Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would Bernie choose as VP?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who would Bernie choose as VP?

Pretending for a moment that Bernie were to win the nomination, who would he choose as a running mate?

Warren jumped to mind. They share a great deal of beliefs and a female VP would help too. But of course, VP's are usually picked that offer some regional and belief contrast in order to appeal to different demographics. Plus she's practically the same age as Bernie and he mentioned having a "younger" candidate

Bernie has already said his VP would "not be an old white guy". He stopped a bit short of saying they'd for sure be female, but he seemed to allude to that.

Tammy Baldwin fit the bill and she's from from Minnesota so she has appeal to the Rust Belt where Hilary completely blew it.

Gabbard might be a possibility, smart, likable and a military veteran.

Personally, I'd like to see him pick AOC or even Ilhan Omar, just to see the collective heads of the far right EXPLODE. lol (neither would happen of course)

Thoughts?

Zero for Zero!
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,862 Times in 7,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who would Bernie choose as VP?

I think Kamala Harris would make a lot of sense for him
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

3. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-17-2020),Swiper (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Baldwin doesn't have the name recognition and Gabbard pissed off the party brass too much.

Corey Booker?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,647 Times in 9,915 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Again, I think the common sense pick is Klobuchar, despite their differences on Health care.

6. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (02-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hillary before Bloomberg gets her.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why didn't anybody say Biden?

Historical Ticket.

No seriously he would choose Larry David.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The sooner that the DNC realizes that Biden and Hillary Clinton are the past, the better chance they have of beating Trump. Hopefully it's not already too late.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,928 Times in 2,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When Harris 1st announced I was thinking "this lady could go all the way. Great resume, black, female, intelligent, reasonably attractive. Then I heard her speak. OMG. You ask that girl what time it is she tells you how to build a watch. She's a pill. On paper she looks like a good running mate for Bernie but there's a reason she got no traction.

I think Sanders can't fake it if he picks a running mate by taking someone that he doesn't agree on much with just to look like it's a balanced ticket. Bernie's brand is all about authenticity. I think he would have to go with Elizabeth Warren. Elizabeth isn't the most gifted politician but she's gotten better and she's a couple things Bernie isn't, she's cheerful and she's more pragmatic. She says a lot of the same stuff BS says but you don't feel physically exhausted like you do after a Sanders speech hearing the exact same litany. Sanders has been around for decades but for all his talk about revolutions he hasn't persuaded his fellow Senators to do much of anything he wants. Why? Because he's an absolutist, he's grumpy and he's simply further left than most of the country. Warren might help make the middle of the country a little less scared to death of Bernie but I think he'd still lose, just MO.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The general election would be lost if Bernie gets the nomination. NO VP candidate can help him.

14. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I still think Larry David.

Seriously he would run with Liz Warren it's so easy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yang would be his backup plan if Liz turned him down.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The sooner that the DNC realizes that Biden and Hillary Clinton are the past, the better chance they have of beating Trump. Hopefully it's not already too late.
    It has nothing to do with the DNC. It's about Democratic VOTERS. Why do people see the need to denigrate tens of millions of voters in this lame idea that the DNC controls people???

Anyway...I'm with you on that. Hillary is only spoken about on the right. Their obsession will continue on long after she's dead and gone.

Biden seems to be on his last gasp.

The reason that many Democrats think that Biden is the best chance of beating Trump (and THAT has taken a real beating in the first two primaries) is because they DO NOT WANT BERNIE!!!

I am voting tomorrow in my first presidential election in NV. Early voting is separate from the Sat. caucuses, and I will have the ability to rank candidates by preference. I'm not sure how many selections I get.

I can tell you that I intend to not list Bernie at all. Have not decided on how I am going to rank the other candidates.
    Last edited by notacon; 02-17-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Biden is dying by a thousand cuts all inflicted by himself.

On Bernie right now he's unstoppable within the rules established.

This is not his first rodeo he knows what killed him the 1st time.

Too late to stop him by normal means.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    It has nothing to do with the DNC. It's about Democratic VOTERS. Why do people see the need to denigrate tens of millions of voters in this lame idea that the DNC controls people???

Anyway...I'm with you on that. Hillary is only spoken about on the right. Their obsession will continue on long after she's dead and gone.

Biden seems to be on his last gasp.

The reason that many Democrats think that Biden is the best chance of beating Trump (and THAT has taken a real beating in the first two primaries) is because they DO NOT WANT BERNIE!!!

I am voting tomorrow in my presidential election in NV. Early voting is separate from the Sat. caucuses, and I will have the ability to rank candidates by preference. I'm not sure how many selections I get.

I can tell you that I intend to not list Bernie at all. Have not decided on how I am going to rank the other candidates.
    minimum 3 choices, max 5

But the funny part is you won't know who you actually voted for lol. The caucus system just has to end, so retarded. And Nevada just might cause it, lot of state dem volunteers are sounding the alarm about it being Iowa II. Nevada is apparently going to use a brand new untested software app to report votes that no one is trained to use. And if they have issues the answer is to call a support line. What could go wrong with that?

20. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-17-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Probably everything.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Biden is dying by a thousand cuts all inflicted by himself.

On Bernie right now he's unstoppable within the rules established.

This is not his first rodeo he knows what killed him the 1st time.

Too late to stop him by normal means.
    not too late. Mike Bloomberg is the great white hope. He can still shake things up. If Sanders leads going into the convention but has not clinched the nomination this could be the worst dem convention since 1968

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    not too late. Mike Bloomberg is the great white hope. He can still shake things up. If Sanders leads going into the convention but has not clinched the nomination this could be the worst dem convention since 1968
    Michael Bloomberg can make a lot happen that's for sure.
    I'm pretty sure it won't be all good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    When Harris 1st announced I was thinking "this lady could go all the way. Great resume, black, female, intelligent, reasonably attractive. Then I heard her speak. OMG. You ask that girl what time it is she tells you how to build a watch. She's a pill. On paper she looks like a good running mate for Bernie but there's a reason she got no traction.

I think Sanders can't fake it if he picks a running mate by taking someone that he doesn't agree on much with just to look like it's a balanced ticket. Bernie's brand is all about authenticity. I think he would have to go with Elizabeth Warren. Elizabeth isn't the most gifted politician but she's gotten better and she's a couple things Bernie isn't, she's cheerful and she's more pragmatic. She says a lot of the same stuff BS says but you don't feel physically exhausted like you do after a Sanders speech hearing the exact same litany. Sanders has been around for decades but for all his talk about revolutions he hasn't persuaded his fellow Senators to do much of anything he wants. Why? Because he's an absolutist, he's grumpy and he's simply further left than most of the country. Warren might help make the middle of the country a little less scared to death of Bernie but I think he'd still lose, just MO.
    I don't buy this "authenticity" crap surrounding Bernie's mystic in the least. He's a snake oil salesman....just like Trump.

If he really believes that his stupid M4A plan is viable....he's either a total idiot or lying his ass off. Same goes with his idea that some kind of "grassroots revolution" will sweep him to victory and make Mitch McConnell's bend to his whims (yea, Bernie said virtually that in his NY Times editorial board interview).

And almost every other Unicorn Hunting garbage he's trying to foist on us. He's Trump like in that regard too...

Trump: "I'll build a 2,000 mile wall and Mexico will pay for it"

Bernie: "I'll give free health care (insert free college tuition, paying off college debt and any myriad of ridiculous promises) for everything you ever wanted, and the rich will pay for it"

Their demagoguery is almost identical too. Trump demagogues immigrants. Bernie demagogues millionaire and billionaires. They are two peas in a pod.
    Last edited by notacon; 02-17-2020 at 11:12 AM.