Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills Attempted to Trade Up for Zack Moss

Thanks
    Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,628 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills Attempted to Trade Up for Zack Moss

https-::www.buffalorumblings.com:202014:21245072:buffalo-bills-attempted-to-trade-up-for-utah-rb-zack-moss-per-brandon-beane

As it ultimately turned out, the second day of the 2020 NFL Draft was the best time to draft a running back. Out of the 18 tailbacks drafted, half were selected in rounds two and three. That situation had Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane sweating at his home draft headquarters as he reportedly had a decent grade on the teamís eventual third-round selection,Zack Moss.

ďYeah, the second one was much more stressful, to be honest with you,Ē said Beane. ďWe had Moss in a pretty good spot up there. Once those other backs, there was starting to be a little mini run on backs. I was worried about him. Fortunately, we actually were making some calls. Heís a guy that I felt fit a need, but we had a little higher than where we got him. Iím not saying we had him in the first round or anything like that, Iím just saying he was sticking out on the board. And as Iíve tried to explain to you guys before, if I got a guy thatís sticking out on the board with a need, Iím going to try to go get them.Ē

During a post-draft interview with several members of the media, Beane not only revealed that he was nervous the team wouldnít be able to select Moss, but that he had a high enough grade on the runner from Utah that he was making calls to possibly execute a trade up for him in return for a day three pick:
    https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days (Official Video)

https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=77gKSp8WoRg

Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown (Official Video)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 9,634 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Attempted to Trade Up for Zack Moss

So basically Beane tried to move up for a guy he was able to get by staying put. The other GM's saved him from his own mistake.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,419 Times in 4,967 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    So basically Beane tried to move up for a guy he was able to get by staying put. The other GM's saved him from his own mistake.
    lol. Still finding issues in everything the bills do where there isnt one.

4. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (05-14-2020),Novacane (05-17-2020),YardRat (05-14-2020)

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 679 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

but but but what did those GMS see that ours did not? Dun dun dun!!!
    Personal Attacks on me, Attempts to enflame Me, and efforts to start escalation will no longer be tolerated by me and I will do my damndest not to encite you. IF you choose to follow your old troubled MO of trying to provoke me, bait me, troll me, and attack me, I am not going to respond to you. I will report you very quickly and have you very quickly dealt with by the mods because yes, the TOS apply to me and they do apply to you whether you like it or not. If you are confused about what the TOS are, click the link at the end of my signature. Familiarize yourself with it because I am done with you and you will learn very quickly that nobody is going to play the games that almost got the Spinzone permanently shuttered. So play your old games if you dare, but you and the accounts will be banned and I will go on being me.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-amp-Service

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    lol. Still finding issues in everything the bills do where there isnt one.
    You don't think a GM trading up for a guy who he can get by staying put is an issue? Wow.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,966 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You don't think a GM trading up for a guy who he can get by staying put is an issue? Wow.
    Yeah, stupid Beane. He should have looked at his crystal ball to see that Moss would have been available with their original 3rd rounder.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

8. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-17-2020),Novacane (05-17-2020),The last buffalo fan (05-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beane does want to trade up like every round every year. The difference this year is he tried and failed 3 times. Someone needs to drop a valium in his coffee on draft day

10. Post thanked by:

doormatt (05-14-2020),The last buffalo fan (05-14-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

nope. If the sole intention or goal to get they guy they WANT , it doesnt matter how he gets them . Goal achieved.

12. Post thanked by:

THE END OF ALL DAYS (05-14-2020),The last buffalo fan (05-14-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Beane does want to trade up like every round every year. The difference this year is he tried and failed 3 times. Someone needs to drop a valium in his coffee on draft day
    he's not giving up the farm to do so. I would rather they get the guy they want than settle for someone they didnt really like like we did with Jp Losman and EJ Manuel.
    He also stated, they want guys they think can make the team since there's only so much roster spots
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.

14. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (05-14-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It means we probably had the best draft without a 1st rounder ever.

Diggs was worth the 1st by any measure.

SUCCESS MAJOR LEAGUE STYLE!

16. Post thanked by:

THE END OF ALL DAYS (05-14-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    It means we probably had the best draft without a 1st rounder ever.

Diggs was worth the 1st by any measure.

SUCCESS MAJOR LEAGUE STYLE!
    Looks like to me .... on paper.

Let's prepare, wait and produce.

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    Looks like to me .... on paper.

Let's prepare, wait and produce.

It is our time.

Work Work Work and kick some A.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

nope. If the sole intention or goal to get they guy they WANT , it doesnt matter how he gets them . Goal achieved.
    Oh ok. So, if you need a new car and you walk into a car dealership and say "I'll give you $25,000 for that car" and the dealer sells it to you, then you find the original sticker price in the glove compartment, and it was only $20,000, no big deal right? Goal achieved- you got a car. **** the $5k you wasted...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whatever the market will bear?

I'd ask you for $30,000.00

We had an outstanding draft and we had a little luck.

Rather be lucky than good, no worries we have both.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh ok. So, if you need a new car and you walk into a car dealership and say "I'll give you $25,000 for that car" and the dealer sells it to you, then you find the original sticker price in the glove compartment, and it was only $20,000, no big deal right? Goal achieved- you got a car. **** the $5k you wasted...
    you analogy is, you wanted to buy a car for 20K and they wouldnt sell it to you for that price and so you waited and fot it for 15K . How the hell is that a mistake?

Even if you paid 20K you got the car you wanted. I would also rather pay 20k for a Honda that I wanted than pay 15K for a ford fiesta.

Either ways they got what they wanted and you're crying about it
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-14-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fate shined on us & you see it as a unforced error.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you analogy is, you wanted to buy a car for 20K and they wouldnt sell it to you for that price and so you waited and fot it for 15K . How the hell is that a mistake?

Even if you paid 20K you got the car you wanted. I would also rather pay 20k for a Honda that I wanted than pay 15K for a ford fiesta.

Either ways they got what they wanted and you're crying about it
    My analogy is if he was able to trade up and pay more for the player than he had to. Since he wasn't able to trade up, the actual analogy would be the dealer refusing to sell it to you for $25k so you go somewhere else and get it for $20k. If the first dealer had sold it to you for that price, you would have lost $5k cuz you offered more than it was worth.

That's what Beane did

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    Fate shined on us & you see it as a unforced error.
    lmao. You're relying on fate? Yeah, fate's been real kind to us over the years....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,966 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you think it's a really good car and don't want to chance losing-out on it, sure you pay the premium. If you can afford the lost $5K and the car turns out to be as good as you thought, yeah, no biggee.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    If you think it's a really good car and don't want to chance losing-out on it, sure you pay the premium. If you can afford the lost $5K and the car turns out to be as good as you thought, yeah, no biggee.
    Lmao. No OL help. No first round pick because we traded it for a WR, then proceeded to draft two more WR's. Drafted a kicker. We couldn't afford it because we spent almost half our draft on one position, drafted a position that we could have filled in UDFA and ignored the second biggest need.

This site drives me crazy sometimes. When the Bills need a running back, it's all about how RB's are easy to find. But when the Bills are trying to pay a premium so they don't miss out on an RB, somehow that's acceptable. So which is it? Are RB's easy to find, or is it worth paying a premium to not miss out on an RB?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lmao. No OL help. No first round pick because we traded it for a WR, then proceeded to draft two more WR's. Drafted a kicker. We couldn't afford it because we spent almost half our draft on one position, drafted a position that we could have filled in UDFA and ignored the second biggest need.

This site drives me crazy sometimes. When the Bills need a running back, it's all about how RB's are easy to find. But when the Bills are trying to pay a premium so they don't miss out on an RB, somehow that's acceptable. So which is it? Are RB's easy to find, or is it worth paying a premium to not miss out on an RB?
    Beane simply wouldn't give up the farm, so held his ground and got lucky. I call trying good management, so what if he gave up then got lucky. That's like I worked a deal on a Ford then a BMW came in while I was signing papers and it was the same price and higher value so I bought that one. I see no fault. I think you're nit picking a bit here.
    Turn off social media. Find life.