Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg & Hillary

Zero for Zero!
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,862 Times in 7,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bloomberg & Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It was on the 'regular' news this morning.

Yes, but I think Drudge started it
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Yes, but I think Drudge started it

For the record Drudge is not Conservative anymore.

Matt Drudge no longer runs it and has not for months.

Not a pro Trump site either or by any means.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

3. Post thanked by:

Discotrish (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Yes and the abuse was well represented the last couple of months, as well.

The American People should have taken that opportunity to call for a dissolution of both Houses Of Congress, institute a six year ceiling on time to be allowed to serve, hold new elections with only people that have not served those six years to be eligible for re-election and indict most of the Judiciary Committee for wasting taxpayer money in a vain attempt to nullify the will of the people concerning the election of the POTUS.

You could make a case for treason as well with the major players going to Guantanamo. I mean they basically want to change the American system of government to that of Castro's Cuba, so why not house them in a place near and dear to their hearts??
    I wish I could say that so eloquently. My mind thinks that but when I type it comes out like “**** Congress, get rid of them, and bring on some term limits.”

5. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (02-18-2020),Woodman (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,647 Times in 9,915 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It was on the 'regular' news this morning.
    The Russians must be working overtime...

7. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (02-18-2020)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    It's right wing nonsense perpetrated by Drudge.
    And YET....we're wasting debating this garbage. And make no mistake....it is​ garbage.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

"I will tell anybody who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drum, and it's real simple: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

9. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-19-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    No just the regular amount probably.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Yeah, they made Buttigeig's staff develop a terrible app for Iowa. They decided that Bloomberg, who has a lot more in common with the RNC, should take a run for the presidency. Yeah, no bungling on the DNC's part. Just blame the Russians. Nah, I am not going to jump down your throat, but I will keep saying it until it sinks in that while Russia probably did try to influence 2016, there I said it, we cannot let Putinmania distract us from the fact that the DNC has some very fundamental and perhaps even fatal flaws that have to be addressed and soon or we might be dealing with 4 more years of the Jersey swamp monster.

12. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-18-2020)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    I wish I could say that so eloquently. My mind thinks that but when I type it comes out like “**** Congress, get rid of them, and bring on some term limits.”
    Term limits are the coward's way out of doing what should be one of your jobs as a citizen: voting. This takes the decision out of your hands. Also, it runs the risk of a legislative body being more controlled by lobbyists than it already is.

14. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-19-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Term limits are the coward's way out of doing what should be one of your jobs as a citizen: voting. This takes the decision out of your hands. Also, it runs the risk of a legislative body being more controlled by lobbyists than it already is.
    I disagree. I vote, yet it doesn’t matter if I live in a district/state with opposing views. Not really sure how that makes everyone who votes, on the “wrong” side, a coward

The lobbyists already have too much influence over our elected officials. I have no doubts that rookies get to DC and in their first couple of years they’re all about the regular folk from their districts/states but I think they have no choice but to get in line with their party and/or leadership regardless of their personal views. What’s the salary of a member of Congress? $175kish? How do some of them become millionaires in a few years? It’s not by pure luck.

There is absolutely no good argument why term limits are a good idea. It limits the amount of power/influence any individual can over a long period of time. Term limits would also allow new folks to bring fresh ideas to the table that actually have a chance. By allowing career politicians to run this country, we’ll never be able to make changes that benefit the entire nation.

16. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-18-2020),Tailgunner Joe (02-18-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,291 Times in 12,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How so?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The problem with your ridiculous argument is that its incredibly difficult to boot out long time incumbents. They have money, name recognition, and very powerful machines. I know you dream of Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell going away, but I would be very surprised if either one were actually defeated. Then there is Nancy Pelosi. I would love to see her primaried because she is useless, but she and the California Democrats have made it all but impossible to primary her ass. AOC, and what she did, is very much the exception and not the rule. So I get what you are saying, but in many cases it is next to impossible to primary a long term incumbent and it is extremely difficult to boot out a long term failed incumbent.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,017 Times in 6,322 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    You realize Cartman would be 110% a Trump supporter? He's racist, selfish, hates pretty much everyone, narcissistic, fake, lies, cheats and steals......

just Sayin.
    You realize very little, but you have the excuse that your brain never fully developed.....goes hand in hand being born in Canada.

Maybe you should change your username and location. Then you can at least pretend you know something.
    Alrighty then

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As opposed to the virtual morons that have made a career out of politics and fleecing the general public getting rich by doing nothing.

One of the more idiotic ideas from the vapid and obtuse end of the political spectrum.

21. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,647 Times in 9,915 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

23. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-22-2020),Discotrish (02-18-2020),Swiper (02-20-2020),ticatfan (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    As opposed to the virtual morons that have made a career out of politics and fleecing the general public getting rich by doing nothing.

One of the more idiotic ideas from the vapid and obtuse end of the political spectrum.
    How silly. No....congresspeople does what their constituents want. They are not "fleecing" anyone. The problem is that the Senate is not representative of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

60% of America's population is in NINE states. That means that 40% of the population has EIGHTY TWO PERCENT OF THE SEANTE!!!

THAT'S the problem. It's the tyranny of the minority....today that means right wingers are wagging the dog.

25. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-18-2020),Swiper (02-20-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How silly. No....congresspeople does what their constituents want. They are not "fleecing" anyone. The problem is that the Senate is not representative of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

60% of America's population is in NINE states. That means that 40% of the population has EIGHTY TWO PERCENT OF THE SEANTE!!!

THAT'S the problem. It's the tyranny of the minority....today that means right wingers are wagging the dog.
    Do you think there are any Congressmen/women who have ever abused their power or maybe bought/sold shares of stock because of not-so-public info they’re privied to?

Do you think every democrat in Congress is honest? Do you think every republican is corrupt?

27. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (02-19-2020),ticatfan (02-18-2020)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 Times in 3,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's actually the tyranny of the oligarchs who are PAYING OFF our congresspeople.

It would be nice to know who those people are.

Patti

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,128 Times in 8,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bloomberg and Hillary would be a ticket I would hate to vote for

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

31. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,928 Times in 2,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The idea of Hillary as Mike Bloomberg's VP came about because if conservatives can't somehow manage to say "Hillary Clinton" out loud every 14 days or less they break into a rash