Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Trump's messages where simple. Make America Great! Lock her up! Build the wall! Drain the swamp! I'm not a politician!

    That's the kind of stuff that stuck with people.

    It seems like in the age of cell phones and microwave dinners, nobody has the attention span of a gnat; let alone the kind of attention span required to digest complex issues.

    Democratic candidates always get panned by critics for speaking "above their audience" (just a dick way of saying they're using too many big words). There's an expectation that if you don't speak like a 4th grader like Dubya or Trump, you can't connect with middle America.

    However, Bernie is pretty good about staying on point with a consistent and straightforward message about economic justice. He's not going to get bogged down by wedge issues or other distractions that often railroad other campaigns. And although his message is somewhat repetitive, that may actually help him reach people in the sticks.
    And he lost the popular vote by close to 3 million.

    His EC win was a fluke. One in a million fluke.

    77,000 votes go the other way in three states that had over 13 million cast....and the whole narrative is thrown on it's head.

    Trump won because he gave uneducated whites someone to blame for their lot in life....those nasty Mexican immigrants, who are rapsist and murderers. Trump won by racism....plain blatant out of the closet, loud and proud racism!!!

    He also won by lying his ass of.....about EVERYTHING!

    Reading too much into Trump's fluke win is a recipe for hubris.
    Last edited by notacon; 01-23-2020 at 10:01 PM.

  2. #42
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    23,003
    Thanks
    10,857
    Thanked 9,879 Times in 6,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    58

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    Seems like everyone who isn't *you* or agrees with your points of view is now a Cultist.

    Patti
    Yeah. You're right. He's a lot like a Democrat one of you.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

  3. #43
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    23,003
    Thanks
    10,857
    Thanked 9,879 Times in 6,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    58

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I never once voted for Obama.
    Well you'd have to stop masturbating in the voting booth so you could pull the lever.

  4. Post thanked by:

    notacon (01-24-2020),Tailgunner Joe (01-23-2020)

  5. #44
    Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,105
    Thanks
    1,223
    Thanked 688 Times in 419 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    3

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    What are you, Hillary Clinton's chauffeur?
    Cleaned it up because that original post I made here was too dirty and cheap even for me. Okay lets try again. Noty is to Hillary what I am to Russia, namely an apologist. Its what he does. IF something makes Hillary look bad he comes to her defense as soon as possible even when it enters WTF territory. Its really similar to how I have defended Russia in the past.
    Last edited by Tailgunner Joe; 01-23-2020 at 11:24 PM.

  6. #45
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,818
    Thanks
    1,710
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    Yes, probably the endorsement from HRC that did it!

    Patti
    Yes i'm sure it did.
    Terms of Conduct & Service


    Round 1 with the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

    Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)





    In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, “don’t take this ass whipping personally"



  7. #46
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,367
    Thanks
    974
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 2,988 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    I knew Bernie got to him after watching that pod cast.




  8. Post thanked by:

    Swiper (01-24-2020)

  9. #47
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,818
    Thanks
    1,710
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    So how exactly will they screw him again?

  10. #48
    realultimatepower.net JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle, NJ
    Posts
    12,747
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 11,890 Times in 5,871 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    And he lost the popular vote by close to 3 million.

    His EC win was a fluke. One in a million fluke.

    77,000 votes go the other way in three states that had over 13 million cast....and the whole narrative is thrown on it's head.

    Trump won because he gave uneducated whites someone to blame for their lot in life....those nasty Mexican immigrants, who are rapsist and murderers. Trump won by racism....plain blatant out of the closet, loud and proud racism!!!

    He also won by lying his ass of.....about EVERYTHING!

    Reading too much into Trump's fluke win is a recipe for hubris.
    It's true Trump experienced a perfect storm in the electoral college in 2016.

    Let me note that I'm not the one between the two of us predicting a blowout win against Trump in 2020. I'd argue your over-confidence that Trump is bound is lose is the real hubris here. Because it's exactly what people thought in 2016.

    I think Trump wins a second term.

    Why?

    Because I believe his message of fear, lies, demagoguery, gas lighting, muddying the waters, and pushing racial & cultural buttons that strike at the heart of white identity resentment will propel him to victory once again.

    Hope and positivity are no match for fear and resentment. Negativity is too visceral. Hope too intangible.

    If you want to get people in thrall, make them afraid. And once you have them believing what they know in their hearts isn't true, you've got them by the balls. And that is what Trump is good at.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

  11. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    It's true Trump experienced a perfect storm in the electoral college in 2016.

    Let me note that I'm not the one between the two of us predicting a blowout win against Trump in 2020. I'd argue your over-confidence that Trump is bound is lose is the real hubris here. Because it's exactly what people thought in 2016.

    I think Trump wins a second term.

    Why?

    Because I believe his message of fear, lies, demagoguery, gas lighting, muddying the waters, and pushing racial & cultural buttons that strike at the heart of white identity resentment will propel him to victory once again.

    Hope and positivity are no match for fear and resentment. Negativity is too visceral. Hope too intangible.

    If you want to get people in thrall, make them afraid. And once you have them believing what they know in their hearts isn't true, you've got them by the balls. And that is what Trump is good at.
    I disagree and have presented all kinds of evidence why.

  12. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    Cleaned it up because that original post I made here was too dirty and cheap even for me. Okay lets try again. Noty is to Hillary what I am to Russia, namely an apologist. Its what he does. IF something makes Hillary look bad he comes to her defense as soon as possible even when it enters WTF territory. Its really similar to how I have defended Russia in the past.
    Nice try, but not even close to being true.

    I am the defender against smears, bull**** and dishonesty.

    It's what I do.

  13. #51
    realultimatepower.net JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle, NJ
    Posts
    12,747
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 11,890 Times in 5,871 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I disagree and have presented all kinds of evidence why.
    You have.

    There's a lot of evidence of 'Trump fatigue' in a lot of key battleground states. Early state polls do in fact indicate exactly that.

    HOWEVER...

    I always take state polls with a grain of salt because I think, much in the same way as 2016, there's a large segment of respondents who intend to vote for Trump but will not say so explicitly. They'll either lie and say they're voting Dem or lie and say they're undecided.

    If we're like a week out from the election and I'm seeing large segments of "undecided" voters in key battleground states, Trump wins a second term.

    You can almost be assured the "undecided" voters will split heavily in favor of Trump. Because they were never undecided to begin with. They were just too embarrassed to admit to pollsters they support Trump.

  14. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    BTW...Hillary has been the subject constant smears, bull**** and lies.....for three decades. More than any public figure by a mile.....with some of the most egregious and insane attacks.....that are exponentially greater than any politician on this site.

    Just a day or two ago, I defended Bernie from a smearing attempt on this very site. Jesus...I've even defended Baron Trump from unfair attacks.


    If the Hillary haters don't like when I call them out on their dishonest, smearing and demagogic bull****....then don't put out dishonest, smearing and demagogic bull****.

    I suspect that they just can't help themselves.

  15. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    You have.

    There's a lot of evidence of 'Trump fatigue' in a lot of key battleground states. Early state polls do in fact indicate exactly that.

    HOWEVER...

    I always take state polls with a grain of salt because I think, much in the same way as 2016, there's a large segment of respondents who intend to vote for Trump but will not say so explicitly. They'll either lie and say they're voting Dem or lie and say they're undecided.

    If we're like a week out from the election and I'm seeing large segments of "undecided" voters in key battleground states, Trump wins a second term.

    You can almost be assured the "undecided" voters will split heavily in favor of Trump. Because they were never undecided to begin with. They were just too embarrassed to admit to pollsters they support Trump.
    Maybe. Actually, the polls were pretty accurate in 2016. And Comey's inexplicable October Surprise bull**** was a huge factor. Along with all the elements of a perfect storm that we have been going over for three years+.

    One cannot ignore the 77,000 vote margin in three states that cast over 13 million. The chances of that happening again is one in thousands.


    Additionally, there are two HUGE factors that will not be present in 2020.

    1. Hillary ain't running. She was the second least popular figure to run for president, ever. #1 was Trump, of course. But, there is zero doubt that Hillary Hatred was an important factor in 2016.

    2. Trump represented an "unknown" to millions of lower information voters. It was a thought process something like this...."I know Hilary and hate her. Things are screwed up. Maybe Trump could fix it like he says he could".

    The realization of (so far) three years of Trump has shattered that "unknown" factor.....and the all that is needed is a sliver of 2016 Trump voters to come to their senses. Remember, 13% of Trump voters in 2016, voted for President Obama in 2012. That ain't gong to happen again. All that is needed is a percentage point of two in key states...and it's a landslide loss for Trump.

    51% of Americans think Trump should be removed from office via impeachment. About 55% say they will never vote for him. EVERY state has seen HUGE drops in his popular/unpopular ratio.

    I'm betting that Trump hatred is so strong, that it trumps almost every other consideration.

    Of course, politics change by the day, and I could be all wet. But, it's a similar chance that Trump squeaks out a tight win as it is him getting blown out. Look at the electoral map.

    There is not one single state that was blue in 2016, that has a good chance of turning to Trump. There are many states that can, and will be lost to Trump.

    My opinions are not based on emotion, or preference, or hubris. It's based on cold hard facts. The facts are on my side.

    Come Nov. 4, 2020, we will probably know who's correct. For all our sakes, it better be me.
    Last edited by notacon; 01-24-2020 at 01:02 PM.

  16. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    BTW...the electoral map's default view is the "consensus"....pointing out which states are "safe", "likely", "leans" or "tossup" for Dem's and GOP.

    Look the "tossup" and "lean" states. If the likely Dem wins the primary, Joe Biden, these things are most reasonable to happen:

    PA - likely Dem.
    WI - likely Dem
    NC - lean Dem
    AZ - lean Dem
    OH - tossup
    FL - tossup
    GA - tossup

    Trump is toast. All that's left is the yelling and screaming.

  17. #55
    realultimatepower.net JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle, NJ
    Posts
    12,747
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 11,890 Times in 5,871 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Maybe. Actually, the polls were pretty accurate in 2016. And Comey's inexplicable October Surprise bull**** was a huge factor. Along with all the elements of a perfect storm that we have been going over for three years+.

    One cannot ignore the 77,000 vote margin in three states that cast over 13 million. The chances of that happening again is one in thousands.


    Additionally, there are two HUGE factors that will not be present in 2020.

    1. Hillary ain't running. She was the second least popular figure to run for president, ever. #1 was Trump, of course. But, there is zero doubt that Hillary Hatred was an important factor in 2016.

    2. Trump represented an "unknown" to millions of lower information voters. It was a thought process something like this...."I know Hilary and hate her. Things are screwed up. Maybe Trump could fix it like he says he could".

    The realization of (so far) three years of Trump has shattered that "unknown" factor.....and the all that is needed is a sliver of 2016 Trump voters to come to their senses. Remember, 13% of Trump voters in 2016, voted for President Obama in 2012. That ain't gong to happen again. All that is needed is a percentage point of two in key states...and it's a landslide loss for Trump.

    51% of Americans think Trump should be removed from office via impeachment. About 55% say they will never vote for him. EVERY state has seen HUGE drops in his popular/unpopular ratio.

    I'm betting that Trump hatred is so strong, that it trumps almost every other consideration.

    Of course, politics change by the day, and I could be all wet. But, it's a similar chance that Trump squeaks out a tight win as it is him getting blown out. Look at the electoral map.

    There is not one single state that was blue in 2016, that has a good chance of turning to Trump. There are many states that can, and will be lost to Trump.

    My opinions are not based on emotion, or preference, or hubris. It's based on cold hard facts. The facts are on my side.

    Come Nov. 4, 2020, we will probably know who's correct. For all our sakes, it better be me.
    There are a lot of encouraging signs.

    National polling was spot on in 2016. State polls were dicier.

    The fact that 51% of Americans want Trump impeached and removed from office is positive.

    The fact that 55% say they will never vote for him is even better.

    The fact that 70% of Americans want a proper impeachment trial with witnesses, testimony, and evidence is also encouraging.

    And since Republicans are dead set on a complete cover-up, it may hurt not only Trump in November but also the down ballot Republican Senators who denied the American public a proper trial.

    I do think Susan Collins and Corey Gardner are toast. And good riddance to both of those frauds who fashion themselves as noble centrists but never break party lines.

    There's certainly hope for 2020.

    Again, my thoughts pull me back to one nagging concern. Trump is going to go nuclear on the campaign trail. It will be ugly. The lies, fear mongering, demagoguery, and gas lighting are powerful tools for any authoritarian leader who wants to frighten the public into submission.

    Here's hoping you're right and Americans don't give in to fear.

  18. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (01-24-2020),ckg927 (01-24-2020),Downinfloflo (01-24-2020),notacon (01-24-2020)

  19. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,958
    Thanks
    10,132
    Thanked 6,828 Times in 4,220 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    There are a lot of encouraging signs.

    National polling was spot on in 2016. State polls were dicier.

    The fact that 51% of Americans want Trump impeached and removed from office is positive.

    The fact that 55% say they will never vote for him is even better.

    The fact that 70% of Americans want a proper impeachment trial with witnesses, testimony, and evidence is also encouraging.

    And since Republicans are dead set on a complete cover-up, it may hurt not only Trump in November but also the down ballot Republican Senators who denied the American public a proper trial.

    I do think Susan Collins and Corey Gardner are toast. And good riddance to both of those frauds who fashion themselves as noble centrists but never break party lines.

    There's certainly hope for 2020.

    Again, my thoughts pull me back to one nagging concern. Trump is going to go nuclear on the campaign trail. It will be ugly. The lies, fear mongering, demagoguery, and gas lighting are powerful tools for any authoritarian leader who wants to frighten the public into submission.

    Here's hoping you're right and Americans don't give in to fear.
    I'm sure you realize that control of the Senate is almost as important as the presidency. With Moscow Mitch in control....nothing, and I mean nothing will get done. He WILL shamelessly and brazenly not allow any Supreme Court nominations to even get hearing. EVERY SINGLE policy a Dem. president wants would be obstructed.

    It would be a debacle for the country.

  20. #57
    Registered User TigerJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gates, NY
    Posts
    20,102
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    I can see next fall turning into the worst excuse for a presidential election in the history of our country.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

    I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

  21. #58
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,818
    Thanks
    1,710
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    I knew Bernie got to him after watching that pod cast.




    Bernie Sanders faces backlash from left for promoting endorsement from Joe Rogan!



    https-::www.foxnews.com:entertainment:bernie-sanders-joe-rogan


    Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., is facing heat from the far left for promoting the endorsement of popular podcast host Joe Rogan, who has a history of controversial remarks.

    On Thursday, Sanders tweeted the glowing remarks Rogan made on his podcast show, "The Joe Rogan Experience," earlier in the week, where he revealed that he would "probably" vote for the Vermont senator in the Democratic primary.

    “I think I'll probably vote for Bernie. Him, as a human being, when I was hanging out with him, I believe in him, I like him, I like him a lot,” Rogan said.

    Rogan then explained that it’s possible to dig up dirt on anyone, but he feels Sanders doesn’t have too many bad moments.

    “He’s been insanely consistent his entire life. He’s basically been saying the same thing, been for the same thing his whole life. And that, in and of itself, is a very powerful structure to operate from,” Rogan continued.

    Sanders’ Twitter account then shared footage of Rogan making the comment along with the campaign logo and a message directing viewers to berniesanders.com.
    Last edited by Woodman; 01-24-2020 at 10:52 PM.

  22. #59
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,818
    Thanks
    1,710
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll


    https-::www.foxnews.com:entertainment:bernie-sanders-joe-rogan



    However, Sanders promoting the endorsement of Rogan, whose podcast is one of the most listened to in the country, sparked backlash from the left, who accused the former "Fear Factor" host of appealing to "white bigots."

    "Dear @BernieSanders, Please reject the endorsement of this man. It is beneath all of us. It is not okay to be celebrating an endorsement from him," former Rewire News editor-in-chief Jodi Jacobson pleaded the candidate, sharing Rogan's past remarks condemning the outrage toward "The Dukes of Hazzard" because of the iconic General Lee car that featured the Confederate flag.

    "Let's be clear : By promoting Joe Rogan Sanders is dog whistling that his campaign is a safe space for aggrieved white bigots because he'll keep those radical blacks and their 'identity politics' in check. He's been dancing around the message for years," MSNBC contributor Jason Johnson declared.

  23. #60
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,818
    Thanks
    1,710
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Sanders surges in new nationwide CNN poll



    https-::www.foxnews.com:entertainment:bernie-sanders-joe-rogan




    The Sanders campaign issued a statement in response to the backlash.


    "The goal of our campaign is to build a multi-racial, multi-generational movement that is large enough to defeat Donald Trump and the powerful special interests whose greed and corruption is the root cause of the outrageous inequality in America," Sanders' national press secretary Briahna Joy Gray said in a statement to Fox News. "Sharing a big tent requires including those who do not share every one of our beliefs, while always making clear that we will never compromise our values. The truth is that standing together in solidarity, we share the values of love and respect that will move us in the direction of a more humane, more equal world."


    As New York Post's Jon Levine highlighted, Rogan revealed that former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg have all "asked" to be on his show. He denied their requests because he'd "rather talk to his friends."


    Tech businessman Andrew Yang and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, are the only other Democratic candidates besides Sanders to appear on the podcast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •