• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Draft Network Simulator. Fun!

27. Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M - Almost went with Gibbs here, but I think Johnson gives them an heir apparent to Hyde and some insurance in case the Benford switch doesn't happen. He can also play in the slot as the Nickel CB and has the size at DB that Beane covets.

59. Jaelyn Duncan OT Maryland - Big athletic tackle that should push to start at RT against Brown.

91. Ricky Stromberg OC Arkansas - I see him as more of a guard in the offense which I went OC in back to back picks.

130. Alex Forsyth OC Oregon - Veteran and cerebral center who should be able to replace Morse in terms of controlling the OL and making calls. Questions about his ability to anchor against bigger IDL though are a concern.

139. Zacch Pickens DT South Carolina - All potential pick here, Pickens was supposed to be dominant at South Carolina and mostly just flashed in games. He's a bigger body who could add more weight but still has a good first-step.

205. Puka Nacua WR BYU - Big play WR who could eventually replace Davis if he doesn't fix his drop issue.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 02-15-2023, 08:45 AM.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cookie G
      • Mar 2003

I love this trade down thing with The Draft Network. Was able to get essentially what I wanted and turned 6 picks into 10.

40. John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota. Day 1 starter. Solid in all areas. He was there at 40. I would have considered Hiatt from Tenn. before the trade down, but he was already gone. I would have probably considered an OT first, but there were going to be a few available in the 2nd (see below).

59. Darnell Wright OT- Tennessee Didn't give up a sack in 2022. All SEC. Senior Bowl practice player of the week among OL. Handled Will Anderson against Bama. At the Senior Bowl, had 2 or 3 bad reps against Will McDonald, but other than that was very good.

78. Jayden Reed WR- Michigan St. Another Senior Bowl standout. got open underneath, got open deep. caught everything. Limited in 2022 due to injuries but he looks healed.

98 Daiyan Henley- LB Washington St. He can run, he can tackle, he can cover. Yet another Senor Bowl standout. Voted top LB in Senior Bowl practices. Reads, reacts, attacks.

126. Chase Brown - RB Illinois. 215 lbs, fast strong, productive and can catch. 2600 yards in the past 2 years on the ground, nearly 400 yards in receptions. He takes over for Motor.

130 Jammie Robinson - S Florida St. He's always there for me at this tie in the draft. Its fate.

146 Atonio Mafi - G UCLA. idk about him, but he puts people on the ground when blocking.

Now time to go John Butler

190.Andrei Iosivas WR Princeton. Rumored to run a 4.2 40, but I doubt it. Still, he's fast and has good body control Had over 900 yards last year and good hands. 6'2" 200 lbs and a college track star in the heptathlon. The tools are there to work with.

205. Karl Brooks. DT Bowling Green See earlier mock. He won't be at 205, not after the Senior Bowl week he had.

218 Caleb Murphy Edge Ferris St. First ever DII player to win the Hendricks Award as the best DE in college football. set the NCAA record for sacks in a season with 25.5. 39 TFLS. Nearly half of his tackles last year were TFLs. 2 time DII national champion. 6'3" 250llbs. Great closing speed, is relentless, and knows his way into the backfield.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm starting to buy into the first round WR mindset even though I'd go elsewhere with the pick.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I made my trades for Oliver, McKenzie, Epenesa and brought in Muma from my post in the other thread...

Got a classic slot receiver in the first, maybe the best in this year's draft.
          A center in the second and fourth, one or both also play guard until taking over for Morris.
          A box safety in Brown, a deep safety with Dean.
          A replacement for Oliver's spot in the rotation and an outside WR to develop/depth.

27. WR Josh Downs, North Carolina
          59. C Luke Wypler, Ohio State
          73. S Sidney Brown, Illinois (pick from Houston for Ed Oliver)
          130. C Olusegun Oluwatimi, Michigan
          132. DL Karl Brooks, Bowling Green (pick from Carolina for Epenesa)
          205. WR Jake Bobo, UCLA
          242. S Trey Dean III, Florida (pick from NY Giants for McKenzie)

#91 (3rd) and #139 (5th) to Jacksonville for MLB Chad Muma.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I appreciate the return of the old title. :)

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Jalen Carter was booked and released on Wednesday night - ProFootballTalk

Jalen Carter back at Scouting Combine - ProFootballTalk

Defensive tackle Jalen Carter returned to Athens, Georgia to be booked on misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and racing on Wednesday night, but it was reportedly a brief stay.
              According to multiple reports that PFT has confirmed, Carter has returned to the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis on Thursday. Carter was booked and released after posting a $4,000 bond on Wednesday night.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
              163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                I'm starting to buy into the first round WR mindset even though I'd go elsewhere with the pick.
                I'm just not. They aren't even sure what they have in Shakir and Davis....and I can't see them giving a marquee addition enough snaps unless they gave up on those two....which I don't see happening either atm.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  I'm just not. They aren't even sure what they have in Shakir and Davis....and I can't see them giving a marquee addition enough snaps unless they gave up on those two....which I don't see happening either atm.
                  I'm thinking a pure slot guy, like Downs. Diggs-Davis-Downs with Shakir spelling all of them when they need a blow.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

I'm thinking a pure slot guy, like Downs. Diggs-Davis-Downs with Shakir spelling all of them when they need a blow.
                    idk...Hyatt maybe... Id still be tempted. But there are still many questions to be answered with him, like whether he can get off the line, can he run a route, etc. He ran pretty fast today, but he looks even faster o nthe field.

As far as the small/quick guys in the Flowers/Downs/Addison vein, there seems to be a long list of them this year. Dell was very good in the Senior Bowl Practices. Marvin Mims of Oklahoma ran a sub 4.4 today and averaged nearly 20 ypc for his career. Charlie Jones of Purdue was faster than expected, and he was extremely productive this year when he was the primary target.

I don't know if there is a true must-have in the 1st, especially at 27.

Tillman and Mingo, I like them both if we are looking for a big receiver. Tillman was a beast when healthy, Mingo had a good year, weighs about 225 and ran a sub 4.5

But then, it wouldn't be worse than taking that slow safety from Texas A and M at 27.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Lol...4.52 isn't really slow, for a safety. I hope that's sarcasm. Hell, Poyer ran a 4.54 and Hyde a 4.56 at their combines, and only 6 safeties ran better 40's than Johnson.

You're right, though, the WR group is deep this year...as are safeties and interior linemen, so who knows who Beane is going to covet and who he is comfortable waiting on. As much as I have clamored for a first round olineman in the past I just don't think this front office places that kind of value on those positions. I also hope he doesn't go RB, those can be found later too. Or made, if you've got the oline and playbook.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        • Apr 2004

DJ Chark would be awesome in the slot for us. He won't be hugely expensive, either. We could easily re-sight Crowder and run it back with him, too.

The departure of Frazier makes me think we go heavy on D in this draft outside an O lineman or two. Maybe a RB.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Lol...4.52 isn't really slow, for a safety. I hope that's sarcasm. Hell, Poyer ran a 4.54 and Hyde a 4.56 at their combines, and only 6 safeties ran better 40's than Johnson.

You're right, though, the WR group is deep this year...as are safeties and interior linemen, so who knows who Beane is going to covet and who he is comfortable waiting on. As much as I have clamored for a first round olineman in the past I just don't think this front office places that kind of value on those positions. I also hope he doesn't go RB, those can be found later too. Or made, if you've got the oline and playbook.
                          pfft. He finished 6th in a bad draft for safeties. In 2022, he wouldn't have finished in the top dozen or so.

Slow, can't jump, weak.

Barely made it over 20 inches in the vertical;
                          couldn't broad jump 10 feet;
                          couldn't break double digits on the bench.

And people want to use a first on him? And have him chase down the Cheetah twice a year?

Ill take my chance on an OL in the first rather than an unathletic safety.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                            pfft. He finished 6th in a bad draft for safeties. In 2022, he wouldn't have finished in the top dozen or so.

Slow, can't jump, weak.

Barely made it over 20 inches in the vertical;
                            couldn't broad jump 10 feet;
                            couldn't break double digits on the bench.

And people want to use a first on him? And have him chase down the Cheetah twice a year?

Ill take my chance on an OL in the first rather than an unathletic safety.
                            The kid plays football. That's what counts. Part of the problem we have is Beane is too enamored with physical freaks that win the underwear olympics and he ends up sticking us under-achievers like Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau, Brown et al, instead of drafting football players. Another part of the problem is we've had a DC whose philosophy has been "drop off 8 yards, let the Cheetah catch it, then we'll chase him down". Hopefully that changes this year.

Finally, as far as the safety class, there might not be one or two guys that jump off the page and are getting hyped as top 10 picks, but the group is deep and some team could come out of this draft with two starters if they wanted to. FWIW, everybody's darling last year (Hamilton) ran a 4.59.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

The kid plays football. That's what counts. Part of the problem we have is Beane is too enamored with physical freaks that win the underwear olympics and he ends up sticking us under-achievers like Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau, Brown et al, instead of drafting football players. Another part of the problem is we've had a DC whose philosophy has been "drop off 8 yards, let the Cheetah catch it, then we'll chase him down". Hopefully that changes this year.

Finally, as far as the safety class, there might not be one or two guys that jump off the page and are getting hyped as top 10 picks, but the group is deep and some team could come out of this draft with two starters if they wanted to. FWIW, everybody's darling last year (Hamilton) ran a 4.59.
                              Im kinda hoping anyone they draft at 27 is a player.

Mcbeane's big problem is that despite putting 7, count'em 7 1st and 2nd round picks on their defense..(not including Von and Shaq)...they fold at crunch time in the playoffs.

Over 100 points given up and more than 1400 yards in the last 3 playoff losses.

Using the top pick on and unathletic safety won't change that.

Get one in a lower round.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                                • Apr 2004

27. Darnell Wright OT, Tenn.

59. Jack Campbell LB, Iowa

91. Jaquelin Roy DT, LSU

130. Luke Schoonmaker TE, Mich.

137. Tyler Scott WR, Cinn.

205. ​Daniel Scott S, Cal

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀