Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama Says Average American Doesnt Want to Tear Down System

Thanks
    Thanked 7,442 Times in 4,501 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Obama Says Average American Doesnt Want to Tear Down System

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I agree with most of this....but the DNC does not "endorse" anyone.

Besides that, this is what I have been saying for years. I am going to start a thread on this very subject.
    We can be honest here, the DNC absolutely endorsed Hilary from the moment she announced her candidacy 4 years ago and it's pretty clear that Biden is their guy right now.

Obama and Hilary are part of that machine right now, even though they don't like each other, to put Biden even further over with the voters.

I'm not hating on the system, but that's what your side does. The GOP does it too with Jeb Bush being the chosen one initially in 2016. They either aren't as mechanized with doing it or listen to the voters more or both. But when it was obvious the voters didn't want Jeb, they tried to go to Rubio.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 01-25-2020 at 03:53 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-26-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,824 Times in 4,217 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    That didn't happen last time because the choice was Hillary Clinton.
    There is some truth to that...like I have pointing out accurately for years....Hillary hatred was stronger than Trump hatred with the Bernie diehards.....but the similar thing will happen in 2020 from the Bernie Bro no matter who the nominee is.

The #1 criticism I have for Bernie and his supporters are their unrealistic and self defeating purity tests.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    We can be honest here, the DNC absolutely endorsed Hilary from the moment she announced her candidacy 4 years ago and it's pretty clear that Biden is their guy right now.

Obama and Hilary are part of that machine right now, even though they don't like each other, to put Biden even further over with the voters.

I'm not hating on the system, but that's what your side does. The GOP does it too with Jeb Bush being the chosen one initially in 2016. They either aren't as mechanized with doing it or listen to the voters more or both. But when it was obvious the voters didn't want Jeb, they tried to go to Rubio.
    That depends on how you define "endorse". Of course DEMOCRATS favored Hillary, and not Bernie. Repeat after me....BERNIE IS NOT A DEMOCRAT. BERNIE HAS NEVER BEEN A DEMOCRAT. BERNIE WILLL NEVER BE A DEMOCRAT.

If you want to put forward the premise that the Democratic party favors DEMOCRATS....well.....duh!!!

Warren does not get much of the pushback that Bernie does, because she has already signaled that she will work with the Democrats in Congress to get stuff done.

Bernie will work with NO BODY....except the true believers.

So....no....there is no "endorsement" in the traditional and realistic meaning of that word.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don't lose sight of what "DNC" stands for....

DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don't get confused. Obama doesn't like Hillary one bit. He was forced, by the party, to find her a job in the cabinet. He gave her one of notoriety. One where she could go off, work it, and make a name for herself from it. She messed it up and made him look bad. Making him hate her even more. I'm quite sure that in retrospect he wished he never put her in that position. Obama isn't corporate. He may be elite. He is erudite. You cannot deny that. Hillary is the corporate one. She's Trump with a skirt.
    How do you know that?

And saying that Hilary is Trump with a skirt....is beyond idiotic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're an idiot.

No, he's not.

I have to defend jamze. Misguided from time to time, but not an "idiot".

8. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (01-26-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,442 Times in 4,501 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is some truth to that...like I have pointing out accurately for years....Hillary hatred was stronger than Trump hatred with the Bernie diehards.....but the similar thing will happen in 2020 from the Bernie Bro no matter who the nominee is.

The #1 criticism I have for Bernie and his supporters are their unrealistic and self defeating purity tests.
    That's the thing with the Bernie fanatics, they'll never vote for the other D. That's why I said early on that either Warren or Sanders needed to drop out on their own and endorse the other so the votes weren't cannibalized and then, maybe, just maybe they would have a shot at beating Biden for the nomination. And ultimately in attempting to defeat Trump in the general election.

The way it is now, the Bernie Bros will just out of spite not vote for Biden, either voting for Trump, writing Bernie in or just staying home. Which will then lead to another 4 years of Trump.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,427 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's the best you can come up with?!?!?
    Just a quick google search was all it took. I could probably find more but I really dont care. This entire board knows youll never cast blame on one of your favorites so its really not worth stressing over. Im not.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,427 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You're an idiot.
    I’m glad you used “you’re” properly! I would have been ticked off if you would have made a grammatical error during a personal attack. Kudos to you kid!
    Last edited by jamze132; 01-26-2020 at 08:17 AM.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-26-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,876 Times in 6,654 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No, he's not.

I have to defend jamze. Misguided from time to time, but not an "idiot".
    For posting that article, he is. As are you for most of you tunnel vision gibberish.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Thanked 9,876 Times in 6,654 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How do you know that?
    That has been well documented in the media over many years. Just shows, again, how you only pay attention to what you want to pay attention to.

And saying that Hilary is Trump with a skirt....is beyond idiotic.
    They are equally dishonest and self-serving. Not understanding that is idiotic. You fit that bill.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That has been well documented in the media over many years. Just shows, again, how you only pay attention to what you want to pay attention to.
    Maybe. That was a tired meme from 2008. After that race, President Obama, being the classy guy he is, let bygones be bygones, and selected Hillary for Sec. of State. No, he did not have to do that. Their relationship has changed over the years. And when I look for evidence NOW that they "don't like each other"....I get results like this...

Bitter Rivals To Allies: How President Obama Evolved On Hillary Clinton

"I've gotten to know Hillary really well," the president told Glenn Thrush on a Politico podcast. "She is a good, smart, tough person who cares deeply about this country."

That's what he says now.

The two were a lot less chummy in the winter of 2008, when they waged a bitter primary battle. Clinton shamed Obama, telling him to run a campaign consistent with his messages in public
    So, I asked how YOU know about thier relationship. And then you punt to the "been well documented in the media over many years". Well, prove it. It should be easy for you to provide some of that "well documented" stories. Let's see some!!

The truth is that you have no idea and are throwing out tired meme's that are out of date.

They are equally dishonest and self-serving. Not understanding that is idiotic. You fit that bill.
    A non-denial denial. Nice. You really can't argue very well, can you?

BTW...Hillary does not wear skirts, so as a factual matter, your statement is silly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Just a quick google search was all it took. I could probably find more but I really dont care. This entire board knows youll never cast blame on one of your favorites so its really not worth stressing over. Im not.
    When there is "blame" to be cast, I will do it no matter who it is.

Sorry, but President Obama is one of the most admirable men to ever hold the presidency....certainly for as long as I've been alive. You want to try and disparage him....you'll have to to better.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's the thing with the Bernie fanatics, they'll never vote for the other D. That's why I said early on that either Warren or Sanders needed to drop out on their own and endorse the other so the votes weren't cannibalized and then, maybe, just maybe they would have a shot at beating Biden for the nomination. And ultimately in attempting to defeat Trump in the general election.

The way it is now, the Bernie Bros will just out of spite not vote for Biden, either voting for Trump, writing Bernie in or just staying home. Which will then lead to another 4 years of Trump.
    Well....that's true to a certain extent, but not as much as you think. 2016 was relatively unique. About 10% of Bernie primary voters either voted for Trump or stayed home in the 2016 general election. Much of that was caused by Hillary hatred as much as Bernie love and disappointment.

Additionally, a degree of this phenomena happens after most contested primaries, although the rise of social media amplifies the whining more than in the past.

Biden is NOT Hillary. Not by a long shot. The right has waged a dedicated and vicious smear campaign against Hillary for three decades. That kind of constant barrage of bull**** eventually seeps in....and the GOP's calculation was that they only have to sway a percentage or two in a few states to turn the election.

EVERYONE KNOWS that the Benghazi and email bull**** was ALL about this premise. The email thing was a big fat pile of nothing!! Trump turned it into a cult.

There has not been a similar effort toward Biden. He has the good will of a majority of Americans, and older voters (that vote in the largest percentages) adore him.

THAT is what the whole Ukraine thing is about. Trump learned that just the presence of an "investigation" can be whipped up to create an air of doubt....and the past 30 years of the relentless (albeit false) smear campaign against Hillary that she's so dishonest and corrupt softened the landscape for the email crap.

It's important to recognize, that Trump was not concerned with an actual investigation of Biden by Ukraine....ALL HE WANTED was an ANNOUNCEMENT of an investigation.

And, even though all the **** he (and the GOP) is trying to conjure up about the Bidens is complete nonsense...the repeating and repeating and repeating of it serves Trumps needs.

I do not think it will work. And in the end, the disgruntled Bernie or Warren voters will not amount to nearly enough to counter the rage against TRUMP!!!

Trump is toast in 2020. All that's left is the yelling and screaming.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Right, because Bernie or Liz for that matter, do not have the ability to win a general election.

Bernie and Liz are too far left to even get everyone from their own party, well Bernie isn't a democrat to begin with but not the point, let alone the majority of Independents or any Republicans.

Which is why the DNC endorsed Hilary last time around and will endorse Biden this time around.
    You got it right the only caveat being can he last.
    Terms of Conduct & Service

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, dont take this ass whipping personally"

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You see it clearly.