Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Roster Analysis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2020 Roster Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    I don't see us breaking the bank for free agency, but I do think we take a flyer on Conklin and Drake
    They qualify as worthy.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,291 Times in 12,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    POSSIBLE FREE AGENT TARGETS

RB--Carlos Hyde...Peyton Barber...Kenyan Drake
    WR--AJ Green...Laquon Treadwell...Brashard Perriman...Devin Funchess...Ricardo Louis (RFA)...Kendrick Bourne (RFA)
    LT--DJ Humphries...
    RT--Daryl Williams...Jack Conklin

DE--Leonard Williams...Vic Beasley...Chris Jones...Yannick Ngakoue
    DT--Tim Jernigan...Austin Johnson...A'Shawn Robinson...Jarran Reed...Vernon Butler...Danny Shelton
    OLB--Carl Nassib...Jordan Jenkins...Nick Vigil...De'Vondre Campbell
    CB--Daryl Worley...James Bradberry...Kendall Fuller
    Some 'under-the-radar' free agents...

RB---David Fluellen, Dwayne Washington
    WR---Demarcus Robinson, Tajae Sharpe
    TE---Eric Tomlinson, Blake Bell

DE---Emmanual Ogbah, Damontre Moore, Ronald Blair
    DT---Hassan Ridgeway
    OLB---Tyurell Adams, Kentrell Brothers
    ILB---Tyler Matakevitch, Nick Kwiatkowski
    CB---Cyrus Jones (big ??), Anthony Brown
    WR---I think Brown and Beasley are going to be the vet leaders in the room, so really no need for AJ Green. Treadwell would be a reclamation project, Robinson could fight for a starting position here instead of being buried on KC's depth chart. Neither are big salary guys.

DT---If they don't transition/franchise Phillips, Austin Johnson can rotate. I'd like to see Ridgeway come here but he may want to stay in Philly if they can afford both he and Jernigan. Neither are big salary guys.

CB---Worley can compete with Johnson/Wallace/draft pick for starting opposite Tre'/playing time. Cyrus Jones is a medical issue with recent open-heart surgery, but Poyer (IIRC) had a broken neck the year prior to us signing him. I like Bradberry but apparently he's looking for bank.

RB--Fluellen can replace Perry---special teams.

OLB--Brothers can replace LorAx---special teams and spot duty. I'd like to see them go after somebody like De'Vondre Campbell but they seem to like Milano a lot.

DE---Damontre Moore can compete for a roster spot.

I really don't see the team going after other teams' free agent offensive lineman, instead focusing on signing our own. If they can't get Spain back, maybe they bring in a guard or two but most likely their name will elicit a "Who?" response.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-18-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, you barely get to practice in pads at all let alone at full speed taking guys to the ground. In my opinion, the change to the practice rules has been the biggest reason for a league wide problem. Not just Buffalo.
    Don't disagree with you, actually it makes a lot of sense to me, I don't follow another team besides Buffalo and I don't see them missing that many tackles as we do at times. New England just to mention one team, everytime we face them, there are very few missed tackles from their players. Are they that good, well coached, disciplinated, helped by these rules? Thing is, it drives me crazy see them missing and missing tackles, here and there, at the worst time possible during the games.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    Don't disagree with you, actually it makes a lot of sense to me, I don't follow another team besides Buffalo and I don't see them missing that many tackles as we do at times. New England just to mention one team, everytime we face them, there are very few missed tackles from their players. Are they that good, well coached, disciplinated, helped by these rules? Thing is, it drives me crazy see them missing and missing tackles, here and there, at the worst time possible during the games.
    I would say it is a league wide issue. It isn't only the Bills who don't tackle well. In fact, I find it's more going for the ball than getting him to the ground that gives up those extra yards. Either way you can't let a QB push you 5 yards into the end zone.

6. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-18-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

QB---Need a young arm for camp, maybe compete with Webb for PS. Day 3 draft pick or UDFA.
    RB---Without Gore, lacking leadership in the room. Need a back-up and better use by Daboll of the backs.
    FB---Probably stuck with DiMarco for another season.
    TE---I think they like their TE crew and aren't going to be shopping or drafting one high.
    WR---Will be looking for a 'legit' to plug in with Brown and Beasley.---Stefan Diggs
    C-G-OT-The only way to upgrade who they already have is to pay (overpay?) somebody from a weak free agent class, and they really don't have to. They probably could roll with the acquisitions from this past season and be better in '20.---re-signed Quinton Spain
    DT---Might need to replace Phillips.---Vernon Butler, Quinton Jefferson
    DE---Need an impact-type athlete on the edge. High priority this off-season.---Mario Addison
    OLB---Personally I think the LBers are weak, especially losing LorAx and I'm underwhelmed by Milano. Probably a bigger priority for me than it is the team.---AJ Klein, Tyler Matakevich
    MLB---2020 is Edmunds' year to work into the POTY discussion, just need depth.
    CB---Need another starter, and depth. Could approach corners this year like they did WR and Oline last.---Josh Norman
    NKL---Taron and Siran are good here, but depth they pick up should be able to play here as well as outside.
    S---Good mix of experience and youth.
    PK---LS---P---Hauschka will get another year, Ferguson is locked, I think they need an upgrade over Bojangles.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 6,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks YardRat. Now what? RB? Back-up QB upgrade? (Flacco?)

I still think they ought to move Dawson to RT, Ford to RG and draft a stud LT. But not sure you can get that in round 2. Use Nsehke as swing tackle.

And I agree they like their TEs, but I won't until they show something better on the field.

Secondary is set for starters and back-ups. Camp should be set for some good position battles.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Purge to country of conservatives.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 4,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All teams are still at work. Draft in a month. If the Bills are satisfied with their additions, I don't blame them.

They hardly sat on their hands and have strong ideas how to use their new players.

It's the era of FA and change... Lots of change every year and the cap management is FAR better.

I'll view them come camp and refrain from proclamations either way until then.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Thanks YardRat. Now what? RB? Back-up QB upgrade? (Flacco?)

I still think they ought to move Dawson to RT, Ford to RG and draft a stud LT. But not sure you can get that in round 2. Use Nsehke as swing tackle.

And I agree they like their TEs, but I won't until they show something better on the field.

Secondary is set for starters and back-ups. Camp should be set for some good position battles.
    I think they still bring in a vet RB before camp, even if it's just Gore for one more season.
    They still need a young edge guy, maybe that comes in Rd 2 or 3 of the draft.
    I don't see them pitching Barkley for a different back-up, I think they like what he brings to the room.
    If they draft a RB, Yeldon is probably gone.
    Rumor has it they are nosing around former Panthers guard Greg Van Roten but they are stacked already with vets on the interior.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think they still bring in a vet RB before camp, even if it's just Gore for one more season.
    They still need a young edge guy, maybe that comes in Rd 2 or 3 of the draft.
    I don't see them pitching Barkley for a different back-up, I think they like what he brings to the room.
    If they draft a RB, Yeldon is probably gone.
    Rumor has it they are nosing around former Panthers guard Greg Van Roten but they are stacked already with vets on the interior.
    Do we like Feliciano as the back-up center?

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do we like Feliciano as the back-up center?
    I do. And they just picked up Long's option too. Like you said, IMO if they do anything else with the offensive line it should be at tackle, not guard.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wish you guys would get my thanks button working again.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,850 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is the run blocking going to improve over last year with the same OL personnel and same Offensive Coordinator?

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Continuity and experience. Hopefully.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wish you guys would get my thanks button working again.
    lots of posts to thank.

Thanks by

Woodman

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    How is the run blocking going to improve over last year with the same OL personnel and same Offensive Coordinator?

The same guys maybe some continuity but I agree I would love the big stud LT if that's where your going.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,850 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Continuity and experience. Hopefully.
    Only Ford and Dawkins are relatively young that could be experiencing a learning curve but they both have terrible feet for OTs.

Bears dancing in wet cement.

Most of the patchwork of OL we put together last year have previous performance or health issues.

I just don't see an expected year over year improvement.

I think as you suggest HOPE is our only strategy.

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Continuity is pretty big for an oline...considering they were patchwork last season, in their first year playing together, they did pretty well, IMO. Could they stand for an upgrade, or two? Sure, but there isn't an oline in the entire league that can't say the same thing.

Richburg (C) and Person (G) were starters on the 49ers last season, but they both need upgrading. Person was cut outright.
    Kansas City won the Super Bowl with an interior of LG Wylie-C Reiter-RG Duvernay-Tardiff and one of their top off-season priorities is upgrading the interior of their oline.

No oline in the league is complete.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    By not having a 36 year old running back get most of the carries? I have mountains of respect for Gore, but damn, he looked slow. He averaged nearly a yard and a half less than Singletary.

Find a RB or a good RT in the second round if you can and move Cody inside. RB may not be as difficult to upgrade, especially when he's going to be a no. 2 RB.

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,669 Times in 6,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    By not having a 36 year old running back get most of the carries? I have mountains of respect for Gore, but damn, he looked slow. He averaged nearly a yard and a half less than Singletary.

Find a RB or a good RT in the second round if you can and move Cody inside. RB may not be as difficult to upgrade, especially when he's going to be a no. 2 RB.
    Agree, and it also improves everything when you add another real WR to the mix because it's more dangerous to stack the box. This particular draft, imho, RB is painless easy to upgrade, even if you want a number 1. Loaded with big mean runners too, who aren't limited to between the tackles.

Ford isn't going anywhere though. They re-signed Spain. Feliciano is a better guard than Ford atm, and they're obviously aimed at atm. The issues with Ford's position and even drafting him for RT when he was projected at G, are a byproduct of their panicked rush to build an o-line for year 3 of the program and flipping 4 of 5 starters.

I still don't discount Ryan Bates and still think Ford will be fine though.

Another factor in expectations....2nd year of a real OL coach all 5 starters never played for before reg season game 1 last year, much less all 5 starters playing together.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post

I've asked this question several times when I see comments like this and nobody bites.

I'd be willing to bet you are 'game'.

What makes you believe Ford is going to be better at guard than tackle? Better than Feliciano or Spain...or even Long?