Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1467

Thread: Spin Zone announcement

  1. #1
    Zero for Zero!
    Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Parts Unknown, Weight Unknown
    Posts
    64,613
    Thanks
    12,134
    Thanked 14,862 Times in 7,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    273

    Spin Zone announcement

    After much consideration, we are closing the Spin Zone temporarily. It will re-open on a future date

    There are a number of factors that led to this decision. Primarily people are fully incapable of acting like adults and pretending that there can be any type of discussion without resorting to be infants, in addition to people thinking that their posts that are completely devoid of any facts are worthy of any kind of reasonable discussion it is time to give this area a break. The discussions and rancor has also spilled over into other forums, which is far less than desirable.

    The forum is not going away permanently. Rather it is a warning that these forums is still supposed to be primarily about the Bills and Buffalo sports and that the Spin Zone, while an area that when it is at its full potential is a valuable area, is not our main focus

    During this time, do not try to skirt the elimination of the forum. Threads that are intended to circumvent the lack of a Spin Zone will be closed and users can be forced into a break.

    The Spin Zone has a rich history. Somewhere along the way, it has devolved into a giant pissing contest with egos and immaturity and ignorance reigning supreme. Hopefully after a short break, it can come back and be once again a place wgere ideas are exchanged and debated.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 02-04-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

  2. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (02-04-2020),coastal (02-05-2020),DetDannyWilliams (02-04-2020),DraftBoy (02-04-2020),JATMtheJATM (02-04-2020),Mace (02-07-2020),Novacane (02-04-2020),Tailgunner Joe (02-04-2020),ticatfan (02-04-2020),Woodman (02-04-2020)

  3. #2
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,759
    Thanks
    16,016
    Thanked 10,007 Times in 5,867 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    49

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Good... like the politics of this country... there aren’t two rational sides to the current politics.

    Let it burn.

  4. Post thanked by:

    ublinkwescore (02-05-2020)

  5. #3
    Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl.
    Posts
    22,283
    Thanks
    15,644
    Thanked 8,017 Times in 5,596 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    56

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Should we start that puppy vs kitty thread now??
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

  6. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (02-05-2020)

  7. #4
    Registered User Novacane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,554
    Thanks
    8,500
    Thanked 7,321 Times in 4,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    95

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    I was wondering WTF did I do to get banned from there.

  8. Post thanked by:

    Dr. Lecter (02-04-2020),Haile SpikedLemonade (02-05-2020)

  9. #5
    Registered User TigerJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gates, NY
    Posts
    20,231
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    79

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    OK
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

    I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

  10. Post thanked by:

    coastal (02-05-2020)

  11. #6
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    23,389
    Thanks
    3,498
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    82

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Boooooo

  12. #7
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    28,251
    Thanks
    1,936
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    74

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    You're going to lose posters over this change, and perhaps donors.

    It's a bold move Cotton, let's see if pays off.

  13. #8
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    23,389
    Thanks
    3,498
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    82

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    You're going to lose posters over this change, and perhaps donors.

    It's a bold move Cotton, let's see if pays off.
    True story. I used to donate religiously but haven’t in a few years. I was actually thinking to myself that it’s time I restart the donations. Once the SZ is back, I’ll more than likely resume. But this is just a coincidence in time...

  14. #9
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    28,251
    Thanks
    1,936
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    74

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    True story. I used to donate religiously but haven’t in a few years. I was actually thinking to myself that it’s time I restart the donations. Once the SZ is back, I’ll more than likely resume. But this is just a coincidence in time...
    There's posters here who either just use the spin zone or mainly use the spin zone.

    Those posters now will have little or no reason to log in anymore let alone donate, then depending on how long it's gone, those people may just move on to other things and just never log back in.

    That forum is a cesspool no doubt, however closing it down for an indefinite period of time is a poor decision.

  15. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (02-05-2020)

  16. #10
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,879
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 4,769 Times in 3,060 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Trying to sanitize the internet so your feelings don't get hurt is a futile effort.

    It's the readers that have the problem not the posters.

    If anyone here is that emotionally disturbed over an internet forum, PM me, I'll pay for a few sessions with the psychiatrist of your choice.

  17. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (02-04-2020),jamze132 (02-05-2020),notacon (02-05-2020),ticatfan (02-05-2020),ublinkwescore (02-05-2020)

  18. #11
    Registered User Novacane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,554
    Thanks
    8,500
    Thanked 7,321 Times in 4,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    95

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    I feel bad for notacon. No more rolling on the floor laughing.

  19. Post thanked by:

    justasportsfan (02-05-2020)

  20. #12
    Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    41,838
    Thanks
    9,844
    Thanked 20,368 Times in 12,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    108

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    After much consideration, we are closing the Spin Zone temporarily. It will re-open on a future date

    There are a number of factors that led to this decision. Primarily people are fully incapable of acting like adults and pretending that there can be any type of discussion without resorting to be infants, in addition to people thinking that their posts that are completely devoid of any facts are worthy of any kind of reasonable discussion it is time to give this area a break. The discussions and rancor has also spilled over into other forums, which is far less than desirable.

    The forum is not going away permanently. Rather it is a warning that these forums is still supposed to be primarily about the Bills and Buffalo sports and that the Spin Zone, while an area that when it is at its full potential is a valuable area, is not our main focus

    During this time, do not try to skirt the elimination of the forum. Threads that are intended to circumvent the lack of a Spin Zone will be closed and users can be forced into a break.

    The Spin Zone has a rich history. Somewhere along the way, it has devolved into a giant pissing contest with egos and immaturity and ignorance reigning supreme. Hopefully after a short break, it can come back and be once again a place wgere ideas are exchanged and debated.
    Why is everyone being made to pay for the bad behavior of a few?

    Or are you trying to push the idea that everyone was responsible for the bad behavior that led to this decision?

    Yes, there indeed are some members that seemingly can't help themselves from personally insulting everyone that disagrees with them, but why should we ALL be punished because the mods are too chicken**** to deal with the REAL transgressors?

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

    Collective punishment is a form of retaliation whereby a suspected perpetrator's family members, friends, acquaintances, sect, neighbors or entire ethnic group is targeted. The punished group may often have no direct association with the other individuals or groups, or direct control over their actions. In times of war and armed conflict, collective punishment has resulted in atrocities, and is a violation of the laws of war and the Geneva Conventions.[1] Historically, occupying powers have used collective punishment to retaliate against and deter attacks on their forces by Resistance movements (such as destroying entire towns and villages which were believed to have harboured or aided such resistance movements).

  21. Post thanked by:

    Mr. Pink (02-07-2020),TacklingDummy (02-05-2020),Tailgunner Joe (02-05-2020),ublinkwescore (02-05-2020)

  22. #13
    Registered User feldspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11,448
    Thanks
    2,246
    Thanked 6,724 Times in 3,920 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    Why is everyone being made to pay for the bad behavior of a few?

    Or are you trying to push the idea that everyone was responsible for the bad behavior that led to this decision?

    Yes, there indeed are some members that seemingly can't help themselves from personally insulting everyone that disagrees with them, but why should we ALL be punished because the mods are too chicken**** to deal with the REAL transgressors?

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

    Collective punishment is a form of retaliation whereby a suspected perpetrator's family members, friends, acquaintances, sect, neighbors or entire ethnic group is targeted. The punished group may often have no direct association with the other individuals or groups, or direct control over their actions. In times of war and armed conflict, collective punishment has resulted in atrocities, and is a violation of the laws of war and the Geneva Conventions.[1] Historically, occupying powers have used collective punishment to retaliate against and deter attacks on their forces by Resistance movements (such as destroying entire towns and villages which were believed to have harboured or aided such resistance movements).
    I know, it's real tough to be the innocent victim of collateral damage, eh? So unfair...the chagrin of it all.

    Looks like you'll have to discover a different avenue to express your endless disdain for all things American for a while there, Champ. Need to fill that empty hole somehow, I figure. Good luck with that.

  23. Post thanked by:

    coastal (02-05-2020)

  24. #14
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    23,389
    Thanks
    3,498
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    82

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    I love reading and posting in the SZ, especially when there isnít a whole lot going on in the BZ. Even though we won 10 games this year, it just had a different feel in there...

  25. #15
    Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    41,838
    Thanks
    9,844
    Thanked 20,368 Times in 12,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    108

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I know, it's real tough to be the innocent victim of collateral damage, eh? So unfair...the chagrin of it all.

    Looks like you'll have to discover a different avenue to express your endless disdain for all things American for a while there, Champ. Need to fill that empty hole somehow, I figure. Good luck with that.
    Case in point.

    My purported "endless disdain for all things American" deserves a sneering personal insult.

    Now, I can deal with crap like this if the mods won't do anything, but don't blame me for taking out the trash if have to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I know, it's real tough to be the innocent victim of collateral damage, eh? So unfair...the chagrin of it all.

    Looks like you'll have to discover a different avenue to express your endless disdain for all things American for a while there, Champ. Need to fill that empty hole somehow, I figure. Good luck with that.
    Case in point.

    My purported "endless disdain for all things American" deserves a sneering personal insult.

    Now, I can deal with crap like this if the mods won't do anything, but don't blame me for taking out the trash if have to.

  26. #16
    RABBI Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    27,931
    Thanks
    32,889
    Thanked 11,850 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    67

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    So it is get Andy Dalton or bust?

  27. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16,547
    Thanks
    10,353
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    44

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I feel bad for notacon. No more rolling on the floor laughing.


    One more for old times sake.

  28. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (02-05-2020)

  29. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16,547
    Thanks
    10,353
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    44

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    What a cowardly decision.

  30. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (02-05-2020),Tailgunner Joe (02-05-2020),ublinkwescore (02-05-2020)

  31. #19
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    24,112
    Thanks
    4,112
    Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    Lol. Look at me and the commies actually agreeing on some thing???!!!

  32. #20
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    24,112
    Thanks
    4,112
    Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Spin Zone announcement

    So I can't help but wonder, did my Lewis Spears post about the Australian Socialist Action or what ever they call themselves have anything to do with this?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •