Thread: Jets feel like they’re “freaking close” on offense

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jets feel like they’re “freaking close” on offense

“We’re that freaking close offensively,” Saleh said, via Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post. “Offensively, I thought we did a really nice job moving the ball, especially in the second half. I know the yardage isn’t going to look good, but I thought we moved the ball well in the second half and we gave ourselves opportunities. We have to finish. I think we will. We’re that freaking close.’’

Jets feel like they're "freaking close" on offense - NBC Sports

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jets feel like they’re “freaking close” on offense

I thought the Jets were done when Rodgers went down. But that D is nasty and will keep them in every game. Before the season started, I said Rodgers just has to be ok for them to be a threat. Well, Wilson has been ok.

They beat us. They beat previously undefeated Philly. They’re only one game behind us and they have the tiebreaker. They’re only 2 games out of the div lead. I don’t think they’re real contenders but they’re good enough to do some damage.

3. Post thanked by:

Saratoga Slim (10-20-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I thought the Jets were done when Rodgers went down.
    And that was your 1st mistake his tired old rickety body is done and a plus for any defense that can pressure as was proven in just 4 plays of game action game one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,062 Times in 1,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They have talent on offense, they just lack a QB And that Defense is scary good, but that formula is not sustainable, they'll be good enough to get to eight wins, but they will not be bad enough to draft an elite QB.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Jets have had a legit defense for a few seasons now...thankfully their offense is a dumpster fire mostly because their QB play is awful.

If Rodgers didn't get hurt, they're probably undefeated right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The Jets have had a legit defense for a few seasons now...thankfully their offense is a dumpster fire mostly because their QB play is awful.

If Rodgers didn't get hurt, they're probably undefeated right now.
    Disagree Rodgers didn't last 4 plays .... can't win on those old tired legs anymore JMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,356 Times in 7,251 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not worried about the Jets.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just goes to show how vital a QB is in this league. The Jets are more talented at virtually every other position than us, but JA keeps us afloat

Thanks
    Thanked 11,632 Times in 7,703 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gooby and I had a discussion about the Jets chances after Rodgers went down (in a thread about Rodgers possibly returning this season)...

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Their schedule is brutal. I see at best 5 more wins for them.
    My response...

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    In today’s NFL....who knows???

They have an elite defense. Breece Hall is just starting to come into his own. He’s averaging 9.7 yards per carry so far. Dalvin Cook is still an impact player. Garrett Wilson is developing into an elite WR. Which is why so many were predicting big things with Rodgers in the fold.

It would not be a surprise if the Jets win (with the team they have now)....

@Denver
    @NYG
    LA Chargers
    @Las Vegas
    Miami
    Atlanta
    Houston
    Washington
    @Cleveland

Not saying they will....I’m closer to your 6 win prediction than this 10 win one....but there is a route for some success. I suspect they will end up somewhere in between 6 and 10 wins.

With Rodgers they would be leaning toward 10 wins...with Wilson they are leaning more toward 6.
    Four weeks after I wrote that ESPN's Dan Graziano is starting to pay attention in his weekly “Overreactions” column...

The Jets are going to find their way into the playoffs in spite of the Aaron Rodgers injury

Wait. What was that result that came across a little after 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday night? Does that say the Jets beat the Eagles? Like, for real? They didn't just mix up the green teams and get the score wrong?

People, the Jets are 3-3! Like, when we thought Rodgers was going to be their quarterback, we were saying they should be happy if they got through their six-game opening gauntlet at 3-3. They beat the Eagles! Do you know many times the Jets had ever beaten the Eagles before Sunday? Zero. No times. They were 0-12 against them in their history. Oh, and do you know how many teams had beaten the Eagles this season before the Jets did Sunday? Yeah, that's right. Same answer.

Verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION

Oh, what the heck. If I said overreaction, Mike Greenberg might not let me back on "Get Up" on Tuesday. Besides, why not buy in here?

The schedule gets worlds easier from here. Yeah, they have both Dolphins games still on the calendar, along with trips to Buffalo and Cleveland. But if you do the win/loss game with the rest of the Jets' schedule, you can easily get them to nine wins if they keep playing defense like this, leaning on running back Breece Hall and making sure quarterback Zach Wilson keeps the ball out of harm's way. They didn't have either of their starting cornerbacks on Sunday, too. If they could win this game, there's no reason to think they couldn't steal one or more of the tougher-looking matchups on their schedule and get to 10 or 11 wins.

And besides, if you believe Rodgers, he might actually get back on the field at some point this season. Farfetched? Of course it is. The dude tore his Achilles in Week 1. But we aren't living in the same world we were living in 24 hours ago, when the Jets hadn't beaten the defending NFC champs without any cornerbacks.

They're toasting the Jets in Miami right now, where the remaining members of the undefeated 1972 Dolphins are popping champagne. But they aren't the only ones excited about what this Jets team has been able to do in spite of everything lousy that has happened to it over the past six weeks. Enjoy this, Jets fans. You deserve to hope.
    As I saidZach Wilson does not have to be Superman. He just has to stop making mistakes. Having Rodgers as a mentor can do nothing but help him.

This is going to be a dogfight in the AFCE. Buffalo is STILL the team to beat. Jets have to come to Buffalo (the Bills win that game in a close one) and play against Miami twice. Miami is a lot of flash and glitz, but they have not beat anyone even close to good yet.

Records of the five team they have beaten...

2-3
    1-5
    1-5
    1-5
    0-6

The only good team they have met, the Bills, they got their asses handed to them.

The second test is coming this week in Philly. Would anyone be surprised if they lose that game???? Possibly by more than one TD??? I’m expecting it.

The Jets are absolutely a team to worry about. Will Zach Wilson stop making crippling mistakes??? Who knows??? Anyone who says they do (or thatchy know what is going to happen in the AFCE) is seeing fools gold.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep