Clemson, as the Wrs, no doubt about it, I even liked Moss better than any of the Clemson Wrs or TEs.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

8. Post thanked by:

Woodman (01-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,546 Times in 4,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Happy for Coach O. Took Miss job during suspension. Never had a chance. Took over interm at USC . Boosters said no.

Winds up at the school he grew up with in Louisiana. Wins title.

Karma.
    "When I'm with you girl I get an extension.. and I don't mean Alexander Graham Bell's invention."

10. Post thanked by:

Novacane (01-15-2020),Swiper (01-14-2020),The last buffalo fan (01-15-2020),YardRat (01-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,886 Times in 6,658 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I think Joe Burrow is a mobile Tom Brady. I say we offer Cincinnati Josh Allen plus our entire draft to move up. When they blitzed the kid he almost always made the right throw and he is deadly accurate. Kind of wish he was a little bigger because he's going to take a beating on Sundays but that kid is the real deal. I watched him shred Georgia's defense which is legit also.
    I get it. Your point of view, here, but I think it's very dangerous making drastic decisions based on one game. I know, I know, the 60 TD passes. But the Bengals aren't stupid. He will be the best QB they've had since Kenny Anderson. In fact, Burrow will probably turn out to be the best QB they've ever had. Andy who?
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

12. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-14-2020),The last buffalo fan (01-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 2,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I get it. Your point of view, here, but I think it's very dangerous making drastic decisions based on one game. I know, I know, the 60 TD passes. But the Bengals aren't stupid. He will be the best QB they've had since Kenny Anderson. In fact, Burrow will probably turn out to be the best QB they've ever had. Andy who?
    Or the next David Klingler

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh I agree they wouldn't take my deal. They have to sell tickets and this kid will do it, not to mention he's the goods. I'm just giving an opinion. If you think my opinion is based on one game it isn't. He does this pretty much every week. Sure LSU is a power. But the kid is making every throw, showing a decisiveness and an accuracy you don't see often from college kids, at least I don't and I watch a fair amount of college football. The only thing that could stop him is injuries. I do like bigger QB's for that reason. But the NFL protects QB's as well as they can now. He should do really well. He's smart and extremely confident. Not as physically gifted as a Mahomes say but very advanced on the mental side for a college player, kind of the opposite of a Sam Darnold.

I just recognize the obvious- the team with the best QB usually wins. And my proposal is coming from someone that is on the record saying trading up is almost always a losing deal. But for a possible HOF QB? Hard to overpay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Or the next David Klingler
    lol

15. Post thanked by:

Swiper (01-15-2020),TacklingDummy (01-15-2020),The last buffalo fan (01-15-2020)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,446 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I’d trade Allen and our entire draft for the 1st pick and I would throw in next years 1st.
    Draft a franchise QB that X-Era would be proud to put in his user name for the next 13 years.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,446 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I say we offer Cincinnati Josh Allen plus our entire draft to move up. When they blitzed the kid he almost always made the right throw and he is deadly accurate. Kind of wish he was a little bigger because he's going to take a beating on Sundays but that kid is the real deal. I watched him shred Georgia's defense which is legit also.
    Damn, I just typed the same thing. I agree.

18. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (01-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,886 Times in 6,658 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh I agree they wouldn't take my deal. They have to sell tickets and this kid will do it, not to mention he's the goods. I'm just giving an opinion. If you think my opinion is based on one game it isn't. He does this pretty much every week. Sure LSU is a power. But the kid is making every throw, showing a decisiveness and an accuracy you don't see often from college kids, at least I don't and I watch a fair amount of college football. The only thing that could stop him is injuries. I do like bigger QB's for that reason. But the NFL protects QB's as well as they can now. He should do really well. He's smart and extremely confident. Not as physically gifted as a Mahomes say but very advanced on the mental side for a college player, kind of the opposite of a Sam Darnold.

I just recognize the obvious- the team with the best QB usually wins. And my proposal is coming from someone that is on the record saying trading up is almost always a losing deal. But for a possible HOF QB? Hard to overpay.

- - - Updated - - -

lol
    I read your post and Baker Mayfield comes to mind. He, too, was like this then went to Cleveland and withered. At least so far. I think the NFL needs more good QBs. The Bills only need one of them.

20. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-15-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Burrow put up huge stats, and did it while beating 7 top 10 ranked teams. He had the single greatest season in CFB history. He's mobile, his arm is good, he has the Heisman, the championship and by all accounts he works his ass off, studies hard, has high character and great leadership.

He's the total package. He actually might be a BETTER prospect than Luck or Manning was. Which is insane. Cincy won't trade that pick. They might ruin him, but they won't pass on him.

22. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (01-16-2020),The last buffalo fan (01-16-2020),YardRat (01-18-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I read your post and Baker Mayfield comes to mind. He, too, was like this then went to Cleveland and withered. At least so far. I think the NFL needs more good QBs. The Bills only need one of them.
    That isn't a bad comp but I think Burrow is a level up from Mayfield particularly decision making wise and he's not rub people the wrong way cocky. I actually think Mayfield needed to be knocked down a peg to make it. It wouldn't shock me to see Mayfield tread water in Cleveland for a few years and then NE trades a 3rd for him and he becomes an All Star. Anyway none of this conversation matters, Burrow will be a Bengal.

24. Post thanked by:

Swiper (01-18-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

wow Burrow is 6'4". For some reason he doesn't look that tall. Only 216 lbs though that's skinny. Needs to hit the gym

Thanks
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just saw that Clemson RB Travis Etienne has decided to return for his senior season, so cross him off the list. I find that pretty surprising. I would think that a top RB prospect would want to get to the NFL as quickly as possible.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,322 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I just saw that Clemson RB Travis Etienne has decided to return for his senior season, so cross him off the list. I find that pretty surprising. I would think that a top RB prospect would want to get to the NFL as quickly as possible.

Puzzling for sure.

Strike while the iron is hot.
    Terms of Conduct & Service

Round 1 with the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, ďdonít take this ass whipping personally"

Thanks
    Thanked 6,830 Times in 4,221 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

College football sucks.

You have a few good players running circles around the 80 or so on every team that basically, are low level scholarship whores.