Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who replaces Botts?

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,670 Times in 6,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who replaces Botts?

I don't really understand why anyone wants to keep Krueger either. He has that motivational speaker positive talk going, but I can't see anything that says he knows what he's doing as a bench boss in the NHL. He's not doing anything that makes them any different from how they always are besides making them feel better about themselves, which frankly they don't deserve.
    Last edited by Mace; 03-07-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"It felt really good," Krueger said of his lineup. "I really liked the team tonight. I thought we had two real nice pushing-more offensive lines with Johansson and Eichel. ... After two periods you’d say, 'Wow, we really put ourselves in position to break their winning streak,' but they’re on a roll. They’re playing excellent hockey. Very confident team."
    Like what ? Yay ? Wow ! Booyeah, another positive loss, oh get him out of here.

3. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (03-08-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,490 Times in 4,534 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just another bad hire, Botts and Kreuger, in a line of bad hires ever since Pegula bought the team.

The best hope for Sabres fans, at this point, is for Pegula to sell the team to someone who keeps them here.

This team, with the Pegulas ultimately in charge will never even be mediocre let alone good.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,736 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A 2x4 could do the same job, at present. Wouldn't cost them anything.

It's beyond saving face now. Returning season ticket invoices for next season will speak volumes. Best of luck.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Just another bad hire, Botts and Kreuger, in a line of bad hires ever since Pegula bought the team.

The best hope for Sabres fans, at this point, is for Pegula to sell the team to someone who keeps them here.

This team, with the Pegulas ultimately in charge will never even be mediocre let alone good.
    I can't really comprehend it. Short of centers, they get Reinhart and Eichel back to back. They had O'Reilly, should have been set up the middle for years. At the time, they have a upper tier ranked prospect pipeline for better days. They play Reinhart at wing, and trade off prospects. They get Dahlin. They get Botterill, well respected and an up and comer, they hire Housley for a progressive system....load up on defense, keep a 40 goal guy, take him off his production line and bounce him around after firing Housley and hiring a motivational speaker not even in the sport for years. The results don't even change any with all of that.

It's like the Sabres are a tar pit of doom for anyone who comes here. I can't even blame Pegulas. The law of averages should have let something work by now. It's almost comical until you think of Perreault winding down his years and being associated with this team.

Meh, I'm going to go back to not paying attention to them for a couple more years. I should know better.

7. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (03-09-2020)