Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could the Bills Draft a Defensive Back in the 1st Round?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,999 Times in 4,339 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Could the Bills Draft a Defensive Back in the 1st Round?

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Uhhh yeah. Cuz in the games we won, the TOP was good. In the games we lost, it's because the O wasn't sustaining drives or scoring. Over the course of the season, it averages out to be exactly average. When we lost, it was why we lost.

You really don't understand data.
    Please. The data refutes what you say, and because of that, I have the problem “understanding” the data?!?!?

Talk about self-serving bull crap!!

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,501 Times in 2,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I expect the Bills to draft a CB in the 1st round.
    Draft a franchise QB that X-Era would be proud to put in his user name for the next 13 years.

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I expect the Bills to draft a CB in the 1st round.
    Are you crazy?!?!?

Wait, the new Bills, the old Bills, or the Bills?
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    The coverage sacks have not the same impact in the final result of most games, what I this is most important is a mismatch play from a DE or DT in my opinion. There is always a good Wr, TE or Rb that bails out a Qb with quick release, but if your line overmatch their line, bad things man, bad things.
    Yeah - look at those clutch catches Deandre Hopkins pulled down over Tre White late in the playoff loss to Houston. Give a good QB/WR pairing enough time and they'll find a way against even the best secondary talent.

We're going to know a lot more about our DL needs once we get Shaq/Phillips sorted out, but with one or both probably leaving, Jerry Hughes entering social security and Trent Murphy unreliable, I'm more concerned about pass pressure than adding to the mix at #2 CB. Seems like something we can address in FA or mid-rounds
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

5. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-12-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,773 Times in 9,390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Please. The data refutes what you say, and because of that, I have the problem “understanding” the data?!?!?

The data support what I say. You just don’t understand it. This is literally what I do for a living. Lots of things get hidden in averages.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We were not a defense away from winning a playoff game. We were an offense away. It has to start here. I don't really care the position.
    via GIPHY

I'm a star chess player, and my beard's straight pimpin' - https://youtube.com/watch?v=lMZgxwu0YwQ&hd=1

8. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (02-13-2020),The last buffalo fan (02-12-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW, numbers are not bullcrap. Say a team had 8 games where their TOP was exactly 40:00 and 8 games where their TOP was only 20:00. It would average out to 30:00, just :02 less than the Bills. Would you consider a team that gave up 40:00 TOP in 8 games to be controlling the ball well? I certainly wouldn't. This actually happened to the Bills: they had 36:59 TOP against the Bengals (the worst team in the league), but less than 22:00 in one of the games against the Pats. It averages out to a decent TOP but a great performance against a bad team masks a horrendous performance against a great team.

Second, the 30:02 number you cited counts the playoff game, which went into OT and counted for 35:15. The regular season average was 28:48 and in the 6 losses it was a mere 26:59.

So, yeah, the numbers support exactly what I'm saying. You pulled some Patti-level confirmation bias: you saw a number that you liked and shut your brain down without thinking about what it really means.

10. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For the record:

Wins
    Jets 27:59:00
    Giants 32:38:00
    Bengals 36:54:00
    Titans 31:12:00
    Dolphins 26:29:00
    Redskins 31:47:00
    Dolphins 30:09:00
    Broncos 35:04:00
    Cowboys 33:18:00
    Steelers 32:20:00
    AVERAGE 31:47:00

Losses
    Patriots 32:40:00
    Eagles 24:03:00
    Browns 28:14:00
    Ravens 27:11:00
    Patriots 21:08:00
    Jets 28:39:00
    AVERAGE 26:59:00

AVERAGE both wins and losses reg season 29:48:00
    Titans Loss 35:15:00, AVERAGE w/Titans game 30:06:00
    Last edited by OpIv37; 02-12-2020 at 08:47 PM.

12. Post thanked by:

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,413 Times in 12,526 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BPA by how much though? The D was fine last season and they would have been even better if the O could have sustained drives. WR and OL are the far bigger needs.

I mean, if we come up at 22 and there's a CB still on the board that they ranked #15 and there was a run on WR's and the best one available is a guy they had with a mid- 2nd round grade, I could see going CB but that's an unlikely scenario. I'd rather see them do something to help the O with the best pick, even if it's a slight reach.
    Considering the hype about the WR class this year, if there is an early run that actually could be a very likely scenario.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Should the Buffalo Bills replace one former Alabama corner with another

Trevon Diggs is a 6’2” 207-lb corner who played all four years at the University of Alabama. He, however, elected to forego the Senior Bowl despite being invited. Diggs was listed as a wide receiver prospect out of high school who transitioned into playing corner partway through his freshman year. He is the younger brother of star Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs.

Scouting Report: What makes him stand out as a prospect?

Size: Diggs is a big, long prospect for the position. He has long arms to be able to jam wide receivers in press coverage and reach across receivers’ bodies to knock balls away. He has exactly the kind of size teams covet when looking for the “prototype” in a prospect.

Athleticism: Diggs is a better athlete than you would expect for what his size is. His hips are better than anticipated, making him more of a fluid athlete than what his size may indicate about him; he does come off a little bit stiff at times but that may be due to missteps in his pedal and lack of positional experience. His ability to run with receivers allows him to be an asset in man coverage and he fully utilizes his superior length for zone coverage.

https-::www.buffalorumblings.com:2020:2:12:21133468:2020-nfl-draft-should-the-buffalo-bills-replace-one-former-alabama-corner-with-another

Viruses are not living things. Viruses are complicated assemblies of molecules, including proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates, but on their own they can donothing until they enter a living cell. Without cells, viruses would not be able to multiply. Therefore, viruses are not living things.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW, numbers are not bullcrap. Say a team had 8 games where their TOP was exactly 40:00 and 8 games where their TOP was only 20:00. It would average out to 30:00, just :02 less than the Bills. Would you consider a team that gave up 40:00 TOP in 8 games to be controlling the ball well? I certainly wouldn't. This actually happened to the Bills: they had 36:59 TOP against the Bengals (the worst team in the league), but less than 22:00 in one of the games against the Pats. It averages out to a decent TOP but a great performance against a bad team masks a horrendous performance against a great team.

Second, the 30:02 number you cited counts the playoff game, which went into OT and counted for 35:15. The regular season average was 28:48 and in the 6 losses it was a mere 26:59.

So, yeah, the numbers support exactly what I'm saying. You pulled some Patti-level confirmation bias: you saw a number that you liked and shut your brain down without thinking about what it really means.
    Blah...blah...blah... You really do hate the Bills, don't you?

You really should get another team to **** on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW...OF COURSE the Bills had better TOP than loses. Except when they don't. This started when you made your usual general comment and cherry picked observation meant to do one thing...**** ON THE BILLS!!!

You talk like a fan of any other team hoping to marginalize and crap on an opposing team.

Nice work!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,735 Times in 4,941 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Doubt DB and WR. They have numbers.

OL and DL is so much harder to find.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

18. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (02-13-2020),The last buffalo fan (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Blah...blah...blah... You really do hate the Bills, don't you?

You really should get another team to **** on.
    I gave you actual numbers- real facts that 100% proved me correct beyond any semblance of a doubt, and you still accuse me of ****ting on the team. Reality is what it is whether you like it or not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I gave you actual numbers- real facts that 100% proved me correct beyond any semblance of a doubt, and you still accuse me of ****ting on the team. Reality is what it is whether you like it or not.
    Jesus. You are so blind with ****ting on the Bills that you can't see anything except your own hubris.

Yes, TOP does usually presage success. And the average TOP that I linked to does indeed support that premise. Nice of the 2019 playoff teams were in the top half of average TOP....including the Bills.

The Bills were just outside the top 10 in TOP by 30 seconds per game.

What this DOES show (along with all kinds of facts and "reality") is that the Bills are indeed one of the top 10 teams in the NFL....something that you desperately want to deny and ignore.

Simply out, you are more interested in ****ting on the Bills and denying them their due as one of the top 10 teams in the NFL. Period.

A majority of your posts prove that without any doubt. So...**** away. Does not mean you are not going to be challenged or called out for the Bills hater you are. I read your posts and by the content, I think I'm reading posts from another team's fan, crapping all over the Bills.

Congrats. You have succeeded in projecting your persona. I hope it make you proud.

As a real Bills fan...I think it's repugnant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus. You are so blind with ****ting on the Bills that you can't see anything except your own hubris.

Yes, TOP does usually presage success. And the average TOP that I linked to does indeed support that premise. Nice of the 2019 playoff teams were in the top half of average TOP....including the Bills.

The Bills were just outside the top 10
    in TOP by 30 seconds per game.

What this DOES show (along with all kinds of facts and "reality") is that the Bills are indeed one of the top 10 teams in the NFL....something that you desperately want to deny and ignore.

Simply out, you are more interested in ****ting on the Bills and denying them their due as one of the top 10 teams in the NFL. Period.

A majority of your posts prove that without any doubt. So...**** away. Does not mean you are not going to be challenged or called out for the Bills hater you are. I read your posts and by the content, I think I'm reading posts from another team's fan, crapping all over the Bills.

Congrats. You have succeeded in projecting your persona. I hope it make you proud.

As a real Bills fan...I think it's repugnant.
    What? You use a number that shows the Bills are outside the top 10 in the NFL to try to prove your false assertion that the Bills are one of the top 10 teams in the NFL.

I'm giving you actual numbers- in the regular season, on average we lost the TOP battle and a couple of really good performances against awful teams bumped the TOP average up and it masks how bad the Bills really were in this category. And it shows what I've asserted all along: we still struggle against the teams that are actually good.

As a real Bills fan, I think it's repugnant that you have to bury your head in the sand and pretend the team is better than it is to support them. I suspect you wouldn't be a fan if you were capable of seeing reality.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What? You use a number that shows the Bills are outside the top 10 in the NFL to try to prove your false assertion that the Bills are one of the top 10 teams in the NFL.

I'm giving you actual numbers- in the regular season, on average we lost the TOP battle and a couple of really good performances against awful teams bumped the TOP average up and it masks how bad the Bills really were in this category. And it shows what I've asserted all along: we still struggle against the teams that are actually good.

As a real Bills fan, I think it's repugnant that you have to bury your head in the sand and pretend the team is better than it is to support them. I suspect you wouldn't be a fan if you were capable of seeing reality.
    Can you read? Seriously??? I pretty plainly said that the Bills were 30 sec off TOP out of the top ten. As it is, they are in the top half of the league in TOP. You bold what I said, but leave out the qualifier directly before it..."(along with all kinds of facts and "reality")"

You have a penchant of misrepresenting what I write....even when it's fairly obvious. In other words...READ WHAT THE **** I WRITE, AND NOT WHAT YOU DISHONESTLY SAY I WRITE!!!

BTW...

The SB champions KC were #19 in average TOP. Ten, the losers in the AFC championship were #27.....even with their reliance on the run game. So what???

Does this mean that the Bills are better than KC or TEN??? Of course not.

Additionally I said that this metric was ONE OF MANY that show the Bills ARE INDEED a top 10 team in the NFL. The BIGGEST EVIDENCE OF THAT is their REGULAR SEASON RECORD.....you know, why the ****ing teams play for...WINS!!!!

What is repugnant to me, and most of the posters here (except they have almost all given up on you because of your obvious entrenched Bills hatred) is that YOU are INCAPABLE of SEEING REALITY....and instead, view the Bills like a fan of a opposing team.

Your every post proves that premise to be 100% accurate.
    Last edited by notacon; 02-13-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,322 Times in 4,882 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The coverage sacks have not the same impact in the final result of most games, what I this is most important is a mismatch play from a DE or DT in my opinion. There is always a good Wr, TE or Rb that bails out a Qb with quick release, but if your line overmatch their line, bad things man, bad things.
    agreed. But a quick release actually gives a DL problems. Having a db group can force the qb to continuously hold on to the ball longer than needed helps. With a db group that can lock down receivers, we can also blitz more.

Our D was awesome. What it lacked was an aggressive /attacking defense that didn't score much. I want guys like Brady to hold on to the ball longer so we can beat the crap out of him.
    We created turnovers vs. the texans because our backfield forced the texans qb to hold on the the ball which allowed Murphy to get to him and cause fumbles.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-13-2020 at 11:32 AM.

24. Post thanked by:

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    agreed. But a quick release actually gives a DL problems. Having a db group can force the qb to continuously hold on to the ball longer than needed helps. With a db group that can lock down receivers, we can also blitz more.

Our D was awesome. What it lacked was an aggressive /attacking defense that didn't score much. I want guys like Brady to hold on to the ball longer so we can beat the crap out of him.
    We created turnovers vs. the texans because our backfield forced the texans qb to hold on the the ball which allowed Murphy to get to him and cause fumbles.
    I agree with you, Nenita.

That's is why I would hate to pick a CB on this year draft, over a DE, DT or LB, with our first pick.

My personal wish is first O (WR, TE or T), but if we go D, then what I just mentioned.

26. Post thanked by:

Woodman (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,322 Times in 4,882 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with you, Nenita.

That's is why I would hate to pick a CB on this year draft, over a DE, DT or LB, with our first pick.

My personal wish is first O (WR, TE or T), but if we go D, then what I just mentioned.
    Im just saying if BPA is a cb when we pick , then I would love to have 2 Tre Whites on the team. They dont grow on trees keeping KC and Mahomes in mind .

28. Post thanked by: