Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: China coronavirus: Beijing confirms human-to-human transmission of deadly virus

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,003 Times in 8,076 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: China coronavirus: Beijing confirms human-to-human transmission of deadly virus

Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Or Panda Express
    Panda rocks

Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,635 Times in 3,305 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: China coronavirus: Beijing confirms human-to-human transmission of deadly virus

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,997 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    SHUT. THE. ****. UP.

The LAST thing we need is a half-baked(and I'm being generous)conspiracy right about now.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

"I will tell anyone who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drummer: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

4. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-28-2020),notacon (01-26-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-25-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

On a more serious note....the city of Ezhou(population: 1 million)has moved from a partial lockdown to a full one.

That means(per BNO News)...

*All roads in and out of the city are closed
    *Private vehicles are banned from the city center
    *Marriages, birthdays and other private gatherings are banned
    *Internet cafes and other entertainment centers are closed
    *Funerals can take place...but: 1. they cannot exceed 3 days, 2. close family only and 3. 20 people max

*Also, per the city government, it adds that bodies will be "sent for cremation". It's unknown if cremation is mandatory, however.
    Last edited by ckg927; 01-25-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also heading into a lockdown: the city of Shantou(in Guangdong province), which has 5.5 million people. It's taking effect at midnight(presumably our time).

Except for emergency personnel, no one can enter the city.

(BTW, if you don't follow BNO News on Twitter...you SHOULD.)
    Last edited by ckg927; 01-25-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,276 Times in 9,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Panda rocks
    It’s mediocre but it’s good hangover food.

I should add, though, that I’m based agains chains. My dad sold restaurant supply in Rochester for 15 years and the local guys all bought from him. The chains only went to him in emergencies.

Also, when we lived in VA my wife worked in Annandale for a while. It’s got a huge population of Asian immigrants, mostly Vietnamese and Korean but some Chinese too. Many say it’s the best Asian food outside of Asia so we have high standards when it comes to any type of Asian food.

8. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (01-26-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-26-2020)

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https-::www.newsmax.com:headline:china-virus-death-toll:2020:01:26:id:951311:

A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far, while the U.S. Consulate in the city at the epicenter announced it will evacuate its personnel and some private citizens aboard a charter flight.

China's health minister said the country was entering a “crucial stage" as “it seems like the ability of the virus to spread is getting stronger."

Ma Xiaowei declined to estimate how long it would take to bring the situation under control, but said travel restrictions and other strict measures should bring results “at the lowest cost and fastest speed.”

President Xi Jinping on Saturday called the outbreak a grave situation and said the government was stepping up efforts to restrict travel and public gatherings while rushing medical staff and supplies to the city at the center of the crisis, Wuhan, which remains on lockdown with no flights, trains or buses in or out.
    Last edited by Woodman; 01-26-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    Terms of Conduct & Service

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally"

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It’s mediocre but it’s good hangover food.

I should add, though, that I’m based agains chains. My dad sold restaurant supply in Rochester for 15 years and the local guys all bought from him. The chains only went to him in emergencies.

Also, when we lived in VA my wife worked in Annandale for a while. It’s got a huge population of Asian immigrants, mostly Vietnamese and Korean but some Chinese too. Many say it’s the best Asian food outside of Asia so we have high standards when it comes to any type of Asian food.
    I just remember walking to panda in college during intermission during the Sabres 07 run to the conference finals. Probably has something to do with it

11. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (01-27-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The US National Institutes of Health wants to send a team of researchers to China to look at the data. In particular, they want to see what led Chinese officials to conclude that it is contagious before symptoms are evident. If that is true, it will make it extremely difficult to try and stop the spread of the disease.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BNO News: The CDC just wrapped up a briefing on the coronavirus. Key takeaways:

*They call it a "emerging" and "serious" public health threat...but add that the threat to the U.S. population is low at this time.
    *5 confirmed cases(in WA, IL, CA & AZ); also 75 others are being monitored for the coronavirus as well.
    *The agency called reports out of Wuhan "alarming".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WTOP-FM in the Washington, DC area is now reporting that the Virginia Dept. of Health is looking into 3 suspected cases of coronavirus; one of them in Northern Virginia.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https-::www.newsmax.com:headline:china-virus-death-toll:2020:01:26:id:951311:

The CDC expects more Americans to be diagnosed with the newly discovered virus, which is believed to have an incubation period of about two weeks, as worldwide the number of confirmed cases nears 2,000. The CDC is screening passengers on direct and connecting flights from Wuhan at five major airports in Atlanta, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Guidance from the CDC advises that people who have had casual contact with the patient are at “minimal risk” for developing infection. There's no evidence that person-to-person transmission occurred in Orange County, and the risk of local transmission remains low, the release said. Further details about the case weren't released.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    SHUT. THE. ****. UP.

The LAST thing we need is a half-baked(and I'm being generous)conspiracy right about now.
    They just did a simulation on this virus in the fall. So YOU shut up.

lol.

C'mon you gotta die of something. You'd probably like Coronavirus better than a crazed mass shooter, right?

Patti

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,113 Times in 12,343 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Apparently 'coronavirus' is a fairly large 'family', and others are reporting that this specific strain doesn't have a direct relation to any others from prior patent records.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They just did a simulation on this virus in the fall. So YOU shut up.

lol.

C'mon you gotta die of something. You'd probably like Coronavirus better than a crazed mass shooter, right?
    The ONLY time I'll ever shut up is when I go toes up. And, if all the stars align, that won't happen for a LONG time. Request DENIED. BELIEVE IT.

19. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (01-26-2020)

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,656 Times in 2,981 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

80 dead 2,803 infected.

Scientist are linking the virus to exotic animals sold as food in a Whuhan market.

The Chinese eat anything that moves.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ooh, look, they are "rushing" a vaccine to respond to the virus outbreak. Thanks, Bill Gates!

The US National Institutes of Health (NIH) is launching a rush program to develop a vaccine against the China coronavirus.
    The goal? Have a vaccine ready for human testing in an unprecedented 90 days.

NIH is partnering with a US vaccine company, Moderna, Inc.

The vaccine is a new type called RNA. According to Reuters (“With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine,” Jan 24, 2020), “[these are] vaccines based on ribonucleic acid (RNA)—a chemical messenger that contains instructions for making proteins.”

“Moderna Announces Funding Award from CEPI to Accelerate Development of Messenger RNA (mRNA) Vaccine Against Novel Coronavirus”.

CEPI is a innovative global partnership between public, private, philanthropic, and civil society organisations. We’re working together to accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable equitable access to these vaccines for people during outbreaks.”

“CEPI was founded in Davos by the governments of Norway and India, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Wellcome Trust, and the World Economic Forum.”

Vaccine on the Way for Coronavirus

Patti

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ooh, look, they are "rushing" a vaccine to respond to the virus outbreak. Thanks, Bill Gates!

The US National Institutes of Health (NIH) is launching a rush program to develop a vaccine against the China coronavirus.
    The goal? Have a vaccine ready for human testing in an unprecedented 90 days.

NIH is partnering with a US vaccine company, Moderna, Inc.

The vaccine is a new type called RNA. According to Reuters (“With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine,” Jan 24, 2020), “[these are] vaccines based on ribonucleic acid (RNA)—a chemical messenger that contains instructions for making proteins.”

“Moderna Announces Funding Award from CEPI to Accelerate Development of Messenger RNA (mRNA) Vaccine Against Novel Coronavirus”.

CEPI is a innovative global partnership between public, private, philanthropic, and civil society organisations. We’re working together to accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable equitable access to these vaccines for people during outbreaks.”

“CEPI was founded in Davos by the governments of Norway and India, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Wellcome Trust, and the World Economic Forum.”

Vaccine on the Way for Coronavirus

Patti
    I'd take one. Sign me up

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I'd take one. Sign me up
    If there's a shortage you can certainly have mine.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If there's a shortage you can certainly have mine.

Now is that the result of the vaccine, or poor quality controls during the manufacture, and before you even begin to give me your answer, do you have anything more substantial than a meme that proves that 48,000 children were paralyzed by the vaccine? You know, like a link perhaps?