Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What have you built?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,850 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What have you built?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Spiked built a trout pond once. Then he fell in.
    Can't take credit for building the ponds but there were times I felt like throwing myself in.

That car accident sure changed my life.

Blessed to have survived so far and the love of a wonderful woman.

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (02-25-2020),Mace (03-05-2020),Swiper (02-23-2020)

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    I've just implemented teleportation into my game project. Next I'm gonna start working on implementing a grappling hook that will allow the characters to Zipline to walls and ledges and then they can cling to them like Spiderman (because they have ninja hand claws). This is more fun than playing video games once you start to figure stuff out.
    Careful, or you are going to have Anita Sarkhezian all over your ass.

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who tf is Anita Sarkhezian?

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who tf is Anita Sarkhezian?
    A cuckoo who thinks gaming and gamers are sexist.

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,225 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's see...

Like Jamze... something on the large scale...

-Assisted in setting up multiple tent cities around the world, including infrastructure and runways

A few things on a more personal note:

-Insulated and finished off an oversized two car garage
    -Cut down and refinished old doors to odd sized doorframes (in an old house)
    -An elevated block garden bed
    -Installed a lawn irrigation system (had a buddy do the trenching for me though!)
    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (02-25-2020),Mace (03-05-2020),YardRat (02-25-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Built? Several 1:72 scale models, helped build about five habitat for Humanity houses, and I assembled most of the furniture in my house.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Picnic tables.
    It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

10. Post thanked by:

coastal (02-25-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I assembled a sheet metal storage shed. I was pretty useful for several years, until a huge limb from my neighbor's silver maple tree fell right across the top of it after a freak early October snow storm. The snow storm dropped 7 inches of snow overnight on October 7, and the leaves were all still on the tree. Fortunately, it was covered by insurance, and the insurance compensated me not only for the cost of the kit, but also for my labor in puting it together. We were able to buy a wooden storage shed (built buy the students in a local BOCES program) with the settlement.

It comes more under cabinet making than construction, but I made a blanket storage chest for my wife. Again, I have to thank BOCES. I signed up for an adult ed. class so I could use all of the fancy woodworking equipment that I didn't own: table saw, planer, router, band saw etc. It looked really nice.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 02-24-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

12. Post thanked by:

coastal (02-25-2020),Mace (03-05-2020),Tailgunner Joe (02-24-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I assembled a sheet metal storage shed. I was pretty useful for several years, until a huge limb from my neighbor's silver maple tree fell right across the top of it after a freak early October snow storm. The snow storm dropped 7 inches of snow overnight on October 7, and the leaves were all still on the tree. Fortunately, it was covered by insurance, and the insurance compensated me not only for the cost of the kit, but also for my labor in puting it together. We were able to buy a wooden storage shed (built buy the students in a local BOCES program) with the settlement.

It comes more under cabinet making than construction, but I made a blanket storage chest for my wife. Again, I have to thank BOCES. I signed up for an adult ed. class so I could use all of the fancy woodworking equipment that I didn't own: table saw, planer, router, band saw etc. It looked really nice.
    BOCES?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,205 Times in 10,255 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Literally nothing.

Every time I try and build something it ends up going horrifically wrong. There are a number of skills that I have that I use daily but I know my limitations and being handy/building things with my hand are not one of them. Thankfully my family has a number of very handy people in it who are willing to help me out whenever needed.

Wish I was better at it, but everybody has their limitations.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

15. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-25-2020),coastal (02-25-2020),Mace (03-05-2020),OpIv37 (02-25-2020)

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,225 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Literally nothing.

Every time I try and build something it ends up going horrifically wrong. There are a number of skills that I have that I use daily but I know my limitations and being handy/building things with my hand are not one of them. Thankfully my family has a number of very handy people in it who are willing to help me out whenever needed.

Because of medical reasons, I'm not as handy as I was... and I don't have anybody close by to help. There's a couple friends that will give me a hand once in awhile - but I don't like to ask them to help with all my projects, it feels like I'm taking advantage. It's super frustrating to have to give in and pay a "handyman" come in and do something for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Literally nothing.

I'm not much better. I can fix a lot of things- I can't really build anything from scratch. My dad is good at this stuff, and so was my brother before he passed. I helped them with a lot of things but have done very little myself.

18. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,507 Times in 9,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've just implemented teleportation into my game project. Next I'm gonna start working on implementing a grappling hook that will allow the characters to Zipline to walls and ledges and then they can cling to them like Spiderman (because they have ninja hand claws). This is more fun than playing video games once you start to figure stuff out.
    You mean like Assassin's Creed did 10 years ago?

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    What is the most “constructionee” thing you’ve ever built... and yes Me and my 43% made that up.

prior to recently... I’ve done a fence and a custom mailbox that is way cool.

currently I am in the midst of a patio bbq island kitchen complete with a 18 gauge steel frame, Duroc cement board with custom pergula and electric. This island will include a 32” rectangular charcoal grill, wok station, and off set 1/4” steel Lang smoker. I will be pouring a concrete counter for this in about 2 weeks.

the island will also connect to a masonry pizza oven built with block, fire brick and brick.

YouTube is the bomb... kudos who did **** like this before YouTube.
    I'm more of a fixer than a builder. Harvey Keitel!!! I've done some projects but more fix it things.

I usually fix our cars, but know my limits. One of the most involved repair jobs was fixing bent valves on our son's old Neon. After the timing belt broke, it bent some valves. A friend said we could probably fix it so I did, with his help. He did the precision work, grinding and inserting the valves. I did the tear down and re-putting back together. After everything was pulled off, we were close to be able to pull the engine. I did get it back together with no parts left over and it worked fine. Actually it had some balls to it, but then that car always did.

Does retiling a bath count? I DID have to redo some of the stud walls. It was basically a building project.

I never did get around to doing a grill table. The one I have in mind is a lot less involved than yours..damn, you're taking on a great deal with that project.

And I agree about youtube, you can usually find something to build/fix anything.

22. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    In the process of helping build a small house...650 square feet.

My brother is the brains, I am the help...or grunt if you prefer.

The upside is if something falls on my head, work is not impeded as nothing is damaged.
    Dick Proennecke!!

Seriously, Dick Proennecke was one of the coolest people of the last century.

24. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 Times in 2,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did no one like my joke?

26. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Did no one like my joke?

Well it was funny when I first read it, but now that you asked if I liked it I find it dull and bland.

28. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (02-26-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 Times in 2,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    Well it was funny when I first read it, but now that you asked if I liked it I find it dull and bland.
    Fine. Now run along. Don't you have another habitat for humanity house to "build" or something?

30. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (02-26-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A bear.
    That ain't nothing, I build burgers that are so good that some even say I am part of a global conspiracy:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

32. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (02-26-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fine. Now run along. Don't you have another habitat for humanity house to "build" or something?

nah, but it is time for me to go to Town Topic and have a talk with the burger builders there about my lunch.