Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSN Could Eichel eventually want out of Buffalo if things donít improve?

Victimizing The Victimizer
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 Times in 3,060 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

TSN Could Eichel eventually want out of Buffalo if things donít improve?

This has to piss off the Sabres front office just having TSN talking about this.

It is a real possibility, would not be the first star to do it.

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,321 Times in 4,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: TSN Could Eichel eventually want out of Buffalo if things donít improve?

I expect it. He's a super star and they can't put a team around him. Give it another year or two and he's going to want out.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Then Buffalo will be doomed to staying PERMANENTLY in the NHL's basement.

The same can be said of Edmonton's Connor McDavid wanting out of Oil Country if the Oilers don't improve.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

"I will tell anybody who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drum, and it's real simple: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

Thanks
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seriously, wtf is going on in Buffalo?

When you look at the 9 year playoff drought (assuming they don't make it this year, which they won't), it's amazing how many teams were consistently good through that whole span and how many teams improved significantly while Buffalo mired between below average and straight up bad.

If you look at a franchise, like, say, the Washington Redskins, it's easy to see why they're bad. The owner has an ego and he meddles and he won't let football people run the team, and he's created a situation where people don't want to be there.

With the Sabres, I feel like Pegula meddled when he first bought the team but learned his lesson and backed off. There's no obvious issue. It's like they're trying to do things right but they're just so incompetent that they can't.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,128 Times in 8,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wouldnt blame him. It would be another shift though. Build around dahlin. But come on.

I hope he does. I hope he goes to Terry and says this is bull**** and Terry goes, hold on, lemme try something and hes forced to improve

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Winners never run.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Winners never run.
    what does that even mean? How can he be expected to be a winner in such a garbage situation? He can't do it all himself.

9. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 4,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Could said about any good player on a bad team.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

11. Post thanked by:

Woodman (02-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    what does that even mean? How can he be expected to be a winner in such a garbage situation? He can't do it all himself.
    He's wants to be part of the turnaround imo.

He already is a winner the situation is not.

He's the type player imo that wants to be part of the solution.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Could be said about any good player on a bad team.
    Bingo Bango Bongo!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    He's wants to be part of the turnaround imo.

He already is a winner the situation is not.

He's the type player imo that wants to be part of the solution.
    I think that's the problem though. At what point does he say "I want to be part of the solution but I can't do it myself and I'm not getting the help I need- this is impossible" and want out? He's not going to want to spend what's probably going to be a great career languishing on an awful team that can't make the playoffs. If we don't turn it around, sooner or later he's going to want to go somewhere where there's a chance to win.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The thing is if he were a true superstar, he'd be raising the level of play of those around him. That's what superstars do. He doesn't do that. He's a good player but not elite. And there's still times where he's selfish or lazy with his play.

To me, as an outsider looking in on your organization, he's part of the problem not the solution.

That doesn't mean just dump him but there should be a serious look around the league to see if you can get value for him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The thing is if he were a true superstar, he'd be raising the level of play of those around him. That's what superstars do. He doesn't do that. He's a good player but not elite. And there's still times where he's selfish or lazy with his play.
    I disagree. Both Reinhardt and Skinner are noticeably better when Eichel is on the ice with them, and I doubt Olafsson would have been racking up PP goals before his injury if it wasn't for Eichel.

17. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (02-06-2020),Novacane (02-06-2020)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To me, as an outsider looking in on your organization, he's part of the problem not the solution.

That doesn't mean just dump him but there should be a serious look around the league to see if you can get value for him.
    I would argue that he made Skinner a lot of money.

Even if he wants a trade, he is under contract with like 6 years left. It is as close to unmovable of a contract that you will see. Teams that would want him to get over the top don't have 10M in cap space and teams that would want to build around him, don't often give up futures or picks when trying to rebuild. I think you are stuck with him for at least a few more years even if he wanted to be moved. Last thing you can afford is to take pennies on the dollar like the O'Reilly trade.

19. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I disagree. Both Reinhardt and Skinner are noticeably better when Eichel is on the ice with them, and I doubt Olafsson would have been racking up PP goals before his injury if it wasn't for Eichel.
    Fair point.

I just mean it's not translating into dominant play on the ice from his line that turns into Ws.

21. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (02-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eichel is part of the problem? That is such crap. Look what Skinner did when playing with Eichel last year. Career year. Jack got him a big fat contract. They took Eichel away from Skinner and he sucked. Eichel was raising Oloffson's level of play before he got hurt. To say he does not lift the level of those he plays with is ridiculous. Do you expect him to raise the level of players he's not on the ice with? They are a group of slugs. This isn't football where a great QB can make average OL or WR look good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You covered my point lol. I should of just kept scrolling before responding,

24. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (02-10-2020)

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,128 Times in 8,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fair point.

I just mean it's not translating into dominant play on the ice from his line that turns into Ws.
    Hockey is a sport where your best forward might play 15 to 18 minutes a game. Hes not mcdavid, but hes a step back. And it's a high tier

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Eichel is part of the problem? That is such crap. Look what Skinner did when playing with Eichel last year. Career year. Jack got him a big fat contract. They took Eichel away from Skinner and he sucked. Eichel was raising Oloffson's level of play before he got hurt. To say he does not lift the level of those he plays with is ridiculous. Do you expect him to raise the level of players he's not on the ice with? They are a group of slugs. This isn't football where a great QB can make average OL or WR look good.

He's statistically having his best season in the NHL and is still a career - 54 player.

How is being a minus player elevating the play of the people on the ice around you?

If you elevated the play of your teammates, you'd generate far more scoring chances for your offense giving less chances for your defense and goalie to get burned.

Jack doesn't do any of that. He gets lazy. He tries to skate through entire teams to be flashy. He complains to the press. And the real problem is that's your organizations cornerstone piece. What kind of example are you setting to your organization when the face of your organization does that?

He's pretty immovable though because his contract is asinine.

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,669 Times in 6,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Eichel is a superior player, if he does this well on a junk team, imagine what he'd do elsewhere.

He can't carry the team though, he's years in, and for some unimaginable reason, still by himself no matter what he does and how hard he tries, and it has to be getting old .

Skinner scores 40 goals and soccer guy takes him off his line. Reinhart for some reason still doesn't have his own line with some potential, I mean you draft a guy that high you're not looking for a career 20 something goal scorer on a wing. You have a theoretical franchise defenseman no one is willing to protect and an excellent goalie in the pipeline with Pekka-Luukkonen the team might not play for like they won't for Hutton.

I don't blame Eichel for getting tired of this if he does.

Like the rest of them, what's the point of effort and career when no one else is taking it serious.
    Last edited by Mace; 02-07-2020 at 02:25 AM.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

28. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-07-2020)