Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: NFL Free Agency/Other Transactions

Thanks
    Thanked 7,622 Times in 6,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL Free Agency/Other Transactions

John Metchie cleared for Texans training camp after beating cancer - NBC Sports

Metchie was on the practice field this morning, and Houston General Manager Nick Caserio said there are no concerns, either about his health after beating cancer or the hamstring injury he suffered earlier this offseason.
    “He’s cleared to participate here in training camp,” Caserio said. “John’s ready to go. he had a little bit of a setback there in the spring, but he’s cleared, he’s ready to practice, and we’ll take it one day at a time. I’m sure he’s anxious and excited to get back on the field.”
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Since selecting Anthony Richardson at No. 4 overall in this year’s draft, the Colts have consistently maintained that the quarterback will need to play sooner than later to further his development.
    When will that be? It’s still unclear.
    But General Manager Chris Ballard said on Tuesday that the coaching staff will make that determination.
    “That’s discussions that Mr. [Jim] Irsay, Shane [Steichen], the coaching staff — all of us will have,” Ballard said in his press conference. “You don’t want to put him out there and he’s not ready to handle everything that requires playing the position. I’ll lean heavily on our coaching staff — on what they think and what they think he can handle and what he’s ready for. Then eventually he’ll play.

Chris Ballard- When the coaches think Anthony Richardson is ready to go, we'll play him - NBC Sports

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bryce Young gets first snap with Panthers' first-string offense - NBC Sports

Although Panthers coach Frank Reich gave Andy Dalton the first snap of Organized Team Activities, there was never any doubt that Dalton would soon give way to Bryce Young as the Panthers’ starting quarterback. And at the start of training camp today, it became clear that Young is the starter.

Young got the first snap with the first-string offense in the first practice of camp.

When the Panthers traded up to take Young with the first overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft, it was clear that they viewed him as their franchise quarterback for many years to come.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bears agree to four-year extension with Cole Kmet - NBC Sports

The Bears are keeping around one of their top offensive contributors.
    Chicago and tight end Cole Kmet have agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $50 million with $32.8 million guaranteed, according to ESPN.
    The deal also includes $20 million in new first-year cash.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jim Harbaugh on J.K. Dobbins' status- I wish it was a simple answer - NBC Sports

Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins is on the physically unable to perform list and head coach John Harbaugh didn’t offer much of a hint about when Dobbins might be ready to play during a Wednesday press conference.

Dobbins did not work during the team’s mandatory minicamp due to a knee issue, which came as a surprise to Harbaugh and also came at a moment when Dobbins was lamenting [COLOR=var(--color-primary-text)]the business side of football for running backs. When Harbaugh was asked about why Dobbins was out and when he might be back on the field, he suggested the running back might be the better person to field that question.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tua Tagovailoa isn't worried about his next contract - NBC Sports

“I haven’t talked about any contract since what I’ve understood with my fifth-year extension,” Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa told reporters on Wednesday. “I don’t think that’s a worry of mine. When things come, they’ll come because you either deserved it or it’s supposed to happen that way.”
    Tagovailoa seems to be perfectly content with whatever the team wants to do, whenever the team wants to do it.
    “I think regardless of what it is, if they wanted to do it now, if they wanted to wait, whatever,” Tagovailoa said. “I think for myself, I’m always a person that wants to prove to myself that I deserve whatever I get. So for me, I feel like this is something that I need to work for. It’s as plain and simple as that.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pete Carroll expects rookie Devon Witherspoon to sign his contract "soon" - NBC Sports

But the Seahawks and Witherspoon’s representation are haggling over the timing of the signing bonus payout of $20.171 million, Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times reports. The team has a long-held policy of spreading out bonus payments, and Witherspoon is believed to want all of the payment up front, Condotta adds.

The No. 5 overall pick missing the start of training camp seems like a big deal, but coach Pete Carroll, of course, downplayed Witherspoon’s absence.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Video of Tyreek Hill altercation emerges - NBC Sports

Technically, an assault is an assault — regardless of whether it’s a knockout punch or a love tap. The term is defined broadly to include any unwelcome contact between one person and another.
    The bigger problem for Hill is that the league could find a technical violation of the Personal Conduct Policy and then enhance what would be a small punishment based on his pre-NFL guilty plea for choking and punching his pregnant girlfriend.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike Tomlin on Steelers not extending his contract this year- A non-issue for me - NBC Sports

“I haven’t thought about it,” Tomlin said Wednesday, via transcripts from the team. “I’m just in a stage in my career where I don’t care about contracts, to be honest with you. I acknowledge that I’ve seen more days than I’m going to see, you know? That’s just the nature of this thing.
    “I appreciate the opportunity. I’m singularly focused. I’m thankful that I’m in a stage in life and in my career that that’s a non-issue for me.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tony Pollard aiming to "make the most" of his opportunity - NBC Sports

The Cowboys released Ezekiel Elliott in a cost-cutting move this offseason, officially turning over the RB1 job to Tony Pollard. Pollard and Elliott shared the backfield duties in 2022 with Pollard getting 569 snaps and 232 touches and Elliott 558 snaps and 248 touches.

Pollard and the team’s other running backs heard from Elliott Wednesday, with Elliott wishing them “good luck” in a text message.

“It means a lot with his situation, not being anywhere, but him still checking on us and making sure we’re all right,” Pollard said, via Nick Harris of the team website.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks