Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mocking The Bills: Brandon Beane Gets His Man

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,475 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mocking The Bills: Brandon Beane Gets His Man

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    He made a ton of long passes this past year that were widely off the mark. It left a lot of the fans longing for JP Losman (at least he connected on some of those). John Brown is as much speed as your ever going to get. You can get taller, stronger but not faster. So a new shiny WR isn't going to help the passing game all that much.
    More targets to miss.
    I’d rather have a DE, LB, or CB.
    Draft a franchise QB that X-Era would be proud to put in his user name for the next 13 years.

2. Post thanked by:

Swiper (02-16-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There does not seem any reason to move up to draft a WR. There are so many good ones the Bills can certainly snag one with the 22nd pick, and probably get a rookie starter in the second round.

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,291 Times in 12,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility without good reason.

The offense needs help, specifically another playmaker.
    Ruggs isn't necessarily another Tyreek Hill but he's close..McD/Reid/Daboll/Bama connections.
    Beane doesn't like to sit still, especially if he's set on a guy and that's all the cost is going to be.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

5. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-20-2020),The last buffalo fan (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 4,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

" When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I got a feeling Beane is going to make a move.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

8. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-17-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    As to Ruggs, there are a few ways to look at it. You're not getting the big, jump ball WR that everyone is clamoring for, the guy that's "open when he's not open". Most of the guys in this group are like that. Shenault, Higgins, Jefferson, Mims, etc. are like that. (Jeury and Lamb aren't small, but won't be drafted due to their size, they're just damn good. They won't be around anyway.)

Ruggs is smaller. We already have Brown and Beasley in the smurf collection. Like Brown, he can be deadly catching the 5 yard slant and taking it to the house. He can also get open deep. Something like 25% of his catches turned into TD's, which is an incredible figure. He's a legit threat to take it to the house on any play.

Pair him with Brown and Beasley..and you can do some damage with a little creativity and on targets passes. You'd have one guy, Brown, who runs a 4.3 40 and another, Ruggs, who's actually faster. Possibilities open up.

I remember the 2008 draft, when everyone was looking for the big WR, the one who was open when he wasn't open. There was a big run in the 2nd round on that type. Devin Thomas, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly were all taken in the 2nd. I remember saying before that draft, whether people were missing someone who wasn't that big but was still good. In that year, it was Desean Jackson, who went in the mid 2nd round. Of the big WRs, only Jordy Nelson made it (unless you want to count Stevie Johnson, who didn't go until the 6th or 7th.)

I'm pretty sure this class is better than the 2008 class. But I wouldn't ignore a Henry Ruggs because he's less than 6 feet. There are a number of ways they can go but it can be tough to pass on speed.
    Do you have a personal analisis on him??
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https-::profootballtalk.nbcsports.com:2020:02:18:henry-ruggs-favored-to-run-fastest-combine-40:

Ruggs is a deep threat who had 40 catches for 746 yards last season, an average of 18.6 yards per catch. Ruggs has also returned punts and kickoffs, and he had a 75-yard touchdown run last season as well.

Multiple Alabama teammates have predicted that Ruggs will run the 40 faster than 4.3 seconds, and Alabama cornerback Trevon Diggs even picked Ruggs to run it in 4.19 seconds, which would be the fastest ever.

11. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-19-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 897 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not sure how Ruggs fits with our QB, a guy who loves to catch it deep paired with a QB with accuracy issues deep....not ideal.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In that Bills mock, I see in the 4th round the Bills are picking Anthony McFarland Jr. a smallish running back. What's surprising is that he is the son of a retired 300 lb defensive tackle, Anthony "Booger" McFarland.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    In that Bills mock, I see in the 4th round the Bills are picking Anthony McFarland Jr. a smallish running back. What's surprising is that he is the son of a retired 300 lb defensive tackle, Anthony "Booger" McFarland.
    Actually they aren't related.

While they share the same name, McFarland is not the son of former NFL defensive lineman and current Monday Night Football announcer Anthony “Booger” McFarland.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...or-2020-draft/

Thanks
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ruggs makes no sense, we already have a deep threat that our QB can't take advantage of because he has no long ball accuracy. Why would we bring in another?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 Times in 1,547 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There was a video of Beane being interviewed at the Senior Bowl and when it came to WRs he specifically talked about being able to handle press coverage and being physical at the line. He talked about how a lot of college WRs come from spread offenses or situations that don't translate as well to the NFL. He really seemed to emphasize the importance of being able to go against physical CBs. That seems to be a weakness for Ruggs or at least something he hasn't proven he can do. He's a dynamic athlete, but he doesn't seem like a fit for what Beane was talking about.

17. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-19-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I wouldn't dismiss the possibility without good reason.

The offense needs help, specifically another playmaker.
    Ruggs isn't necessarily another Tyreek Hill but he's close..McD/Reid/Daboll/Bama connections.
    Beane doesn't like to sit still, especially if he's set on a guy and that's all the cost is going to be.

Ruggs is gonna give defenses a ton of trouble.

I'd love to get him.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    This WR class is too deep to move up if you ask me. Just stay put (or even trade down) and take BPA. We can still get a good WR.

Besides, the last WR we moved up for just won a Super Bowl with another team because he didn’t want to play for us.
    I thought Zay Jones was borderline cut from the Raiders? Kudos to him though
    via GIPHY

I'm a star chess player, and my beard's straight pimpin' - https://youtube.com/watch?v=lMZgxwu0YwQ&hd=1

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post

We could get a great list of nicknames for this guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    Do you have a personal analisis on him??
    Yep, he's got two speeds..here he comes and there he goes.

22. Post thanked by:

Skooby (02-21-2020),The last buffalo fan (02-20-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Ruggs makes no sense, we already have a deep threat that our QB can't take advantage of because he has no long ball accuracy. Why would we bring in another?
    Well, its time the QB with the golden arm learns how to complete a pass over 20 yards. There's no reason he can't.

The real waste is keeping the entire game in a 10 yard window because your QB hasn't figured out how to hit a deep target on occasion. No amount of a running game or "big receiver" is going to help that type of game.

It didn't work for DIck Jauron, it didn't work for these guys and it won't work in the future. Unless you can back safeties off, or give CB's a moment of pause, or are able to take advantage of play action, you're going to just be a predictable, low scoring team.

You can try to design an offense without deep passes, realizing it hasn't worked in 30 years...or you can train your QB to throw them on occasion accurately.

What's easier? Teaching astronauts to drill? or turn oil well drillers into astronauts?

24. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (02-20-2020),Kenny (02-20-2020),Night Train (02-20-2020),The last buffalo fan (02-20-2020)

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,669 Times in 6,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What's easier? Teaching astronauts to drill? or turn oil well drillers into astronauts?
    Hm, interesting question entirely dependent on the individual proclivities of the subjects and circumstantial cognitive development combined with physical factors. I knew an accountant who could do compound interest in her head and tripped over cracks in the sidewalk, a janitor who could beat me at chess, and a bodybuilder who could do more pushups than either but cooked better than both.

One has to consider the theoretical discrepancy in objective potential across a range of interrelated......oh never mind.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

26. Post thanked by:

cookie G (02-22-2020),Skooby (02-21-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, its time the QB with the golden arm learns how to complete a pass over 20 yards. There's no reason he can't.

The real waste is keeping the entire game in a 10 yard window because your QB hasn't figured out how to hit a deep target on occasion. No amount of a running game or "big receiver" is going to help that type of game.

It didn't work for DIck Jauron, it didn't work for these guys and it won't work in the future. Unless you can back safeties off, or give CB's a moment of pause, or are able to take advantage of play action, you're going to just be a predictable, low scoring team.

You can try to design an offense without deep passes, realizing it hasn't worked in 30 years...or you can train your QB to throw them on occasion accurately.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but Allen is who he is. We draft Ruggs, we waste his talent and after 4 years he likely just goes elsewhere in FA to try and show why he was a guy who was highly thought of in 2020. Because we all know that this franchise is gonna ride out Allen for at least 2 more years.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 Times in 1,547 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mel Kiper just released his mock draft 2.0 and he now has the Bills taking Ruggs with the #22 pick.

Here is what he said:
    22. Buffalo Bills
    Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

John Brown and Cole Beasley each were targeted more than 100 times last season. Can you name the Bills pass-catcher who ranked third on the team in targets? That would be rookie tight end Dawson Knox, who came on at the end of the season, finishing with 28 catches on 50 targets. So let's get Josh Allen another speedy target in Ruggs, who might be the fastest player in the entire 2020 class. I've been told to expect a time under 4.30 in the 40-yard dash at the combine. Ruggs is more than a speed guy who will catch deep balls; he improved as a route runner in 2019 and can break tackles after the catch.

29. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-20-2020)