Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chappelle endorses Andrew Yang

Thanks
    Thanked 6,813 Times in 4,210 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dave Chappelle endorses Andrew Yang

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    What you mean to say is that they have no value to you, but we know they have value to a generous percentage of the electorate because they are constantly used on the trail during rallies and events.

To say the endorsements are worthless and to call people idiots who follow them is being more dense than those you’re attempting to demean.
    That's your opinion. And I think you are grossly overstating the value of celebrity endorsements. I bet they don't change the vote by anything more than a tiny, tiny amount.

But, hey. Professional Wrestling is quite popular too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh...the idea that they are valuable because they "constantly used on the trail during rallies and events." is irrelevant.

Most of the people going to rallies are already in the bag for that candidate. Their appearance does not sway hardly anyone there. The celebrity appearances are just a gift so they seem more exciting than they are.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,024 Times in 10,139 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    That's your opinion. And I think you are grossly overstating the value of celebrity endorsements. I bet they don't change the vote by anything more than a tiny, tiny amount.

But, hey. Professional Wrestling is quite popular too.
    You can always tell when you’re trying to project based on how much exaggeration you put in your posts.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,873 Times in 6,651 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone hear the story that came out yesterday about Andrew Yang's wife? She let her Ob-Gyn perform an internal exam without gloves on???? WTF is wrong with her? And reading about all the visits leading up to it. It's creepy. And on her part. She claims she didn't tell her husband to spare his feelings. Right. She should have not only told SOMEONE (like the cops or the NYS OPM) AND, perhaps, considered changing doctors. Yet she kept going. Maybe she did so for other reasons.

And when the doctor was finally brought up, her case was not used. Why not? Was she complicit in the relationship?
    Last edited by Swiper; 01-18-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Thanked 11,731 Times in 7,955 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Anyone hear the story that came out yesterday about Andrew Yang's wife? She let her Ob-Gyn perform an internal exam without gloves on???? WTF is wrong with her? And reading about all the visits leading up to it. It's creepy. And on her part. She claims she didn't tell her husband to spare his feelings. Right. She should have not only told SOMEONE (like the cops or the NYS OPM) AND, perhaps, considered changing doctors. Yet she kept going. Maybe she did so for other reasons.

And when the doctor was finally brought up, her case was not used. Why not? Was she complicit in the relationship?
    Are you suggesting her Doctor had much bigger fingers than her husband?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can always tell when you’re trying to project based on how much exaggeration you put in your posts.
    Yep. You are grossly exaggerating the effect of celebrity endorsements.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Show me where I did that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you getting senile?

It was just a few posts ago...

What you mean to say is that they have no value to you, but we know they have value to a generous percentage of the electorate because they are constantly used on the trail during rallies and events.

To say the endorsements are worthless and to call people idiots who follow them is being more dense than those you’re attempting to demean.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you getting senile?

It was just a few posts ago...
    That's not showing me the gross exaggeration that you claim...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,673 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Real recognize real.

Genius recognize genius.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post

You're a sick ****

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/polit...ult/index.html

Thanks
    Thanked 11,890 Times in 5,871 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yang made the Feb debate too.

I feel good donating to his campaign because I feel like it's being spent wisely. He's gaining some traction.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

13. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (01-30-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I appreciate your support Joe!!

I am working for his campaign as a volunteer over the next month then I am working for another campaign as paid staff that is going to run on his platform for a congressional seat.

I'm not ****ing around anymore.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    I appreciate your support Joe!!

I am working for his campaign as a volunteer over the next month then I am working for another campaign as paid staff that is going to run on his platform for a congressional seat.

I'm not ****ing around anymore.
    Awesome man, you're doing the Lord's work as we say in the south.

I intend to do more than just donate as we get closer to the Florida primaries.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mouldsie again."

16. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (01-30-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

*prayer hands emoji* TY

I intend to win the precinct I am captaining at the Caucuses. It's in a rural town that went for Trump last year so I can work that "outsider / non politician" angle when canvassing over the next few days and the day of the Caucus.

I still like Gabbard and Sanders too but Yang is so far above them for me that it's the first time I ever donated money or time to a political campaign. He's the real deal when you meet him in person too. So genuine, so intelligent, so positive.

He's crushing the polls with swing voters. We just need Dems to figure it out and Trump will be a one term president.

18. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-31-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

*prayer hands emoji* TY

I intend to win the precinct I am captaining at the Caucuses. It's in a rural town that went for Trump last year so I can work that "outsider / non politician" angle when canvassing over the next few days and the day of the Caucus.

I still like Gabbard and Sanders too but Yang is so far above them for me that it's the first time I ever donated money or time to a political campaign. He's the real deal when you meet him in person too. So genuine, so intelligent, so positive.

He's crushing the polls with swing voters. We just need Dems to figure it out and Trump will be a one term president.
    Anything specific you'd be willing to share? He's always so thoughtful and interesting.

What else is interesting about Yang is that I think he's gotten progressively better in his debates (his first being a bit of stumbling block), but when you listen to his post-debate interviews one on one, wow, the guy is insightful.

What I wouldn't give to have someone that intelligent in charge.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can meet him once and he remembers your name. This is an anecdote I've heard from other members of the Yang Gang as well.

I told him how I wrote a paper on UBI in college and he was like "Wow! So you were on this even before I was" and told me how he was influenced by the works of Thomas Paine, MLK, Andy Stern, and he words of Elon Musk on the subject and took awhile to come around (humility)

Told him I was going to Iowa to canvass for him as he was signing my book and he gave me a big high five and danced and said he can't wait to see me there.

He talks to everyone at his events and is very open minded to the needs of the people on the ground. He once remarked "I don’t expect people to agree with me on everything, that would be odd. My main hope is that people trust that I’m trying to solve problems and I’m open to different approaches - particularly if the data drives in a particular direction. Changing one’s mind is not a bad thing." He told me he believes in decentralization where possible and bottom up reform vs top down. I got the sense that he really understood where the market is needed vs where the government is needed. He has very little respect for the DC bubble but also knows he needs (at least for now) to play nice and play within the system vs trying to come at with a hammer it like Trump/Sanders.

When he has a chance to hit someone with an attack or get snarky (like I would if I were in his shoes) he instead brilliantly redirects in a way that addresses the root cause without using "othering" language on his opponents. He never vilifies individuals (like I would if I were in his shoes) but instead focuses on the system and the incentives. In his mind (at least explicitly) if someone does something corrupt it's not because they are a bad person but because we set up the wrong incentive structure. In this way he can better get people on his side vs a Trump or Sanders with their attack dog rhetoric. It's a lesson to me in getting buy in because I am the type to be more blunt.

But it's also an incite into how he will govern and how he thinks about fixing problems or dealing with international figureheads: root causes, incentives, carrots, and sticks.

He's also pragmatic vs utopian. Progressive ideals but with actual paths forward.

UBI vs Federal Jobs Guarantee and other big gov't programs for example.... which one will Republicans be more on board with?
    Alaska and Milton Friedman followers tell us exactly which one they prefer. And the end result is still progressive and empowering people especially at the bottom.

As for his brilliance: economics and law dregrees from Columbia and Brown, got a nearly perfect score on the LSAT and GMAT. Scored like a 1540 on the SAT's when he was 15 years old.

Character?

See the videos below:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Where did you end up canvassing?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

*prayer hands emoji* TY

I commend you for being a great citizen and doing the dirty, and hard work of political action. Kudos to you!!!!!

I would never vote for Yang, but it's people like you that make this country great. Citizenship in action!!!

You are a breath of fresh air from the cynical crap I hear here all the time, that the DNC is dictating who the Dem nominee will be and that the primary is "rigged". It's NOT, and you are a testament to the fact.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I commend you for being a great citizen and doing the dirty, and hard work of political action. Kudos to you!!!!!

I would never vote for Yang, but it's people like you that make this country great. Citizenship in action!!!

You are a breath of fresh air from the cynical crap I hear here all the time, that the DNC is dictating who the Dem nominee will be and that the primary is "rigged". It's NOT, and you are a testament to the fact.
    You'll forgive me if I'm too jaundiced to predict who can and cannot be elected these days, but if by some amazing long shot it comes down to Trump vs Yang, you better be part of the Yang Gang!

24. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (01-31-2020)