Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Japan Has Almost Eradicated Gun Crime

Thanks
    Thanked 11,890 Times in 5,871 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How Japan Has Almost Eradicated Gun Crime

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Honor , integrity and honesty is still a big Japanese trait .

Our society has growing mental issues. Take away the guns we'll still find a way to kill each other.
    Small wonder the approval rating for Donald Trump is only 9% in Japan!

He lacks all three traits!
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

2. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (01-23-2020),notacon (01-23-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 4,780 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Small wonder the approval rating for Donald Trump is only 9% in Japan!

He lacks all three traits!
    so this thread is really not about gun control? It's a bait to show how much you hate Trump, again? We get it already.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so this thread is really not about gun control? It's a bait to show how much you hate Trump, again? We get it already.
    It is about gun control, you just happened to walk yourself into that Trump comment.

And it's about how other countries accomplish gun control so easily with the application of common sense.

Meanwhile right-wingers who love to beat their chests about AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM love to tell us all the things America CAN'T do. Curious how nothing can be done anymore! It's a miracle we ever built the Hoover Dam.

Oh, except that every modern country on earth has managed gun control quite successfully.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 01-23-2020 at 01:48 PM.

5. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (01-23-2020),Historian (01-23-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,756 Times in 7,973 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It is about gun control, you just happened to walk yourself into that Trump comment.

And it's about how other countries accomplish gun control so easily with the application of common sense.

Meanwhile right-wingers who love to beat their chests about AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM love to tell us all the things America CAN'T do. Curious how nothing can be done anymore! It's a miracle we ever built the Hoover Dam.

Oh, except that every modern country on earth has managed to do it quite successfully.
    Can't do universal healthcare.

Can't raise minimum wage.

Can't welcome refugees.

Can't...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post

Can't welcome refugees.

Can't...
    We should call 'em Republi-can'ts.

8. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (01-23-2020)

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 Times in 2,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post

Can't welcome refugees.

Can't...
    Big difference between refugees and gang members. But they need to raise the wages a bit.
    I admire china because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime.
    PM Justin Trudeau.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,363 Times in 9,775 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is this you silverware collection?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is about gun control, you just happened to walk yourself into that Trump comment. .
    I made no mention of partisanship. Typical lefty. You start it and then blame it one someone else.

And it's about how other countries accomplish gun control so easily with the application of common sense. .
    and unfortunately, you missed the common sense part by listening to an anti-gun article . America is not Japan. Just like it's not Denmark or Sweden. What other countries wont apply here. there in no cookie cutter for ALL NATIONS of the world . This is why I say screw one world order.

Meanwhile right-wingers who love to beat their chests about AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM love to tell us how it's impossible to do such a thing. It simply can't be done!
    Because common sense states IT CANT BE DONE in US society. . and since you insist on patisanshipship, let's start by left wingers wanting to release criminals .Here in NY the bail reform is a mess and it's failing
    You lefties also want to legalize drugs. How do you think that is going to affect mental issues in the streets and society.
    You lefties even want to cuddle illegal alien criminals with your sanctuary cities.

Now liberals want to further cause mental issues by confusing kids with gender confusion.

Yeah, lets legalize drugs, release criminals and the ban guns. NO THANKS . We'll buy more guns and more ammo thank you the left wanting to create chaos.

Oh, except that every modern country on earth has managed to do it quite successfully.
    Japan practices capital punishment and still HANGS people for certain crimes . So does Singapore which has practically has no crime . They hang you if you if you are found with a certain amount of drugs. Are you willing for harsh criminal punishment? I am guessing you lefties will say no.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I made no mention of partisanship. Typical lefty. You start it and then blame it one someone else.
    You mentioned three fantastic traits the Japanese value. Noting to myself that Trump lacks all three traits, I posted it for no other reason than it's amusing.

The fact that you seem highly agitated only reinforces my obvious good taste in casually mentioning it

and unfortunately, you missed the common sense part by listening to an anti-gun article . America is not Japan. Just like it's not Denmark or Sweden. What other countries wont apply here. there in no cookie cutter for ALL NATIONS of the world . This is why I say screw one world order.
    America is not Japan. Congratulations, you can read a map.

And guess what? England isn't France. Germany isn't Japan. Italy isn't Iceland. Sweden isn't New Zealand. Canada isn't Australia.

All these countries are different from one another as well and yet they all found ways to make gun control work within the parameters of their own unique circumstances.

There's nothing about America that makes this impossible.

and since you insist on patisanshipship, let's start by left wingers wanting to release criminals .Here in NY the bail reform is a mess and it's failing
    You lefties also want to legalize drugs. How do you think that is going to affect mental issues in the streets and society.
    You lefties even want to cuddle illegal alien criminals with your sanctuary cities.

Now liberals want to further cause mental issues by confusing kids with gender confusion.
    Now you're just all over the place. If you could calm down and focus your thoughts, this might go better for you.

I don't know what meds you're on, but you may want to increase the dosage.

Japan practices capital punishment and still HANGS people for certain crimes . So does Singapore which has practically has no crime . They hang you if you if you are found with a certain amount of drugs. Are you willing for harsh criminal punishment? I am guessing you lefties will say no.
    Huh?

I'm praising Japan's efforts at gun control. WTF does your weird diatribe about their system of capital punishment have to do with anything?

13. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-23-2020),notacon (01-23-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,833 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

availability of guns or gun control is NOT the main reason. It starts with culture and Japan’s well-known propensity for putting the group before the self, and by extension following orders from one’s superiors. We already fail with both.
    A child as early as the 1st grade can commute to school all by themselves and every person looks after them until they get home. They watch out for one another.

Our society has growing mental issues. Take away the guns we'll still find a way to kill each other.
    What total bull****.

Japan is not the only country that has the same effect...in countries where guns are restricted, there is lower incidence of violence and death. The more the restrictions to access, the more the effect.

15. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (01-23-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You mentioned three fantastic traits the Japanese value. Noting to myself that Trump lacks all three traits, I posted it for no other reason than it's amusing.

The fact that you seem highly agitated only reinforces my obvious good taste in casually mentioning it

America is not Japan. Congratulations, you can read a map.

And guess what? England isn't France. Germany isn't Japan. Italy isn't Iceland. Sweden isn't New Zealand. Canada isn't Australia.

All these countries are different from one another as well and yet they all found ways to make gun control work within the parameters of their own unique circumstances.

There's nothing about America that makes this impossible.

Now you're just all over the place. If you could calm down and focus your thoughts, this might go better for you.

I don't know what meds you're on, but you may want to increase the dosage.

Huh?

I'm praising Japan's efforts at gun control. WTF does your weird diatribe about their system of capital punishment have to do with anything?
    not my problem that you think there is a cookie cutter for everything even though the make up of the countries are entirely different?
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-23-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    What total bull****.

Japan is not the only country that has the same effect...in countries where guns are restricted, there is lower incidence of violence and death. The more the restrictions to access, the more the effect.
    tell me, if guns were the problem , then why were there no deaths or shooting during the Virginia rally where there were tons of guns ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

not my problem that you think there is a cookie cutter for everything even though the make up of the countries are entirely different?
    I just listed 10 individual nations, each culturally unique from one another, that have their own variations of gun control that work within their own legal and social circumstances. None are the same yet all are effective.

That's the exact opposite of cookie cutter.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,833 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

tell me, if guns were the problem , then why were there no deaths or shooting during the Virginia rally where there were tons of guns ?
    Seriously?!?!?! What an incredibly stupid absurd premise.

I could explain it to you but, why bother.

20. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (01-23-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's awesome.

These forums are interesting because they give you insight into how people think. Or in some cases, what passes for thinking.

Specious reasoning is always a right-wing greatest hit.

22. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-23-2020),notacon (01-24-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,301 Times in 9,106 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

availability of guns or gun control is NOT the main reason. It starts with culture and Japanís well-known propensity for putting the group before the self, and by extension following orders from oneís superiors. We already fail with both.
    A child as early as the 1st grade can commute to school all by themselves and every person looks after them until they get home. They watch out for one another.

You are right in that the underlying social and mental health issues that lead to violence will still exist even if all the guns just disappeared tomorrow. But two things:

1. Social and mental health issues take many years to fix. We should be working on them but there is no magic solution that will solve it right away. In the meantime, limiting access to the most deadly weapons is a part of a solution to the gun violence that can be implemented relatively easily and quickly.

2. If someone goes psycho, I'd much rather have it be with a knife or even a shotgun than an AR-15 or something similar. IIRC, the Parkland ******* killed 14 people and wounded 17 more in just over a minute. That's impossible with a knife or a shotgun.

24. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-24-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-23-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I just listed 10 individual nations, each culturally unique from one another, that have their own variations of gun control that work within their own legal and social circumstances. None are the same yet all are effective.

That's the exact opposite of cookie cutter.
    exactly, which is why I am saying what works for Japan doesnt mean it will work here which falls to my point that you cant compare the 2.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

no you couldnt. Because it's proof that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens if safe.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    You are right in that the underlying social and mental health issues that lead to violence will still exist even if all the guns just disappeared tomorrow. But two things:

1. Social and mental health issues take many years to fix. We should be working on them but there is no magic solution that will solve it right away. In the meantime, limiting access to the most deadly weapons is a part of a solution to the gun violence that can be implemented relatively easily and quickly.

2. If someone goes psycho, I'd much rather have it be with a knife or even a shotgun than an AR-15 or something similar. IIRC, the Parkland ******* killed 14 people and wounded 17 more in just over a minute. That's impossible with a knife or a shotgun.
    I agree that there has to be better gun laws but my point stands, cannot compare Japan to the US . Culture alone is different. Our way of thinking if different. Everything Japan does is for the good of Japan. For the good of the group .

Here alone the democrats are already going after each other. Change our way of thinking first and then we'll talk about everything else.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

exactly, which is why I am saying what works for Japan doesnt mean it will work here which falls to my point that you cant compare the 2.
    LOL

Wow, that went right over your head. Almost cartoonishly so.