Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: with other teams redesigning their jerseys is it time for the BILLS to go backtothese

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

with other teams redesigning their jerseys is it time for the BILLS to go backtothese

Thanks
    Thanked 18,720 Times in 9,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: with other teams redesigning their jerseys is it time for the BILLS to go backtot

Meh.

I like that style but I think we all have nostalgia for the jerseys the team wore when we were kids and/or when the team was playing well (well, except for the Sabres slug- everyone hates that even though the team was good for most of the Slug era).

It's not coming back though. There's no way the Bills go traditional when every other team is going more modern.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,733 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: with other teams redesigning their jerseys is it time for the BILLS to go backtot

The mid 60's bright blue jerseys were the best. Did not like the 90's jerseys.

The 60's jerseys had large numbers and were so easy to see from the stands at the Rockpile. Those home jerseys of the Chargers and Bills from that era will never be equaled.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1050_.jpg
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

too much Red.....the red should be subtle or not even there. The unis they have are great. Except the blue on blue which makes my head hurt

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GreedoII View Post
    too much Red.....the red should be subtle or not even there. The unis they have are great. Except the blue on blue which makes my head hurt
    Yeah I'm generally not a fan of the single color uni's for any team. White ones make the team look like an army of ice cream men, and the solid colors look like a 2nd tier NCAA program that came out with some ultra-modern unis with Nike or Under Armour to get free publicity and sell some jerseys without actually having to be good.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,395 Times in 2,718 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don’t care as long as those crappy multi colored ones stay dead. Light blue, nickel... piss off.

now let’s talk RED ENDZONES.... that is a topic.

sticking with color... is our Pink DE, Murphy gonna stick around?

Avenatti food tester Trumpa-Lumpa Rump Dumpa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lol

- - - Updated - - -

The 1964 uni including helmet should be the only one worn.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 807 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only iteration of our uniform that i truly loathe was the awful ones we had in the Tom Donahoe, Drew Bledsoe erra.

I absolutely LOVE our current uniforms with the White helmet. I also love our throwbacks. The 90s unis are fine, but i actually don't think there's much you can do to improve on what we have now. The Bills current unis are widely considered to be among the very best in all of pro sports. Almost every opinion piece i've seen ranking uniforms holds us in very high regard and for good reason.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    The only iteration of our uniform that i truly loathe was the awful ones we had in the Tom Donahoe, Drew Bledsoe erra.

I absolutely LOVE our current uniforms with the White helmet. I also love our throwbacks. The 90s unis are fine, but i actually don't think there's much you can do to improve on what we have now. The Bills current unis are widely considered to be among the very best in all of pro sports. Almost every opinion piece i've seen ranking uniforms holds us in very high regard and for good reason.
    I agree but the caveat it the all white or all blue... hate it

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, need a 90's throwback. Been begging for years
    Jeremy Cupp

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,670 Times in 6,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Their uniforms mean nothing to me. They could be bright yellow with red white and blue socks and a chicken wing on the helmet if they win SB's.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I always liked the road uni the best but I actually do like the blue/blue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Their uniforms mean nothing to me. They could be bright yellow with red white and blue socks and a chicken wing on the helmet if they win SB's.
    admit it... you loved the Bledsoe era unis.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,759 Times in 9,983 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    admit it... you loved the Bledsoe era unis.
    Ghastly.

However...if they ditched the hodgepodge of stripes on the pants, and made it one red stripe from armpit to sock,(ala Denver's navy with orange) they may have been passable.

And burn the road uniforms from that era.

I have an authentic Moulds road jersey that he autographed at his show, and it's so ugly, I refuse to display it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,240 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

no throw backs
    no single color
    how about something new and improved? Is that not possible in America anymore?

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not complaining, I like the jerseys we have now EXCEPT one thing that bothers me is the black, Bills colors are red white and blue
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 04-09-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No big deal to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,240 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

who dresses you in the morning lol

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The only uniform I absolutely hated were the Donahoe and Drew duds. Its not the Navy blue I hated. Its that they were way too damn busy, and its not that they were navy blue its that they had at least three shades of blue, different shades of red, nickel, and black and were way too ****ing busy (way too damn many stripes going every which way and sometimes at odds with each other and the color of the logo did not match the color of the jersey. Honestly, once the NFL lifts the one shell rule I would love to see the 80s variant of the Red helmet back (blue face mask and the two shoulder stripes). I could also go with a Navy version of the 1964 uniform as an alt.
    Personal Attacks on me, Attempts to enflame Me, and efforts to start escalation will no longer be tolerated by me and I will do my damndest not to encite you. IF you choose to follow your old troubled MO of trying to provoke me, bait me, troll me, and attack me, I am not going to respond to you. I will report you very quickly and have you very quickly dealt with by the mods because yes, the TOS apply to me and they do apply to you whether you like it or not. If you are confused about what the TOS are, click the link at the end of my signature. Familiarize yourself with it because I am done with you and you will learn very quickly that nobody is going to play the games that almost got the Spinzone permanently shuttered. So play your old games if you dare, but you and the accounts will be banned and I will go on being me.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-amp-Service

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Weird isn't it? Football is one of the most masculine things there is, then someone mentions jerseys and we turn into a bunch of nancies like it's an Andy Cohen panel show.

"Like, did you see the stitching on the new Falcons jersey? It totally clashes with the socks! But ooooooooooh the Bucs are going to look FAB- UUU- LOUS! They can swash buckle my mast any time!"