Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Late Than Never

Thanks
    Thanked 10,017 Times in 6,322 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Better Late Than Never

IS THERE A MARKET WHERE I CAN SHORT LIBERALS?

February 5, 2020

It’s been a great week!

In Iowa, the party that claims to be devoted to “science” and “technology" demonstrated that it couldn’t count to 10.

Trump delivered a triumphant State of the Union address, highlighting all he’s done to make America great again -- and attacking previous administrations for failing to do so. It was such a bravura performance that when he was finished, Speaker Nancy Pelosi childishly tore up his speech from the podium in a shocking breach of decorum.

Hours after the president’s address, he was scheduled to be “acquitted” in the Senate impeachment trial -- if that’s the right word for a dismissal of the most absurd charges ever brought against a chief executive.

After weeks of scurrilous accusations against him being made on the Senate floor, Trump's job approval rating in Gallup polling has soared to 49 percent, the highest it’s been since he took office. He should ask Pelosi to impeach him again.

more...http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-02-05.html

Have to catch you up on my girl's column since the forum has been closed for repairs.

This one is in honor of NuttyCon since his genius mentor is cited for being so egregiously wrong in his prediction/analysis of a Trump Economy. It illustrates Paul Krugman's lack of any semblance of intellect and reveals him for the partisan shill he truly is.
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 02-22-2020 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Please do NOT post the entire (or 99% of it). Please refer to #9 of the ToS. Thanks ~CG
    Alrighty then

2. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-22-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,822 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Better Late Than Never

Noty:

4. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-22-2020),pmoon6 (02-21-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Short liberals well just pick one.

It's been Joe Biden's dream all of his life to be the democrats nominee for President of the United States of America it's just a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Terms of Conduct & Service

With the 22nd pick Buffalo selects :

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,071 Times in 2,744 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

promote the general welfare..........

7. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (02-21-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by denverboz View Post
    How did you know?????????"??

9. Post thanked by:

denverboz (02-21-2020)

Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,017 Times in 5,596 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fake news threads are always fun
    My Mistake ~~ Sparty

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Fake news threads are always fun
    It's an opinion column, but the articles she cites are in the public domain and almost instantaneously checkable.

Where did she lie in the article??

She even lists her sources.

Another fail from dark side of the force.....maybe the American Left needs to bring back Black Yoda to straighten them out!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 812 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post

This one is in honor of NuttyCon since his genius mentor is cited for being so egregiously wrong in his prediction/analysis of a Trump Economy. It illustrates Paul Krugman's lack of any semblance of intellect and reveals him for the partisan shill he truly is.
    Krugman has been off the rails for sometime now. He used to be a frequent guest on CNBC, but the more his political ideology impacted his economic views, the more irrational he became. Never see him on now.

I got this from one of the market letters I get.

"In his stand-up routine, comedian George Carlin used to joke that with so many doctors around the world, one of them had to be the absolute worst.

"The scariest part," he said, "is that someone has an appointment with him tomorrow."

Here's a corollary. Somewhere out there is the world's worst economic forecaster.

And the scary part? Millions read him in The New York Times each week... and agree with his conclusions.

I'm referring, of course, to Paul Krugman, a man with a long history of making pronouncements that are utterly, gloriously, spectacularly wrong.

Two decades ago, for example, he predicted, "The growth of the Internet will slow drastically... By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's."

More recently, he predicted a total financial collapse if Donald Trump won the presidency, then posted this gem on election night 2016: "It really does now look like Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover? A first-pass answer is never... We are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight."

We are in the midst of the longest economic expansion in U.S. history.

Unemployment is at a half-century low. Wages are up. U.S. household income and net worth are at record highs. And so is the Dow, which has tacked on nearly 10,000 points since the 2016 election.

Yet Krugman doubled down one year ago, declaring, "The Trump boom, such as it was, is over."

I immediately shared his comments in a note to subscribers, pointing out, "As contrarian indicators go, this is one of the best. Stay long."

A year later, the U.S. economy is still chugging and the S&P 500 is up 27% year to date.

(When I think of Krugman, I'm reminded of William H. Macy's character in the film The Cooler. His mere presence at the table is enough to generate a streak of bad luck.)

How does he continually get the economic picture so wrong?

Krugman is a longtime advocate of the "European model." He argues passionately for higher social spending, sky-high taxes, heavy-handed business regulation and massive intervention in the economy by government technocrats who think exactly like he does.

And he doesn't suffer criticism gladly.

In a recent column, he claimed, "Going on about how terrible things are in France is a sure sign that you have no idea what you're talking about."

This is a regular Krugman trope. If you disagree with him, you aren't just wrong. You're ignorant.

So let's take a dispassionate look at the French economy
    ."

It goes on to discuss various comparisons, very unfriendly to the French economy.

"Oxford Income," "Liberty through Wealth," Dec 16, 2019.

13. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (02-22-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's an opinion column, but the articles she cites are in the public domain and almost instantaneously checkable.

Where did she lie in the article??

She even lists her sources.

Another fail from dark side of the force.....maybe the American Left needs to bring back Black Yoda to straighten them out!!!!
    She lied in the rest paragraph...

"Trump delivered a triumphant State of the Union address, highlighting all he’s done to make America great again -- and attacking previous administrations for failing to do so. It was such a bravura performance that when he was finished, Speaker Nancy Pelosi childishly tore up his speech from the podium in a shocking breach of decorum."

No. Trump's supposed great things he has done to "make America great agin" are all lies.

And the reps that Speaker Pelosi CORRECTLY ripped up his piece of **** speech was because it was FULL OF BULL**** AND LIES. The idea that this was a "shocking breach of decorum" is the EPITOME of MASIVE hypocrisy and Trump ass kissing.

Please. Annie is a demagogue's demagogue who would have fit perfectly in Hitler's Germany as his Communications Director.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I have to ask....where was Moon's(and She Who Shall Not Be Named's)OUTRAGE! when South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson screamed "YOU LIE!" during one of Obama's SOTU speeches?
    Last edited by ckg927; 02-22-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

"I will tell anybody who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drum, and it's real simple: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-22-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really?!?!? The Trump economy is simply an extension and result of President Obama's economy.

Every single trend that we are enjoying now in the economy is virtually the same as during Present Obama's EXCEPT JOB GROWTH, where the rate of job growth has SLOWED to the tune of over 1.5 million LESS jobs created during the first three years of Trump's reign of terror as compared to the last three years of President Obama's. THIS IS FACT!!!

One metric that Trum touted as showing how (falsely) terrible Obama's economy was is the trade deficit. The bigger the deficit, the worse it is for American Trump lied about. Well...the trade deficit has SOARED under Trump. THIS IS FACT.

Manufacturing is in a recession. GDP growth is almost identical despite the fact that the federal budget deficit has SOARED under Trump as has the federal debt. THESE ARE FACTS!

There was time when right wingers, ESPECIALLY gameboy, warned and whined about the deficit under President Obama (despite the FACT that we were coming out of an once every 100 years Great Recession) and lied about the FACT that Obama GREATY REDUCED that deficit.

Yep...with right wingers....deficits under Democratic presidents is ARMAGEDDON!!!!!! Deficits under Republican presidents are just peachy keen.

BTW...Trump's "acting" chief of staff admitted this exact thing.

Right wingers whine and cry about "increased spending" ONLY when there is a Democratic president. And federal spending reduced under President Obama....yet the GOP'ers' LIED about that saying that Obama greatly increased spending.

But, alas, when a Republican president is in office spending is GREAT!!!! And it is a fact that spending increases under GOP presidents, and deficits go up....and then the Democratic presidents are left cleaning u the **** show the GOP left.

It will be the same after Trump leaves office.

What a bunch of lying hypocrites epitomized by skanky Annie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh...gameboy....there is Annie touting that the "the stock market keeps setting new records"...where is your pushback about that???

And, Annie's bull**** on this illustrates a lack of context which in this case is a form of lying.

Yes, the stock market keeps setting new records"....so what??? That's like saying "the US population keeps on setting new records".

The RATE of increase for the stock market is WORSE under Trump than President Obama.

Yep...at this point in President Obama's first term, the stock market was up 61.9%. For Trump, it's 46%

This is FACT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nutty should really be ashamed of himself.

He's in Las Vegas and instead of enjoying it, he's pecking away pushing his own brand of propaganda and trying to pass himself off as some kind wise soul.

Maybe you should take the wife out for an early supper at Delmonico's.

I'm sure she'll adore you for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 812 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Oh...gameboy....there is Annie touting that the "the stock market keeps setting new records"...where is your pushback about that???
    Whatever gave you any indication I ever pay any attention to "Annie, or whatever you call her?"
    Nothing I've ever posted.

And where did this come from?
    "There was time when right wingers, ESPECIALLY gameboy, warned and whined about the deficit under President Obama?"

Really?

I don't ever recall that, and the reason is not faulty memory, it's because you are lying and it didn't happen.

Anyway, on to real things, Krugman is a special case, and that's why I commented.
    I've seen his crap for years and he is, (and read this carefully).....
    a person who puts politics and zealous beliefs above rational observation and gets peoples attention.

Recognize that in anyone?

Krugman is one of those "economists" who give astrologers a good name.

21. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (02-22-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Captain gameboy View Post
    Whatever gave you any indication I ever pay any attention to "Annie, or whatever you call her?"

"There was time when right wingers, ESPECIALLY gameboy, warned and whined about the deficit under President Obama?"

Really?

I don't ever recall that, and the reason is not faulty memory, it's because you are lying and it didn't happen.

Anyway, on to real things, Krugman is a special case, and that's why I commented.
    a person who puts politics and zealous beliefs above rational observation and gets peoples attention.

The thing is, you criticized one of his idols, so that makes you the enemy.

All of Nutty's enemies are attacked with the same stereotypical right wing portrayals because he hates anyone that isn't firmly in the Leftist camp.....your posting record is immaterial.....

You disagreed with the echo chamber and now you must pay the price. He will pull out all the distasteful tactics that the Leftist Mob generally uses which amounts to "Lie, Cheat, Steal". The same as he and the mind hive use against Trump.

When their stated aim is to remove the President by ANY MEANS NECESSARY, that doesn't leave much off the table, now does it??

23. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-24-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,291 Times in 12,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    She lied in the rest paragraph...

"Trump delivered a triumphant State of the Union address, highlighting all he’s done to make America great again -- and attacking previous administrations for failing to do so. It was such a bravura performance that when he was finished, Speaker Nancy Pelosi childishly tore up his speech from the podium in a shocking breach of decorum."
    That's not a lie, it's an opinion you disagree with. More and more people are confusing the two.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

25. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (02-24-2020),pmoon6 (02-23-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    That's not a lie, it's an opinion you disagree with. More and more people are confusing the two.
    Yardie, Yardie, Yardie, you must not have gotten the memo.

NotaCon's opinion: FACTS, Baby!!!!!

Everyone Else (unless that opinion is identical) LIES, you demagogic POS!!!!!!

Keep that in mind while trying to wade through his seemingly endless posts that boil down to virtually nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It's an opinion based on lies. Easy concept to understand.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really?

When are you going to get it through your head that when I bring up something you said, it's NOT form my "memory"...it's based on what you wrote.

Here is one of your posts whining about deficits under president Obama....again...the full post to give context...from 11/8/2012.....

Maybe I am missing something.

In your time frame, there has been exactly one Democrat president that presided during a time that deficits were reduced.

If you are claiming that the deficit has been reduced under Obama, I would suggest you are incorrect.

The economy is an immense thing that takes quite a while to turn, which in this conversation, gets to $ provided to the Treasury, which is the other part of the deficit formula. The income side.
    It can be reasonably argued that Clinton benefited from a number of things that were completely unrelated to his party.

That is whining about the deficits under President Obama....and the fl idea that he did not have decreasing deficits during his term as president.

The FACTS are that defectors go UP under Republican predicts and DOWN under Democratic president...here is a Politfact Fact Check...

Here's how the deficit performed under Republican and Democratic presidents, from Reagan to Trump

Alex Cole, a political news editor at the website Newsitics, published the tweet July 23. Within a few hours, several Facebook users posted screenshots of the tweet, which claims that Republican presidents have been more responsible for contributing to the deficit over the past four decades.

Those posts racked up several hundred likes and shares. We also found a screenshot on Reddit, where it has been upvoted more than 53,000 times.

"Morons: ĎDemocrats cause deficits,í" the original tweet reads.

Screenshots of the tweet on Facebook were flagged as part of the companyís efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

"(President Ronald) Reagan took the deficit from 70 billion to 175 billion." This is more or less accurate. The federal deficit went from about $78.9 billion at the beginning of Reaganís presidency to $152.6 billion at the end of it. At points between 1983 and 1986, the deficit was actually more than $175 billion.

"(George H.W.) Bush 41 took it to 300 billion." Close, but not exactly. The number was around $255 billion at the end of Bushís term. The deficit spiked at around $290.3 billion the year before he left office.

"(Bill) Clinton got it to zero." This is true. During his presidency, Clinton managed to zero out the deficit and end his term with a $128.2 billion surplus.

"(George W.) Bush 43 took it from 0 to 1.2 trillion." This is in the ballpark. Ignoring the fact that he actually started his presidency with a surplus, Bush left office in 2009 with a federal deficit of roughly $1.41 trillion.

"(Barack) Obama halved it to 600 billion." This is essentially accurate. Obama left the presidency with a deficit of approximately $584.6 billion, which is more than halving $1.41 trillion. The deficit was even lower in 2015 at around $441.9 billion.

We had to look for more recent data to back up Coleís allegation that "Trumpís got it back to a trillion."
    They rated the tweet that said deficits go UP under Republican presidents and DOWN during Democratic president and that "MORONS: "Democrats cause deficits"... "Mostly True".

There is TONS of data....most accurately is the ratio of deficit to GDP. Yes, the deficit goes UP under Republican presidents and DOWN under Democratic candidates. THE FACTS ARE UNDENIABLE!!!

So...back to my original point....YOU whined about deficits under Obama. And now we have a DEFINITIVE RECORD that goes well beyond your claim "In your time frame, there has been exactly one Democrat president that presided during a time that deficits were reduced."....

We have FOUR Republican presidents, and the deficit went UP DURING EACH OF THEIR TERMS!!! And we have TWO Democratic Presidents and the deficit WENT DOWN DURING EACH OF THEIR TERMS!!! THIS is EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that PROVES the premise.

So....if the deficit is so important to you, why are you discounting the FACT that Democrat presidents have a better record of reducing refits that Republicans ones...ESPECILALY TRUMP??? Why do we not hear you whine about the massive increase in deficit under Trump...during a time of continued growth?!?!?!?

Of course, we now the answer. Partisan ship trumps everything. I form my opinion on the FACTS....you seem to form your opinion based on the POLITICAL PARTY'S RHETORIC.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yardie, Yardie, Yardie, you must not have gotten the memo.

NotaCon's opinion: FACTS, Baby!!!!!

Everyone Else (unless that opinion is identical) LIES, you demagogic POS!!!!!!

Keep that in mind while trying to wade through his seemingly endless posts that boil down to virtually nothing.
    And your hero is the skanky Annie.

I'd put Krugman up against Annie any day of the week. Krugman is an esteemed economists, teaches such, and has won a Nobel Prize for the same.

Annie is a political hack, who makes her money by appealing the the knuckle dragging Fox News crowd and right wing disinformation media.

BTW...the premise....

"More recently, he predicted a total financial collapse if Donald Trump won the presidency, then posted this gem on election night 2016: "It really does now look like Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover? A first-pass answer is never... We are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight.""

Yes, Mr. Krugman did indeed make this claim on election night.

BUT....and this is a HUGE BUT.....he retracted the whole idea, apologized and admitted that this opinion was done in a fit of disappointment of the election results.

THAT is what people of integrity and honesty do. Krugman is not always right, but mostly he is. When he makes a mistake, he admits it. When he is putting forth a theory that may, or may not be true...he says that.

He is a respected icon in academia that bases his points on the facts, and empirical evidence. Here is Krugman's retraction of his election night weakness...

The Long Haul

As I said in todayís column, nobody who thought Trump would be a disaster should change his or her mind because he won the election. He will, in fact, be a disaster on every front. And I think he will eventually drag the Republican Party into the abyss along with his own reputation; the question is whether he drags the rest of the country, and the world, down with him.

But itís important not to expect this to happen right away. Thereís a temptation to predict immediate economic or foreign-policy collapse; I gave in to that temptation Tuesday night, but quickly realized that I was making the same mistake as the opponents of Brexit (which I got right). So I am retracting that call, right now. Itís at least possible that bigger budget deficits will, if anything, strengthen the economy briefly. More detail in Mondayís column, I suspect.

On other fronts, too, donít expect immediate vindication. America has a vast stock of reputational capital, built up over generations; even Trump will take some time to squander it.

The true awfulness of Trump will become apparent over time. Bad things will happen, and he will be clueless about how to respond; if you want a parallel, think about how Katrina revealed the hollowness of the Bush administration, and multiply by a hundred. And his promises to bring back the good old days will eventually be revealed as the lies they are.

But it probably wonít happen in a year. So the effort to reclaim American decency is going to have to have staying power; we need to build the case, organize, create the framework. And, of course, never forget who is right.

Itís going to be a long time in the wilderness, and itís going to be awful. If I sound calm and philosophical, Iím not ó like everyone who cares, Iím frazzled, sleepless, depressed. But we need to be stalwart.

Krugman was spot on that Trump would be a "disaster"...he IS a disaster....to the rule of law, respect for the Constitution and every single democratic norm, principles and value this country was founded on and what made it great.

He has alienated every single one of our allies...and embraced and bolstered every single one of our enemies. He is acting like a virtual agent of Russia and Putin's bitch.

He has brought the Republican Party down with him, as evidenced by the mockery of impeachment the deeply hypocritical Republican Senate (except for Mitt Romney) demonstrated, and their turning a blind eye to his every law breaking mob boss presidency.

Krugman is right most of the time, and skanky Annie is WRONG most of the time.

I'll stick with the Nobel Laureate, who is respected around the world for his economic expertise and is the Distinguished Professor of Economics at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, and previously professor of economics at MIT, Princeton University and holds the title of Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics.

....you can stick with the bomb throwing demagogue Annie who has zero resect outside to the radical right wing media bubble.

Right wingers like bomb throwing demagogues....people like me gravitate to experts in their field and a career of distinguished service in some of the best educational institutions in the world.

That explains the two sides of the political spectrum perfectly.