Re: Draft Network Simulator. Fun!

30 - Jaelan Phillips Edge Miami

62 - Pete Werner LB Ohio State

93 - Josh Myers C Ohio State

162 - Khalil Herbert RB Virginia Tech

175 - Deommodore Lenoir CB Oregon

215 - Cary Angeline TE NC State

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-22-2021),ParanoidAndroid (02-17-2021)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 Times in 1,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    • 30. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
    • 62. Tommy Togiai IDL, Ohio State
    • 93 Jabril Cox LB, LSU
    • 162. Chuba Hubbard RB, Oklahoma State
    • 175. Anthony Schwartz WR, Auburn

• 215 Marco Wilson CB, Florida
    Explanations:

Phillips adds the speed and athleticism we are lacking outside beyond an ageing Hughes.

Togiai has an elite first step and ability to anchor and shed. One season behind Lotulelei and he's ready. Watching full game film, his consistency stands out and his motor is insane. That motor combined with his strength and speed make me think he could end up the best interior D lineman in this draft when we look back a couple years from now.

Cox is a guy who can cover and reroute as well as limit YAC on the weak side. Higher athletic ceiling and more length than Milano.

Hubbard is speed to the edge that we lack at RB and sets up blocks well. Decent hands.

Schwartz is my favorite. He is blazing fast, a tenacious albeit undersized blocker, can get in the dirty middle and separate and gives us a threat to score big plays.

Marco Wilson is sticky and has good closing speed in zone but needs to gain strength and learn how to jam.
    Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 02-17-2021 at 03:37 PM.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-22-2021)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,749 Times in 7,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm avoiding posting any mocks atm, when I run them on the sites, I keep going all defense until the last two picks being developmental OL depth. I'm really figuring they figure out a way to keep Feliciano and Williams on OL.
    Mr. Pink shot me down in flames. I salute you, Pink.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok, I managed 3 offense picks this time so.....assumption, the Bills retained Feliciano and Williams, released Yeldon, Butler, Jefferson and Addison, did not resign Norman or Milano.....goal, bigger, tougher faster defense, future OL to develop that are maulers in the run game that don't have issues in pass protection.

• 30. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
    • 61. Jay Tufele IDL, USC
    • 93. Trill Williams CB, Syracuse
    • 162. Jack Anderson IOL, Texas Tech
    • 175. Shaka Toney EDGE, Penn State
    • 214. Jaret Patterson RB, Buffalo
    • 230. Cole Van Lanen OT, Wisconsin

- Collins : "Ideal Role: Starting linebacker given opportunities to rush the passer, drop in coverage, play downhill, and in space." Big. Fast. Impact. Yes.

- Tufele : "Scheme Fit: Schematic versatility to play in a single-gap penetrating scheme or he can two-gap if necessary." A guy that can do both ? Awesome.F

- Williams : "Williams is long, rangy, athletic, physical, and aggressive. His physical skill set is exceptional and he doesn’t have any restrictions." Enough said.

- Anderson : "His strength and sheer will have been his saving grace on many plays even when not displaying proper technique." Developmental future.

- Toney : "Toney has very good quickness and release off the snap of the football and pairs it with a try-hard attitude and motor in order to guarantee he’ll find himself in second and third effort situations as a defender." Very light atm, (238 lbs), but has a motor and Collins behind him. Move them around for effect.

- Patterson : "An easy hands-catcher out of the backfield, he can frequently become involved in the passing game." Local guy ? Yep, but could present obvious value.

- Van Lanen : "Van Lanen is an absolute load coming off the snap. He's got natural power for days thanks to his foot drive and mass, once he's able to create any level of forward push, he's consistent in his efforts to continue to balloon the point of attack." Another developmental beast.

7. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (02-28-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 2,448 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Ok, I managed 3 offense picks this time so.....assumption, the Bills retained Feliciano and Williams, released Yeldon, Butler, Jefferson and Addison, did not resign Norman or Milano.....goal, bigger, tougher faster defense, future OL to develop that are maulers in the run game that don't have issues in pass protection.

• 30. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
    • 61. Jay Tufele IDL, USC
    • 93. Trill Williams CB, Syracuse
    • 162. Jack Anderson IOL, Texas Tech
    • 175. Shaka Toney EDGE, Penn State
    • 214. Jaret Patterson RB, Buffalo
    • 230. Cole Van Lanen OT, Wisconsin

- Collins : "Ideal Role: Starting linebacker given opportunities to rush the passer, drop in coverage, play downhill, and in space." Big. Fast. Impact. Yes.

- Tufele : "Scheme Fit: Schematic versatility to play in a single-gap penetrating scheme or he can two-gap if necessary." A guy that can do both ? Awesome.F

- Williams : "Williams is long, rangy, athletic, physical, and aggressive. His physical skill set is exceptional and he doesn’t have any restrictions." Enough said.

- Anderson : "His strength and sheer will have been his saving grace on many plays even when not displaying proper technique." Developmental future.

- Toney : "Toney has very good quickness and release off the snap of the football and pairs it with a try-hard attitude and motor in order to guarantee he’ll find himself in second and third effort situations as a defender." Very light atm, (238 lbs), but has a motor and Collins behind him. Move them around for effect.

- Patterson : "An easy hands-catcher out of the backfield, he can frequently become involved in the passing game." Local guy ? Yep, but could present obvious value.

- Van Lanen : "Van Lanen is an absolute load coming off the snap. He's got natural power for days thanks to his foot drive and mass, once he's able to create any level of forward push, he's consistent in his efforts to continue to balloon the point of attack." Another developmental beast.

Damn that looks good !!!

I'm thinking I'm back.

Buffalo Bills vs. Baltimore Ravens REACTION

9. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-24-2021)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 Times in 1,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My first 3 picks are almost always like yours. All defense with a DT in round 2.

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-28-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    My first 3 picks are almost always like yours. All defense with a DT in round 2.
    I always go between Tufele and Togiai from yours, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 Times in 13,856 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I used Fanspeak's simulator with Draftek's board.

R1P30--LB Nick Bolton, Missouri. I've seen him go in the teens in several mocks but if he's there, I grab him.
    R2P29--DL Tyler Shelvin, LSU. C/G Dickerson from Bama was still there so this was a tough call. I usually go defense/line when all things are equal.
    R3PP29--OT Spencer K. Brown, Northern Iowa. Been an RT his entire college career, some think he might be the best RT in FCS.

I like that I was able to address the lines and another front seven defender in the first three picks.

R5P17--TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame. Think he'll go earlier, but he's all-around good enough to secure a roster spot.
    R5P30--CB DJ Daniel, Georgia. Fits 'the profile', better in zone but can jamb at the line.
    R6P28--RB Larry Rountree III, Missouri. BPA.
    R7P8--WR Cade Johnson, South Dakota State. Has return skills, which might put him on the team if Roberts and McKenzie go elsewhere.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

14. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-01-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,343 Times in 11,495 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

30. Greg Rousseau EDGE, Miami
    61. Dylan Moses LB, Alabama
    93. Tommy Tremble TE, Notre Dame
    162. Jaret Patterson RB, Buffalo
    175. Shakur Brown CB, Michigan State
    214. Damar Hamlin S, Pittsburgh
    230. Josh Ball OT, Marshall
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

16. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-02-2021),YardRat (03-02-2021)