Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready To Move On: David Axelrod Says Democrats Didnt Care About Impeachment

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ready To Move On: David Axelrod Says Democrats Didnt Care About Impeachment

https-::dailycaller.com:2020:01:24:david-axelrod-democrat-focus-group-impeachment-disinterested:

CNN analyst David Axelrod lamented Friday that voters don’t seem to care about the Trump impeachment trial, citing a tepid response he received on the topic in a focus group with Democrats.

“I was in a focus group this morning for the Institute of Politics at the University of Chicago with Chicago Democratic voters and it was chilling to hear them talk about this because impeachment didn’t even come up,” Axelrod, the chief strategist for former President Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns, told CNN’s Erin Burnett.
    Terms of Conduct & Service

In the words of the famous boxer, Jack Jenkins, dont take this ass whipping personally"

2. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (01-27-2020)

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ready To Move On: David Axelrod Says Democrats Didnt Care About Impeachment

I think Trump is being impeached for the wrong thing, but on the other hand, I am very interested in seeing how the senate conducts itself in the trial of a man who is clearly guilty of abusing power.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can't wait for the voting on the witnesses.
    If it ever gets to that point.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,272 Times in 9,717 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

These are voters that believe pro wrestling is real, and that Barack Obama was born in Kenya...

Thanks
    Thanked 18,010 Times in 10,130 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would imagine that the Republicans will wrap up the trial next week with either a final vote for removal on Friday, or if McConnell wants to try and screw Warren/Sanders up just before the Iowa caucus he may push it to Monday or Tuesday the week after.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,810 Times in 4,208 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So what???

Impeachment is the right thing to do. The Democrats take their oath of office seriously, and to NOT impeach would have been much, much worse, and would have turned into a negative to Democrats and Democratic leaning voters.

I'm proud of the Impeachment Managers and the committees that held the impeachment hearings. These people are true Patriots.

The danger is to let Trump's corrupt, despicable behavior unchallenged.

8. Post thanked by:

denverboz (01-26-2020),Historian (01-26-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,269 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    So what???

Impeachment is the right thing to do. The Democrats take their oath of office seriously, and to NOT impeach would have been much, much worse, and would have turned into a negative to Democrats and Democratic leaning voters.

I'm proud of the Impeachment Managers and the committees that held the impeachment hearings. These people are true Patriots.

The danger is to let Trump's corrupt, despicable behavior unchallenged.
    I agree that something needed to take place. I think, however, that impeachment is turning out to be a horribly flawed process. The problem is that politicians are finding themselves in a position of being prosecutors, judge and jury, and they are unable to act apart from their particular political perspective. If it were a trial and these guys were prospective jurors, there might not be a single one who could be placed in a jury. The evidence aside, it was essentially guaranteed that Trump would be impeached in the House, and since removal from the office of President requires a 2/3 majority in the Senate, it is a foregone conclusion that efforts to remove Trump will fall short. Looking on from the public's perspective, there will, of course be dyed in the wool Democrats, who perhaps rightly point at Republicans in the Senate and cry foul, because they voted party affiliation rather than looking honestly at the evidence. There will also be dyed in the wool Republicans who parrot Trump's contention that the whole thing was a partisan witch hunt. For myself, I think the end result of the whole mess is that it reveals impeachment as a process that needs to be completely revamped or replaced to somehow try to separate political persuasion from an examination of the evidence.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

10. Post thanked by:

Woodman (01-29-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I agree that something needed to take place. I think, however, that impeachment is turning out to be a horribly flawed process. The problem is that politicians are finding themselves in a position of being prosecutors, judge and jury, and they are unable to act apart from their particular political perspective. If it were a trial and these guys were prospective jurors, there might not be a single one who could be placed in a jury. The evidence aside, it was essentially guaranteed that Trump would be impeached in the House, and since removal from the office of President requires a 2/3 majority in the Senate, it is a foregone conclusion that efforts to remove Trump will fall short. Looking on from the public's perspective, there will, of course be dyed in the wool Democrats, who perhaps rightly point at Republicans in the Senate and cry foul, because they voted party affiliation rather than looking honestly at the evidence. There will also be dyed in the wool Republicans who parrot Trump's contention that the whole thing was a partisan witch hunt. For myself, I think the end result of the whole mess is that it reveals impeachment as a process that needs to be completely revamped or replaced to somehow try to separate political persuasion from an examination of the evidence.
    Sorry....the "process" is not a "horribly flawed process".....the GOP's REACTION and EXTREME BULL**** CULTISM is what is "horribly flawed".

Every single Congressional Republican has ignored....no....**** ON, their oath of office and respect for the rule of law and the Constitution.

It's appalling.

Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 Times in 3,299 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not ready to move on. Let the trial continue!

Patti

Thanks
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Where is the outrage over the house GOP and the solitary nay Demo?
    ITD not like we aren’t discussing a partisan issue here.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Patti
    We have to see it through to the end.
    It will help guide future impeachments.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I would imagine that the Republicans will wrap up the trial next week with either a final vote for removal on Friday, or if McConnell wants to try and screw Warren/Sanders up just before the Iowa caucus he may push it to Monday or Tuesday the week after.
    So many scenarios any real favorite.
    Hopefully sooner than later it will finally decided.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    So many scenarios any real favorite.
    Hopefully sooner than later it will finally decided.
    John Bolton just **** all over the Republicans plans.

Actually the white house employee that leaked his book did.

17. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-28-2020)

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    John Bolton just **** all over the Republicans plans.

Actually the white house employee that leaked his book did.
    What plans?

WH employee that leaked the transcript?

Avenatti food tester JackJoeJimJosh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,418 Times in 1,631 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The constitution was written with the Senate elected by State Houses, not by the people. So the dynamic has changed, where the Senators before such change were not subject to the political consequences that they now face.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Patti
    So you disagree with Ax .... so do I.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Sorry....the "process" is not a "horribly flawed process".....the GOP's REACTION and EXTREME BULL**** CULTISM is what is "horribly flawed".

Every single Congressional Republican has ignored....no....**** ON, their oath of office and respect for the rule of law and the Constitution.

It's appalling.
    Its politics. The republicans dont care about the truth and all they care about is maintaining control of the presidency and senate. The Democrats in DC only care about gaining the presidency and more seats. Both sides will say and do whatever to reach their party goals. Its all this is...politics.

22. Post thanked by:

TigerJ (01-30-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    It’s politics. The republicans don’t care about the truth and all they care about is maintaining control of the presidency and senate. The Democrats in DC only care about gaining the presidency and more seats. Both sides will say and do whatever to reach their party goals. It’s all this is...politics.
    It must be terrible to be so cynical.

Hall of Fame Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree that something needed to take place. I think, however, that impeachment is turning out to be a horribly flawed process. The problem is that politicians are finding themselves in a position of being prosecutors, judge and jury, and they are unable to act apart from their particular political perspective.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    It’s politics. The republicans don’t care about the truth and all they care about is maintaining control of the presidency and senate. The Democrats in DC only care about gaining the presidency and more seats. Both sides will say and do whatever to reach their party goals. It’s all this is...politics.
    Americans are getting ****ed and they're too fat and comfortable to do anything about it.

Politicians know it, That's why they do what they do, Americans will do nothing but stay home and complain.