Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stones coming back to New Era Field July 6th

Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 6,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Stones coming back to New Era Field July 6th

I remember the Stones being old and wrinkly when I saw them @ Rich Stadium in 1981.

https://www.97rock.com/2016/09/27/35...-rich-stadium/
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Purge to country of conservatives.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,475 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Then you don't want to know what I spent for a pair of tickets
    $295 for Grandstand tickets for GNR at Fenway.

$410.25 for Section E for Leppard,Poison,Crue at New Era.
    Draft a franchise QB that X-Era would be proud to put in his user name for the next 13 years.

3. Post thanked by:

Swiper (02-16-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I remember the Stones being old and wrinkly when I saw them @ Rich Stadium in 1981.

https://www.97rock.com/2016/09/27/35...-rich-stadium/
    add 39 years to that and just imagine.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    $295 for Grandstand tickets for GNR at Fenway.

$410.25 for Section E for Leppard,Poison,Crue at New Era.
    Wow.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,850 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would have no interest.

Saw them in 2003 during the SARS concert in Toronto and they were crap.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    I would have no interest.

Saw them in 2003 during the SARS concert in Toronto and they were crap.
    Close to fertilizer.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Led Zeppelin is the best band ever.

Get The Led Out just sold out the Buffalo Ballroom on Valentineís Day. Excellent tribute band. Have seen them close to 30 times. By the end of this year it will be over 30 times.

Being a kid of the 80ís itís hard not to like the music you are brought up with. I wouldnít say any of them were copy cats of Zeppelin. Maybe Whitesnake. But even that is stretching it.

Iím sure the kids of the 90s, 00s, 10s think the same thing.
    Right on!! Jamze and I had the exact same kind of discussion with his bucket list concert seeing KISS. I was a 60's child, so, of course my first exposure to music was the Beatles. I was too young for Elvis, and although I appreciate his culture changing super stardom, really do not have a appreciation to him like some of my relatives that were 10 years older...growing up in the 50's.

And, yeah....I the "copy cat" Zeppelin crack is not necessarily meant to be accurate.....just giving the second greatest band ever (sorry, the Beatles are unquestionably the best in my opinion) their due.

Thankfully my kids (25 & 28 years old) keep me exposed to the more recent stuff....but, they also share my appreciation with the classic rock that defined the 60's & 70's and 80's.

When they were really young and still in child car seats....they would beg me to out on "the aahhhhhh song". The Immigrant Song, of course. We would all sing at the top of our lungs with Robert Plant.

I've got to check out Get The Led Out. My last chance of seeing Led Zep was lost when they canceled the Buffalo date.

Fun times!

9. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,017 Times in 6,322 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Right on!! Jamze and I had the exact same kind of discussion with his bucket list concert seeing KISS. I was a 60's child, so, of course my first exposure to music was the Beatles. I was too young for Elvis, and although I appreciate his culture changing super stardom, really do not have a appreciation to him like some of my relatives that were 10 years older...growing up in the 50's.

And, yeah....I the "copy cat" Zeppelin crack is not necessarily meant to be accurate.....just giving the second greatest band ever (sorry, the Beatles are unquestionably the best in my opinion) their due.

Thankfully my kids (25 & 28 years old) keep me exposed to the more recent stuff....but, they also share my appreciation with the classic rock that defined the 60's & 70's and 80's.

When they were really young and still in child car seats....they would beg me to out on "the aahhhhhh song". The Immigrant Song, of course. We would all sing at the top of our lungs with Robert Plant.

I've got to check out Get The Led Out. My last chance of seeing Led Zep was lost when they canceled the Buffalo date.

Fun times!
    You didn't see them at the Aud in '73?? All the cool people were there.

I also saw them in Tampa in 1976, but they only played two songs before the monsoon. They canceled and you got your money back by mailing in the ticket stub.

I also don't know how anyone could call Van Halen "a hair band". As a matter of fact, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Journey, Metallica, Billy Idol, Triumph, Guns and Roses were not really in that genre either. You could classify them as "second wave metal"....maybe, if you wanted to put them into a nice tidy category and Billy Idol came from Generation X which was right in the middle of the punk movement.

The "hair band" genre, at least from my perspective, were formula hard rockers that relied on fashion instead of original music or musicianship to excite an audience.

They didn't even try to push the envelope musically, just with their womanizing, drug taking, alcoholism and outrageousness.
    Alrighty then

11. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (02-17-2020),jamze132 (02-17-2020),notacon (02-17-2020),Swiper (02-17-2020),TacklingDummy (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    You didn't see them at the Aud in '73?? All the cool people were there.

I also saw them in Tampa in 1976, but they only played two songs before the monsoon. They canceled and you got your money back by mailing in the ticket stub.

I also don't know how anyone could call Van Halen "a hair band". As a matter of fact, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Journey, Metallica, Billy Idol, Triumph, Guns and Roses were not really in that genre either. You could classify them as "second wave metal"....maybe, if you wanted to put them into a nice tidy category and Billy Idol came from Generation X which was right in the middle of the punk movement.

The "hair band" genre, at least from my perspective, were formula hard rockers that relied on fashion instead of original music or musicianship to excite an audience.

They didn't even try to push the envelope musically, just with their womanizing, drug taking, alcoholism and outrageousness.
    Looking back....I feel like an idiot for missing that '73 concert. I have no idea (now) why I did not go.

"Scorpions, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Journey, Metallica, Billy Idol, Triumph, Guns and Roses", are absolutely not my cup of tea. The only thing I like from Aerosmith (not actually the band, just Steven Tyler) is when he teamed up with one of the best guitarists in history...Carlos Santana....in Just Feel Better.

Other than that....I truthfully cannot stand anything that Aerosmith has ever done. Same with Metallica, the Scorpions & Triumph....just grates me like nails on a chalkboard.

Journey had some nice tunes. It was great when they used a Journey song to end the Sopranos.
    Last edited by notacon; 02-17-2020 at 10:45 AM.

13. Post thanked by:

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    You didn't see them at the Aud in '73?? All the cool people were there.july 15, 1973...I was 2 years old, couldn’t go.

I also saw them in Tampa in 1976, but they only played two songs before the monsoon. They canceled and you got your money back by mailing in the ticket stub. 1977

I also don't know how anyone could call Van Halen "a hair band". As a matter of fact, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Journey, Metallica, Billy Idol, Triumph, Guns and Roses were not really in that genre either. You could classify them as "second wave metal"....maybe, if you wanted to put them into a nice tidy category and Billy Idol came from Generation X which was right in the middle of the punk movement. lumpimg them in with 80s bands because that’s when they made their best music

The "hair band" genre, at least from my perspective, were formula hard rockers that relied on fashion instead of original music or musicianship to excite an audience. I enjoyed the music, didn’t really care for the fashion.

Last edited by TacklingDummy; 02-17-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fun times!
    My son was brought up on Zeppelin. He now enjoys going to Get The Led Out concerts too.

By the time I fell in love with Zeppelin, around 1982, Bonham was already dead. Still have the original album that turned me into a Zep head. Physical Graffiti.

Here’s the only space my wife lets me have in the house.28081F9A-013F-4627-B5DD-67C5724E0439.jpeg

All Zeppelin related. Action figures, my original vinyl, The new remastered vinyl Page did a few years ago. All the books. Hot Wheels, Clock, mini guitars, The Object and Jim Kelly.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 02-17-2020 at 12:58 PM.

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My son was brought up on Zeppelin. He now enjoys going to Get The Led Out concerts too.

By the time I fell in love with Zeppelin, around 1982, Bonham was already dead. Still have the original album that turned me into a Zep head. Physical Graffiti.

Here’s the only space my wife lets me have in the house.28081F9A-013F-4627-B5DD-67C5724E0439.jpeg

All Zeppelin related. Action figures, my original vinyl, The new remastered vinyl Page did a few years ago. All the books. Hot Wheels, Clock, mini guitars, The Object and Jim Kelly.
    Yeeeehaaaaaaw. Led Zep and Jim Kelly!!! Rock it!

When my oldest daughter was 14-15 years old and taking guitar lessons, she learned some Led Zep songs. The first time she surprised me with her rendition of Ten Years Gone, it made me cry!

- - - Updated - - -

18. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow. That's my hit list of bands and performers I can't stand. I like a few songs from Black Sabbath, so I guess Ozzy's kinda ok.

All of these are ****ty copy cats of Led Zeppelin.

We can still be fiends. I don't expect my friends to have good taste in music.
    If you want to hear a true Zepelin rip off band, check out Greta Van Fleet. Makes me sick.

20. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-19-2020),TacklingDummy (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I always thought their last album was unusual and quite good and because of Bonham's death never got the full recognition it should have (despite it getting good airplay in the day). My favorite is Led Zepplin III however.

22. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-19-2020),TacklingDummy (02-17-2020)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I always thought their last album was unusual and quite good and because of Bonham's death never got the full recognition it should have (despite it getting good airplay in the day). My favorite is Led Zepplin III however.
    In Through the Outdoor is underrated. Fool In The Rain is my favorite currently from that album.

All their records took turns being a favorite at one time in my life. Currently itís probably Houses of the Holy.

Bron Y Aur Stomp from LZ3 currently my favorite from that album.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 02-17-2020 at 08:01 PM.

24. Post thanked by:

Swiper (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    If you want to hear a true Zepelin rip off band, check out Greta Van Fleet. Makes me sick.
    Never heard of them. Are they a local Buffalo band??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mick Jaggar is older then my grandfather
    Floyd Lawson was my hero

27. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (02-23-2020),Swiper (02-23-2020)