Thread: Quarterback Chaos Could Be Coming

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quarterback Chaos Could Be Coming

Chaos is very good for this specific business. And quarterback chaos could be coming, very soon.

The 2020 offseason could consist of unprecedented movement when it comes quarterbacks, with a chain reaction of dominoes driven by where and how quickly the biggest rectangular double-squares land.

The biggest domino continues to be Tom Brady. Even as some of the smaller dominoes begin to fall (Eli Manningretires, Philip Rivers leaves the Chargers), Brady will influence the market more than anyone else, arguably in the history of free agency.

And teams will need to know whether they’re in play for Brady. If not, they’ll need to move on to other options, including the likes of Ryan Tannehill, Marcus Mariota, Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater, and/or Jameis Winston.

The franchise tag will keep Dak Prescott off the open market, but if the Cowboys make a run at Brady (and get him), Prescott would be in play, via tag and trade. Other quarterbacks who are under contract for 2020 but who could be in play include Josh Rosen, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, and Cam Newton.

http-::profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:2020:02:11:quarterback-chaos-could-be-coming:

It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Quarterback Chaos Could Be Coming

Does Dak Prescott think he’s worth $40 million per year?

http-::profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:2020:02:11:does-dak-prescott-think-hes-worth-40-million-per-year:

In September, Dak Prescott reportedly turned down a contract that would have paid him roughly $33 million annually. The Cowboys quarterback wanted more.

The Cowboys obviously want to get a deal done sooner than later, hoping to avoid having to use the franchise tag. But the sides have talked for a year already with no agreement.

“Yeah, I mean, I’m wondering the same thing,” Prescott said when Martin asked him when he will get paid. “Y’all know just as much as me. Love when that day comes. But I have confidence in my agency, my agents, my team. I’ve got confidence in the Cowboys. Something will get done.”

Thanks
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

Does Dak Prescott think he’s worth $40 million per year?

http-::profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:2020:02:11:does-dak-prescott-think-hes-worth-40-million-per-year:

In September, Dak Prescott reportedly turned down a contract that would have paid him roughly $33 million annually. The Cowboys quarterback wanted more.

The Cowboys obviously want to get a deal done sooner than later, hoping to avoid having to use the franchise tag. But the sides have talked for a year already with no agreement.

“Yeah, I mean, I’m wondering the same thing,” Prescott said when Martin asked him when he will get paid. “Y’all know just as much as me. Love when that day comes. But I have confidence in my agency, my agents, my team. I’ve got confidence in the Cowboys. Something will get done.”
    I don't get this. $7 million is a lot to a regular person, but what does $40 million get him that $33 million won't? It all comes down to greed and ego.

4. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-12-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 4,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

QB salaries are killing teams.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    It's almost getting to a point where if you don't win a SB on your QB's rookie contract, you aren't going to win one because a star QB eats up so much cap that you can't get players in place around him.

7. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-13-2020),Night Train (02-12-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I don't get this. $7 million is a lot to a regular person, but what does $40 million get him that $33 million won't? It all comes down to greed and ego.
    If they pay him he's gonna be the most surprised person on the planet.

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,225 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick were talking about this a few days ago... without looking anything up - they basically said that Dallas should pay him because they got him for so cheap for the first contract. The average of the two contracts would would be "deal" for Dallas.
    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I guess it's whatever the market will bear.
    I just don't see 40 Million Dollars worth.
    Dallas has weapons but they didn't have enough to make the playoffs.
    Dak is their leader doesn't add up for me.

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,291 Times in 12,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Throw Stafford in there too.

QB salaries are so out of hand...I'm keeping an eye on Harbaugh/Jackson/Baltimore...I still think the team is taking a unique approach, without coming right out and saying it.

Draft an athlete...build an offense around him...use him up during his rookie contract and see how far you can get. Then spit him out and draft another one.

Maybe they learned their lesson with Flacco, and if the new business model produces a trophy or two 'franchise QB' could become a thing of the past (at least as far as contract values are concerned). Just like RBs.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

12. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-13-2020),Woodman (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    One way to solve that Draft one every year give them 3 to prove themselves pay the one that does.

It'll take probably 20 years is the only drawback lol.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Throw Stafford in there too.

QB salaries are so out of hand...I'm keeping an eye on Harbaugh/Jackson/Baltimore...I still think the team is taking a unique approach, without coming right out and saying it.

Draft an athlete...build an offense around him...use him up during his rookie contract and see how far you can get. Then spit him out and draft another one.

Maybe they learned their lesson with Flacco, and if the new business model produces a trophy or two 'franchise QB' could become a thing of the past (at least as far as contract values are concerned). Just like RBs.
    Flacco had some success but it was always their defense.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Flacco had some success but it was always their defense.
    Just a bit.

"During the team's Super Bowl XLVII run after the 2012 season, Flacco completed 73 of 126 passes for 1,140 yards, 11 touchdowns and no interceptions, producing a 117.2 passer rating — the highest ever for a postseason since 1970, the year the AFL and NFL merged."
    via GIPHY

I'm a star chess player, and my beard's straight pimpin' - https://youtube.com/watch?v=lMZgxwu0YwQ&hd=1

16. Post thanked by:

Woodman (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick were talking about this a few days ago... without looking anything up - they basically said that Dallas should pay him because they got him for so cheap for the first contract. The average of the two contracts would would be "deal" for Dallas.
    That's strange logic.

Say I go to the store to buy an item that costs $100 but it's 50% off so I get it for $50. I decide to go back and get a second one, but the half off deal is over and they raised the price by 30% so now it's $130.

I'm not going to feel like I got a deal because I still got 2 for $180 which was less than the original price. I'm going to feel ripped off that I now have to pay $130 for something that only cost me $50 the first time.

18. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-14-2020),Woodman (02-14-2020)

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,225 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's strange logic.

Say I go to the store to buy an item that costs $100 but it's 50% off so I get it for $50. I decide to go back and get a second one, but the half off deal is over and they raised the price by 30% so now it's $130.

I'm not going to feel like I got a deal because I still got 2 for $180 which was less than the original price. I'm going to feel ripped off that I now have to pay $130 for something that only cost me $50 the first time.
    Yeah... I thought it was a strange kind of logic, and was surprised to here it on two different talk shows.