Thread: Who would Bernie choose as VP?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 6,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who would Bernie choose as VP?

Quote Originally Posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyub6M8Qfqs

Jimmy Dore on Tucker Carlson's show...
    LOL. Let me get this straight. Shiva is citing Tucker Carlson, who is supposed to be Bill O'Reilly-lite, who has a comedian on that is "the only voice of reason on the internet."

Same old people acting the same old way.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Purge to country of conservatives.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Can't possibly provide healthcare to all of your citizens when your goal is to spend more money annually on your military than the next 8 countries combined.
    Our government is run by pinheads.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,205 Times in 10,255 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    When i say kicking and screaming i am referring to the ultra wealthy, the right wing blowhards like fox news, and those types. I think the majority will support things especially when it works.

However, I DO agree that it may not be possible. The 1% and special interests groups have so much control over ALL parties. It's what disappointed me about Obama. Much of what he hoped to achieve was blocked. Would Sanders have better luck? I don't know. i lean towards, no just like you said. But momentum is building. progressives are getting more wins. Bernie has an undeniable following.... I hope it keeps going.
    It's not the ultra wealthy you need to convince...

The decision to create a boogey man of the ultra rich is convenient because it's an easy target. I'm also not sure how much I buy that momentum is building. More progressives do hold office, but they've been pretty marginalized in Congress thus far. For all the press somebody like AOC gets she hasn't been able to accomplish or get much traction on any of her issues. Part of that is her standing in the conference, but she, like many other progressive candidates, are getting both a primary and general election challenge. If the majority of them can survive that then I'd be more likely to agree about the wave, but it still needs some signature policy wins.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,822 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You read the New Testament with that mouth?
    You're missing the point. If you want to create something for yourself in abundance legally, I should not have the government force you to give me what you created . People need to stop acting like victims of rich people.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Here's the thing, the "lower class" already have free healthcare in this country. So any changes to give free healthcare to everyone would effect them negatively while giving them no benefit.

How do you approach the situation to tell 64 million people in this country that they're still going to receive the same medical coverage they have currently but gas taxes, sales tax, income taxes will be raised so everyone else can get the same medical coverage?
    I think you meant people at or below the FPL already have access to free healthcare, but that certainly does not mean all people who are low-income qualify. For example low-income for a family of four in Georgia is around $63,000ish a year. While that will qualify for a subsidized plan through the marketplace it won't provide you with free healthcare.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I think you meant people at or below the FPL already have access to free healthcare, but that certainly does not mean all people who are low-income qualify.
    Just because a person has a Medicaid card in their possession does NOT mean they have free health care. PLEASE stop acting like a know-it-all. There are numerous examples to be had. Let me know if you want an education on the topic.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,850 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    You're missing the point. If you want to create something for yourself in abundance legally, I should not have the government force you to give me what you created . People need to stop acting like victims of rich people.
    Asking the rich to pay more taxes -- as they did decades ago -- is acting like a victim of rich people

Anyone making over $100K/yr should be paying progressively more taxes.

People have the right to reap what they sow to a certain point but not to the point where they have so much wealth they can't possibly spend while others working 3 jobs can't afford health care.
    Last edited by Haile SpikedLemonade; 02-18-2020 at 02:31 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    Your taxes probably would go up. No doubt about it. In return for that, you'd stop/pay a LOT less for health insurance. You'd have better infrastructure, better schools and your kids wouldn't be buried in student debt/be unable to even go to university.....etc etc etc.

Your second point on "Doctors won't be willing to do their jobs" is just not reality. Some will no doubt be paid less. They won't like it. They also won't quit because they are all still working jobs they get paid VERY well to do. The top billing doctor in my province billed nearly 2 million last year. (granted she has to staff her office and so on) But she's still a very wealthy person. The idea they will all quit is just not a reality, even if they are pissed off about things. Plus, the y typically bill predetermined amounts per patient, they aren't "capped" or on salary....
    You love putting words in my mouth? I never said they would “all quit”, but you have to be naive to think that some wouldn’t just quit their practice altogether. I personally know of two who said if the government ever dictated when/how they get paid, they’d simply retire and do a lot more fishing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Asking the rich to pay more taxes -- as they did decades ago -- is acting like a victim of rich people.

Anyone making over $100K/yr should be paying progressively more taxes..
    yes it is if you are asking them for more money so they can fund peoples lives .
    anyone making 100k is not rich especially when they have kids.

People have the right to reap what they sow to a certain point but not to the point where they have so much wealth they can't possibly spend while others working 3 jobs can't afford health care.
    where do you think taxes come from, people making wages by working for poor people?

here argue this...

Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-18-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    You love putting words in my mouth? I never said they would “all quit”, but you have to be naive to think that some wouldn’t just quit their practice altogether. I personally know of two who said if the government ever dictated when/how they get paid, they’d simply retire and do a lot more fishing.
    Than off they go. Buh-bye. I call bull**** and think the vast majority who claim that would never follow through, and if they do, there's great med schools ready to replace them.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I think you meant people at or below the FPL already have access to free healthcare, but that certainly does not mean all people who are low-income qualify. For example low-income for a family of four in Georgia is around $63,000ish a year. While that will qualify for a subsidized plan through the marketplace it won't provide you with free healthcare.
    I'm talking about the 64 million people in this nation who already have Medicaid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    there's a study that if you took the money of the billionaires form ALL OVER THE WORLD, it wouldnt fund healthcare in the US for more than 3 years. and then what?

As for taxing amazon and the rich, why is it their responsibility to provide anything to anyone? If they are greedy, so what? Get greedy too and make something of yourself and stop FORCING people to provide for you.
    Government doesnt FUND anything. Taxes comes from people who work for rich people.
    According to Sanders, anyone making below 29K wouldnt be taxed. So middle class and up will be screwed.

Everyone would likely pay a bit more to a lot more tax, but the vast majority would benefit from that payment.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Americans burn 384.74 million gallons each day. Raise it by 2 buck a gallon, then you have 769.48 million dollars a day to pay for it.
    Last edited by ticatfan; 02-18-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    “Preparing for pandemics, wars, climate crises and other out-of-the-box events is precisely why open-ended deficit spending during booms is dangerous.”
    - National Post, March 4, 2020

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,368 Times in 12,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    LOL. Let me get this straight. Shiva is citing Tucker Carlson, who is supposed to be Bill O'Reilly-lite, who has a comedian on that is "the only voice of reason on the internet."

You didn't even watch the clip, did you?

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,368 Times in 12,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Our government is run by pinheads.
    Pinheads governing pinheads.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just because a person has a Medicaid card in their possession does NOT mean they have free health care. PLEASE stop acting like a know-it-all. There are numerous examples to be had. Let me know if you want an education on the topic.
    Is that what I said?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    Americans burn 384.74 million gallons each day. Raise it by 2 buck a gallon, then you have 769.48 million dollars a day to pay for it.
    And that would be a tax that would negatively impact the poor.

That's my entire point about these "free" programs that seems to go over everyone's head.

To fund these programs, you need to generate more revenue and in doing so you negatively impact everyone. Including those who cannot afford to be negatively impacted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

this white democrat billionaire wants to tax the poor so they dont hurt themselves.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's my entire point about these "free" programs that seems to go over everyone's head.

To fund these programs, you need to generate more revenue and in doing so you negatively impact everyone. Including those who cannot afford to be negatively impacted.
    Our gas is a lot higher. But if the poor have free health care, they maybe could afford it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,928 Times in 2,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the gas tax hasn't gone up in 27 years. It's not indexed for inflation. So effectively it's gone down by over 30% since then. Which is one reason why our infrastructure is crumbling.

22. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (02-18-2020)