Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Stern interviews Tom Brady

Anyone wanna give the cliff notes lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Brady actually comes off as likeable. Stern as always a good interviewer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Brady was politically correct and not being completely honest with stern in a few football matters... stern tried to get Brady to admit he's pissed off at belichick but Brady wouldn't go there

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

also on Howard Stern Radio on SiriusXM

Thanks
    Thanked 9,997 Times in 6,727 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't do pay-for radio. Nothing is that important to pay for. And, besides, Stern's stuff shows up in various places to be seen for free soon after they squeeze as much money out of you dopes as they can.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Thanked 18,789 Times in 9,402 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I don't do pay-for radio. Nothing is that important to pay for. And, besides, Stern's stuff shows up in various places to be seen for free soon after they squeeze as much money out of you dopes as they can.
    There is NOTHING worse than FM radio. Tons of commercials, horrible repetitive song selection that ignores entire genres, annoying DJ's, FCC content regulations... I've been jumping through hoops to avoid it since I was in high school in the mid 90's. There's nothing worse than a bunch of corporate suits telling you which 10 songs you're allowed to hear between 20+ minutes of commercials every hour.

It's a terrible, dated format.

SiriusXM has definitely gone downhill over the years, but they have entire channels donated to music genres that FM doesn't even acknowledge. All of the music stations are basically commercial free (occasionally they'll plug a show on that specific channel or another channel that plays similar music, but that's it). There's tons of talk options, especially for sports. They even have MMA shows. There are dirty and clean comedy options. It's so much better than FM radio in every way, and it's really not that expensive because if you call and threaten to cancel, they'll basically give it to you for next to nothing. I think I paid $120 for a full year in two vehicles.

I will say that with all the podcasts and streaming music services and so many people having unlimited data on their phones, the need for SXM to get decent content is declining quickly. Even if you don't have unlimited data, you can download podcasts and music when connected to wifi then play them in the car. The only real advantage to SXM is it's already integrated into the vehicle so you don't have to hook up bluetooth or a cable or anything.

But for ****'s sake, I can't believe anyone is still listening to FM. It's such a terrible format. Hell, my first car only had a tape deck and I used to record all my CD's onto blank tape so I could listen to good music in the car. Even that was so liberating compared to FM. If I still lived in WNY, I MIGHT listen to local sports talk, but other than that, it's a terrible, useless format.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,997 Times in 6,727 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    There is NOTHING worse than FM radio. Tons of commercials, horrible repetitive song selection that ignores entire genres, annoying DJ's, FCC content regulations... I've been jumping through hoops to avoid it since I was in high school in the mid 90's. There's nothing worse than a bunch of corporate suits telling you which 10 songs you're allowed to hear between 20+ minutes of commercials every hour.

It's a terrible, dated format.

SiriusXM has definitely gone downhill over the years, but they have entire channels donated to music genres that FM doesn't even acknowledge. All of the music stations are basically commercial free (occasionally they'll plug a show on that specific channel or another channel that plays similar music, but that's it). There's tons of talk options, especially for sports. They even have MMA shows. There are dirty and clean comedy options. It's so much better than FM radio in every way, and it's really not that expensive because if you call and threaten to cancel, they'll basically give it to you for next to nothing. I think I paid $120 for a full year in two vehicles.

I will say that with all the podcasts and streaming music services and so many people having unlimited data on their phones, the need for SXM to get decent content is declining quickly. Even if you don't have unlimited data, you can download podcasts and music when connected to wifi then play them in the car. The only real advantage to SXM is it's already integrated into the vehicle so you don't have to hook up bluetooth or a cable or anything.

But for ****'s sake, I can't believe anyone is still listening to FM. It's such a terrible format. Hell, my first car only had a tape deck and I used to record all my CD's onto blank tape so I could listen to good music in the car. Even that was so liberating compared to FM. If I still lived in WNY, I MIGHT listen to local sports talk, but other than that, it's a terrible, useless format.
    Did I say I was doing that?

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,670 Times in 6,931 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't find the exact quote, but in the middle of his career or so, Brady said something to the effect that he's not that good and has to compensate by working harder to make up for it. I'll always remember him for that.

They sort of aggravate me for having been our curse, but I respect both Brady and Belichick, and sort of like them. Sorry Yardrat. I know it makes you grind your teeth.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What I took away was Giselle was unhappy so there might be a chance for me to make my move. The ultimate revenge against Tom Brady!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    What I took away was Giselle was unhappy so there might be a chance for me to make my move. The ultimate revenge against Tom Brady!
    Get some pics....

One Now
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Over 2 hours. Good stuff about Belichek and moving to Tampa

https://youtu.be/fA53wSr7JtY
    Thanks. Tried to thank you formally, but there was a database error. >< I guess it's a known issue with thanking people atm?

Anyway, I listened to this whole thing on YT, the original link is dead, but just search for it on YT and you should still find it. The first 15 mins they have trouble with internet connection using video and audio -- the connection freezes and Brady goes silent a few times -- but they move to just a phone interview after 15 mins or so, and no issues from then on.

Some not so interesting stuff, but some rare insights into Brady's life and attitude. I agree that Brady was naturally being very safe with most of his answers. He's been in the spotlight enough to know not to say anything stupid, but still interesting to hear his take on some personal stuff, etc.

He said he drinks "hundreds" of ounces of water a day. I've read you really don't need to drink THAT much water... I mean ten 8 oz glasses a day is 80 ounces, and he said "hundreds"??? Unless he was exaggerating. =p -- I do get that he works out a lot and needs to replenish his fluids, etc. But still, I think he's a little quirky about some of that stuff. Hey, whatever works I guess. )))
    Last edited by Kaziganth; 04-13-2020 at 06:27 PM.