Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 170

Thread: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,606
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    what you dont see is that they made playoffs with lesser talent than past regimes. Its not a finished product. They just rebuilt the OL last year and still made probowl and youre already whining and comparing them to past teams that couldnt even make playoffs in their 3rd year and with better talent. Adding talent like Diggs is exactly what they are doing to make this team better but like the whiner you are you'll always find something to cry about.

    so now its about you? please Ive talked about Diggs. Just pointing out your flawed whines.
    I've come to the realization that he'd rather the Bills didn't do well just so he can keep on whining. I mean, on one hand he admits the reason the Bills struggle/have struggled in the playoffs is because of offense, and he's been talking about how the Bills need more and better WRs. So the Bills go out and get a a top one and then he has to shift to "well his salary might impact the cap in a couple years and a rookie could do just as well so it doesn't count" or some silly logic like that. And the salary cap concerns are funny considering the job Beane has done since he got here.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,193
    Thanks
    10,451
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Lmao. What has the team won in the last 20 years? Thatís the problem here. People make it about me. Whether Iím right or wrong, the team still hasnít won dick so the people in charge havenít been right. But once again, they dangle a shiny new toy in front of you so no one wants to hear the flaws.
    We all know what the "flaws" are...and were.

    YOU do not want to hear, or comprehend, or understand, or admit...use any word you want.....the great strides the team has made in the past three years, and especially the past year.

    It's cynicism of the most toxic type.

    The fact is that the Bills are one of the top 10 teams in the NFL in 2019. They are favored to win the AFC East in 2020. Those realities just seems to stick in your craw because it exposes your whining as out of date, and demonstrably false.

    Whatever.

    Just stop.

  3. #103
    Registered User justasportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bundoks
    Posts
    61,923
    Thanks
    2,685
    Thanked 8,313 Times in 4,874 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    233

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I've come to the realization that he'd rather the Bills didn't do well just so he can keep on whining. I mean, on one hand he admits the reason the Bills struggle/have struggled in the playoffs is because of offense, and he's been talking about how the Bills need more and better WRs. So the Bills go out and get a a top one and then he has to shift to "well his salary might impact the cap in a couple years and a rookie could do just as well so it doesn't count" or some silly logic like that. And the salary cap concerns are funny considering the job Beane has done since he got here.
    Some people need conflict daily to feel complete and I am convinced OP needs to bitch about something to function.

  4. #104
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,576
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 918 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    20

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Salary cap is going to keep going up and by proxy the salaries. 12M is going to be a steal for a top 10 WR maybe as early as next year. The blueprint has been pretty much set for a bit now, strike while your QB is on a cheap contract.

    It will be interesting to see who was available at 22

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,606
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Salary cap is going to keep going up and by proxy the salaries. 12M is going to be a steal for a top 10 WR maybe as early as next year. The blueprint has been pretty much set for a bit now, strike while your QB is on a cheap contract.

    It will be interesting to see who was available at 22
    At WR, it won't be Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy, who are the class of the class.

  6. #106
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    2,091
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    34

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Some people need conflict daily to feel complete and I am convinced OP needs to bitch about something to function.

    It does seem to be the case occasionally.




  7. #107
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    88,793
    Thanks
    9,944
    Thanked 18,709 Times in 9,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    248

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    We all know what the "flaws" are...and were.

    YOU do not want to hear, or comprehend, or understand, or admit...use any word you want.....the great strides the team has made in the past three years, and especially the past year.

    It's cynicism of the most toxic type.

    The fact is that the Bills are one of the top 10 teams in the NFL in 2019. They are favored to win the AFC East in 2020. Those realities just seems to stick in your craw because it exposes your whining as out of date, and demonstrably false.

    Whatever.

    Just stop.
    Strides? I wish. It's still a great D being squandered by a struggling O. The team still beats the bottom feeders and struggles with the better teams. Those are the same things that have plagued this team for 20 years. The only difference was that we won 2-3 games more than usual as a result of a weaker schedule that we won't see again anytime soon.

    And they are favored to win the AFCE because the rest of the div is a disaster. NE's only offensive weapon last year was Brady, and he's gone. They still have a good D, but we know all too well what a good D with no offensive support gets. The Fish are easily two years behind us in their rebuild and the Jets.... well, they're the same dumpster fire they always are.

    If we had one more winning team on the schedule last year, we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. If we had 2 more winning teams on the schedule, we definitely wouldn't have made the playoffs.

    Sadly, this team really isn't any different. We can't keep depending on external factors to get better results because those factors won't always be in our favor.

  8. #108
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,519
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,240 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Strides? I wish. It's still a great D being squandered by a struggling O. The team still beats the bottom feeders and struggles with the better teams. Those are the same things that have plagued this team for 20 years. The only difference was that we won 2-3 games more than usual as a result of a weaker schedule that we won't see again anytime soon.

    And they are favored to win the AFCE because the rest of the div is a disaster. NE's only offensive weapon last year was Brady, and he's gone. They still have a good D, but we know all too well what a good D with no offensive support gets. The Fish are easily two years behind us in their rebuild and the Jets.... well, they're the same dumpster fire they always are.

    If we had one more winning team on the schedule last year, we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. If we had 2 more winning teams on the schedule, we definitely wouldn't have made the playoffs.

    Sadly, this team really isn't any different. We can't keep depending on external factors to get better results because those factors won't always be in our favor.
    Kind of a meaningless post. It assumes a lot of things don't change which we know with 100% certainty is not true. Guys will improve, guys will get worse. Players are added and subtracted from all the teams in our division. You can speculate all you want about how good or not good we'll be but it's just that, speculation. Your speculation is no better or worse than mine or anyone else's on this board.

    For us it will come down to one thing: Josh Allen's development. Nothing in your posts takes into account the possibility he takes a big step forward. No guarantee he will. But he might. Until we see that all of what you've said is just hot air. If he doesn't we are truly screwed anyway so let's just hope he does.

  9. #109
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    23,742
    Thanks
    10,920
    Thanked 9,982 Times in 6,717 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    59

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    And if they ended up taking...say a CB or a safety in the 1st who was "just too good to pass up?" While waiting until, say the 4th round to take another WR because those in the 2nd and 3rd didn't have "value"?

    I think it is because I'm not sure of their talent evaluation capabilities on the offensive side of the ball that I'm more on board with this trade.

    The known commodity, who is a Pro Bowler, is the safe move here.
    He'd better catch north of 85 balls this season then. Period.

    Because I don't know how much of a known commodity he actually is. He's a known malcontent. That is known.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

    The Pegulas suck.

    Ban Jan Reimers for posting politics in the Bills forum.

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,193
    Thanks
    10,451
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Strides? I wish. It's still a great D being squandered by a struggling O. The team still beats the bottom feeders and struggles with the better teams. Those are the same things that have plagued this team for 20 years. The only difference was that we won 2-3 games more than usual as a result of a weaker schedule that we won't see again anytime soon.

    And they are favored to win the AFCE because the rest of the div is a disaster. NE's only offensive weapon last year was Brady, and he's gone. They still have a good D, but we know all too well what a good D with no offensive support gets. The Fish are easily two years behind us in their rebuild and the Jets.... well, they're the same dumpster fire they always are.

    If we had one more winning team on the schedule last year, we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. If we had 2 more winning teams on the schedule, we definitely wouldn't have made the playoffs.

    Sadly, this team really isn't any different. We can't keep depending on external factors to get better results because those factors won't always be in our favor.
    Blah...blah....blah...blah....

    Thank you for proving my point about the toxicity of your Bills cynicism.

  11. #111
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    23,742
    Thanks
    10,920
    Thanked 9,982 Times in 6,717 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    59

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Kind of a meaningless post. It assumes a lot of things don't change which we know with 100% certainty is not true. Guys will improve, guys will get worse. Players are added and subtracted from all the teams in our division. You can speculate all you want about how good or not good we'll be but it's just that, speculation. Your speculation is no better or worse than mine or anyone else's on this board.

    For us it will come down to one thing: Josh Allen's development. Nothing in your posts takes into account the possibility he takes a big step forward. No guarantee he will. But he might. Until we see that all of what you've said is just hot air. If he doesn't we are truly screwed anyway so let's just hope he does.
    Not sure why you're getting on OPV for speculating. We're in the middle of the off-season and in the middle of a lockdown. That's all any of us are doing. I think we all know it comes down to how Allen performs. He's clearly on the hot seat. Beane has set him up with the best possible line and WR group he could. It's a dreamlike group of WRs. Does Daboll factor in to the equation? Yeah sure. But I don't think he'll blow the shop like some think. He may not be Marchibroda, but he is not the worst OC the Bills have had. This is ALL on Allen. And I have my doubts. But we'll see. None of us can speed up the calendar. It's part of being a Bills fan. Wait and see. But OPV's right about all these posters and writers pointing out how the Bills get better because the rest of the AFC East getting worse. That is severe weaksauce. Allen either grows up this season or he's outta here. I guarantee you that's what Beane expects.

    That Houston game was awful embarrassing for Allen. 69.5% rating. He was awful.
    Last edited by Swiper; 04-06-2020 at 06:14 PM.

  12. #112
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    23,742
    Thanks
    10,920
    Thanked 9,982 Times in 6,717 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    59

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Blah...blah....blah...blah....

    Thank you for proving my point about the toxicity of your Bills cynicism.
    Thanks for adding nothing to the conversation as usual. Yours is a pathetic post.

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,193
    Thanks
    10,451
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Thanks for adding nothing to the conversation as usual. Yours is a pathetic post.
    Thank you for the kudos.

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,606
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Strides? I wish. It's still a great D being squandered by a struggling O. The team still beats the bottom feeders and struggles with the better teams. Those are the same things that have plagued this team for 20 years. The only difference was that we won 2-3 games more than usual as a result of a weaker schedule that we won't see again anytime soon.

    And they are favored to win the AFCE because the rest of the div is a disaster. NE's only offensive weapon last year was Brady, and he's gone. They still have a good D, but we know all too well what a good D with no offensive support gets. The Fish are easily two years behind us in their rebuild and the Jets.... well, they're the same dumpster fire they always are.

    If we had one more winning team on the schedule last year, we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. If we had 2 more winning teams on the schedule, we definitely wouldn't have made the playoffs.

    Sadly, this team really isn't any different. We can't keep depending on external factors to get better results because those factors won't always be in our favor.
    It's like talking to a brick wall. The Bills had trouble on offense, so what do they do? They get a top-10 WR, and it's like nothing ever happened. No, wait, the Bills added $10M to the cap and that's somehow an issue right now.

    And yes, the Bills are favored to win the AFCE because currently they're the best team. Previously the Cheaters were. That's how it goes and any team's dominance ends eventually. The Cheaters lasted far longer than any team ever should and thankfully that's over for awhile. Oh and the NFL added an extra playoff berth to help the Bills' chances.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 04-06-2020 at 09:52 PM.

  15. #115
    Registered User Ginger Vitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,006
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    19

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Oh and the NFL added an extra playoff berth to help the Bills' chances.
    And if the Bills ever won the SB as a 7th seed in OPVIs mind it would be a tainted SuperBowl and not legit lol

  16. #116
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    88,793
    Thanks
    9,944
    Thanked 18,709 Times in 9,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    248

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's like talking to a brick wall. The Bills had trouble on offense, so what do they do? They get a top-10 WR, and it's like nothing ever happened. No, wait, the Bills added $10M to the cap and that's somehow an issue right now.

    And yes, the Bills are favored to win the AFCE because currently they're the best team. Previously the Cheaters were. That's how it goes and any team's dominance ends eventually. The Cheaters lasted far longer than any team ever should and thankfully that's over for awhile. Oh and the NFL added an extra playoff berth to help the Bills' chances.
    The Bills are favored in the AFCE because they are the least bad team. Thatís a long way from being good.

    And do you even hear yourself? ďThe NFL added another team to the playoffs so it helps the Bills.Ē No, it rewards the same mediocrity that the Bills have been for the last 20 years. They just get better outcomes from the same mediocre performance.

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,193
    Thanks
    10,451
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    It's like talking to a brick wall. The Bills had trouble on offense, so what do they do? They get a top-10 WR, and it's like nothing ever happened. No, wait, the Bills added $10M to the cap and that's somehow an issue right now.

    And yes, the Bills are favored to win the AFCE because currently they're the best team. Previously the Cheaters were. That's how it goes and any team's dominance ends eventually. The Cheaters lasted far longer than any team ever should and thankfully that's over for awhile. Oh and the NFL added an extra playoff berth to help the Bills' chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    And if the Bills ever won the SB as a 7th seed in OPVIs mind it would be a tainted SuperBowl and not legit lol

  18. #118
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    88,793
    Thanks
    9,944
    Thanked 18,709 Times in 9,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    248

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    And if the Bills ever won the SB as a 7th seed in OPVIs mind it would be a tainted SuperBowl and not legit lol
    Wrong. The Nationals won the World Series as a Wild Card play-in team and I was happy as **** about that.

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,606
    Thanks
    1,752
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The Bills are favored in the AFCE because they are the least bad team. That’s a long way from being good.

    And do you even hear yourself? “The NFL added another team to the playoffs so it helps the Bills.” No, it rewards the same mediocrity that the Bills have been for the last 20 years. They just get better outcomes from the same mediocre performance.
    No genius, the Bills are favored to win the AFCE because they're a good team who made the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record (would have been 11-5 if they played their starters against the Jets), improved on both sides of the ball, and because the Cheaters are done. And they have the 12th best odds of winning the SB.

    And you missed the point, as usual. Adding an extra playoff teams helps their chances. Not that they should need them.

  20. #120
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    88,793
    Thanks
    9,944
    Thanked 18,709 Times in 9,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    248

    Re: Beane - "Diggs Is Our 1st Round Pick"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    No genius, the Bills are favored to win the AFCE because they're a good team who made the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record (would have been 11-5 if they played their starters against the Jets), improved on both sides of the ball, and because the Cheaters are done. And they have the 12th best odds of winning the SB.

    And you missed the point, as usual. Adding an extra playoff teams helps their chances. Not that they should need them.
    Oh they absolutely do need their chances helped.

    This is the same team with the same problems. You want to play the "What If" game? We would have been 9-7 and missed the playoffs if the Titans had started Tannehill over Mariotta. We would have been 9-7 if Mosley didn't get hurt in the first game against the Jets. Both of those things happen and we're 8-8. Maybe then we don't rest the starters in the finale but then we're back to 9-7 and still out of the playoffs.

    We lucked into an easy schedule last season. It was the same team that got better results because of external factors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •