Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills Attempted to Trade Up for Zack Moss

Avenatti food tester Trumpa-Lumpa Rump Dumpa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Attempted to Trade Up for Zack Moss

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Cleveland is completely irrelevant to us not solving our problems.
    Completely irrelevant to you, you mean.

Your take on problem solving seems to put a premium on talent acquisition and seems to ignore coaching, culture, training, game planning, etc. you just don’t go find these things in your kitchen, Freddie.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,293 Times in 9,664 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpa-Lumpa Rump Dumpa View Post
    Completely irrelevant to you, you mean.

Your take on problem solving seems to put a premium on talent acquisition and seems to ignore coaching, culture, training, game planning, etc. you just don’t go find these things in your kitchen, Freddie.
    Well we have the same coaching, culture and game planning as last year since there weren't any major changes in the coaching staff. No one can train right now, but even if we could, with the same people in charge, there's no reason to believe it would be any different than the past 3 years.

Every off-season since the history of this message board, there's some glaring hole that the team doesn't address, and I get people on here telling me that it'll be fine because of "continuity" or "player improvement." And I'm not going to say that those things never happened, but they've never happened at a level sufficient to actually solve the problem and make the team competitive. It comes off as just a way for people to put their head in the sand over the summer and not face the reality that we're going into next season with a lot of the same major flaws that plagued us last season.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,436 Times in 4,978 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    It's a **** roster with very few needs. And we're talking about a day two pick on something we all knew we'd need (a power back). I don't get the controversy about trading up. We have way more picks than we need. This isn't 2018. The roster is largely made.
    .what OP is saying is that Beane should have the same crystal ball to know whether their guy is there when it's time for them to pick. All GM should know and its doent matter if you're giving up a 5th -7th pick to so so.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-15-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did the rest of you watch the same team I did?
    Yeah, we did. We saw a team that was lacking a true #1 WR (or #2 WR if you prefer), which cost them dearly in the playoff game. Did you watch what the team did during FA?
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    .what OP is saying is that Beane should have the same crystal ball to know whether their guy is there when it's time for them to pick. All GM should know and its doent matter if you're giving up a 5th -7th pick to so so.
    Yeah. If you want a player and look to trade up for him, you're a fool because you can always get him at your original position. Always. And those who trade up are fools.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well we have the same coaching, culture and game planning as last year since there weren't any major changes in the coaching staff. No one can train right now, but even if we could, with the same people in charge, there's no reason to believe it would be any different than the past 3 years.

Every off-season since the history of this message board, there's some glaring hole that the team doesn't address, and I get people on here telling me that it'll be fine because of "continuity" or "player improvement." And I'm not going to say that those things never happened, but they've never happened at a level sufficient to actually solve the problem and make the team competitive. It comes off as just a way for people to put their head in the sand over the summer and not face the reality that we're going into next season with a lot of the same major flaws that plagued us last season.
    Truth be told it is usually November when my head goes into the sand. Players are training right now. I did post that there is some statistical significance to coach and qb continuity. Your comment on that was more along the lines of saying it is not the end all be all of correlative or causal relationships. And I didn’t say it was. Maybe that’s the insight you can take away. You’re perhaps more convinced that there is a single factor that determines improvement. You may not be wrong. But I think it’s easy to find there are multiple factors to success, even luck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Yeah. If you want a player and look to trade up for him, you're a fool because you can always get him at your original position. Always. And those who trade up are fools.
    Yes and you already know you can get them for cheaper. So why? WHY FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET
    MARY AND BABY JESUS WHYYYYYYYYYY????!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OP wants a repeat of JP losman .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    OP wants a repeat of JP losman .
    No, I think he'd rather be a miserable Debbie Downer but is now finding fewer and fewer things to complain about. So he makes dumb excuses or statements and then bristles when he gets called-out on them.

10. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (05-15-2020)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,991 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whatever. It happens to all the teams.

It's just like outbidding the Pats and others for Diggs. Still left the Bills with 7 picks after signing a lot in Vet FA, prior to the draft.

Every off-season, I view the players they send packing, then add up all the FA signings and draft picks.

I do not give a low grade to a solid vet FA and a high value to a day 3 pick who's % of making any impact in this league is 30-40 %...tops. It should be the polar opposite. The formula for winning has changed, in case some didn't notice. When you're paying 6-8 core guys the majority of your cap, the long term development of a 5th, 6th rounder isn't anywhere near the top. The teams that need those picks are desperate to fill out a roster, due to screwing up the cap.

GM's also think 2-3 years ahead, looking at contracts. They don't explain it to us.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, we did. We saw a team that was lacking a true #1 WR (or #2 WR if you prefer), which cost them dearly in the playoff game. Did you watch what the team did during FA?
    And lacking an OL and an accurate QB... but hey, who needs those, right?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, I think he'd rather be a miserable Debbie Downer but is now finding fewer and fewer things to complain about. So he makes dumb excuses or statements and then bristles when he gets called-out on them.
    Called out? You guys are the ones defending the GM's attempt at a mistake, not me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And lacking an OL and an accurate QB... but hey, who needs those, right?
    The QB and OL were good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs with 2 games in hand to spare, and take a division winner to OT on the road in the playoffs. Despite no real #1/2 WR and a washed-up backup RB who was splitting carries. But wait, that was just the schedule. Ah but look at that, they're favored in 12 of their games this season.

Called out? You guys are the ones defending the GM's attempt at a mistake, not me.
    LOL! There was no mistake at all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the Chiefs trading up for Mahomes was clearly a huge mistake. He would have been there if they stayed.

Same with Tampa trading up to take Brooks. He would've been there when they picked.

9ers trading up to get Rice. Cowboys trading up to get Emmitt....all mistakes.

They only won superbowls with those players. Bums!

Should've checked with OPiv crystal ball
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-15-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The QB and OL were good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs with 2 games in hand to spare, and take a division winner to OT on the road in the playoffs. Despite no real #1/2 WR and a washed-up backup RB who was splitting carries. But wait, that was just the schedule. Ah but look at that, they're favored in 12 of their games this season.

LOL! There was no mistake at all.
    There was no mistake because the GM's that wouldn't trade with him saved him from himself.

And we made the playoffs in SPITE of the QB and OL because of the easy schedule and because of a very good D. Do the same thing, get the same results. A team that was 1-5 against teams over .500 is more than 1 WR away.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,558 Times in 2,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So now we are judging people on things they've thought about maybe doing?

Cool.

What a joke

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    So now we are judging people on things they've thought about maybe doing?

Cool.

What a joke
    He didn't just think about it or maybe do it. He actually tried to do it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpa-Lumpa Rump Dumpa View Post
    Truth be told it is usually November when my head goes into the sand. Players are training right now. I did post that there is some statistical significance to coach and qb continuity. Your comment on that was more along the lines of saying it is not the end all be all of correlative or causal relationships. And I didn’t say it was. Maybe that’s the insight you can take away. You’re perhaps more convinced that there is a single factor that determines improvement. You may not be wrong. But I think it’s easy to find there are multiple factors to success, even luck.
    Well luck is definitely a factor. I think we had a lot of good luck last year. Easy schedule, no major injuries. Historically though, luck has not been kind to us. And it's not something we can control either way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There was no mistake because the GM's that wouldn't trade with him saved him from himself.

And we made the playoffs in SPITE of the QB and OL because of the easy schedule and because of a very good D. Do the same thing, get the same results. A team that was 1-5 against teams over .500 is more than 1 WR away.
    Yup, there was no mistake. He wanted a guy bad enough to trade up for him, couldn't, and still got him. How great is that?

No, the team made the playoffs. That includes QB and OL. They upgraded the team over the off-season and as a result, the oddsmakers favor them in 12 of their games next year. I'd say 12-4 would be a good record and an improvement over last year.

Well luck is definitely a factor. I think we had a lot of good luck last year. Easy schedule, no major injuries. Historically though, luck has not been kind to us. And it's not something we can control either way.
    And "luck" has never been a factor in the Bills missing the playoffs during that 17 year period? Cool story, bro.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yup, there was no mistake. He wanted a guy bad enough to trade up for him, couldn't, and still got him. How great is that?

No, the team made the playoffs. That includes QB and OL. They upgraded the team over the off-season and as a result, the oddsmakers favor them in 12 of their games next year. I'd say 12-4 would be a good record and an improvement over last year.

It's not great- it's dumb luck. Luck that no one would trade with him, luck that no one else picked him.

Yes, 12-4 with this schedule would be a huge improvement. But we'll never get there. We will be lucky to equal last year's record.

And they upgraded one position. I don't know why you think a team that was 1-5 against winning teams is one WR away.

And yes, they made it in SPITE of the OL and QB, not BECAUSE of them. The D covered the O's ass all season.