Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,763
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    The Bills did NOT overpay. The 21st pick for a top-10 WR? Pshaw.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

  2. Post thanked by:

    notacon (06-03-2020)

  3. #22
    Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 200 Times in 116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.
    We had to give up draft capital to compensate for Diggs being locked into a very reasonable and crap friendly contract relative to what Amari Cooper just got signed for and what Hopkins is going to make.

  4. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (06-03-2020)

  5. #23
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,229
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    We had to give up draft capital to compensate for Diggs being locked into a very reasonable and crap friendly contract relative to what Amari Cooper just got signed for and what Hopkins is going to make.
    True!

    It's easy to grin When your ship
    comes in And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat.

    ~Smails ~

    https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=77gKSp8WoRg

    Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown (Official Video)

  6. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,763
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    If you believe the Bills were going to use their 1st rounder on a WR, and that they have a good and pretty **** team where all the rookies weren't going to make it anyway, especially the late-rounders they traded-away, you shouldn't have a problem with what they gave up to get Diggs. Forget looking at what other teams did or didn't do. And while we obviously wish the Bills could have gotten him for less, the Vikings weren't going to accept the 54th pick for him.

  7. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (06-03-2020)

  8. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,568
    Thanks
    10,955
    Thanked 7,164 Times in 4,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    46

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    If you believe the Bills were going to use their 1st rounder on a WR, and that they have a good and pretty **** team where all the rookies weren't going to make it anyway, especially the late-rounders they traded-away, you shouldn't have a problem with what they gave up to get Diggs. Forget looking at what other teams did or didn't do. And while we obviously wish the Bills could have gotten him for less, the Vikings weren't going to accept the 54th pick for him.
    The history of the NFL draft has a not insignificant percentage of first round picks either becoming monumental busts, or who's performance is no where near the price of a first round pick.

    Diggs is a known entity and already is one of the best receiver in the NFL. Everyone knows what we are getting. Not so much with the other six WR's picked in the first round this year.

    The old saying...."A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is rather apropos.

  9. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (06-03-2020)

  10. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,763
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The history of the NFL draft has a not insignificant percentage of first round picks either becoming monumental busts, or who's performance is no where near the price of a first round pick.

    Diggs is a known entity and already is one of the best receiver in the NFL. Everyone knows what we are getting. Not so much with the other six WR's picked in the first round this year.

    The old saying...."A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is rather apropos.
    Yeah and I don't get those who say the Bills paid too much, especially if they believed the Bills would be, and were OK with them, using a 1st round pick on a WR. Even moreso if all they were left with at 22 (or 21 which is what the picks were worth) were Reagor and Jefferson. I could give a rip about the 5th and 6th this year or the 4th next year.

  11. #27
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,229
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The history of the NFL draft has a not insignificant percentage of first round picks either becoming monumental busts, or who's performance is no where near the price of a first round pick.

    Diggs is a known entity and already is one of the best receiver in the NFL. Everyone knows what we are getting. Not so much with the other six WR's picked in the first round this year.

    The old saying...."A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is rather apropos.


    We made a move and it will pay dividends.

  12. Post thanked by:

    Goobylal (06-03-2020)

  13. #28
    Registered User Buffalo Billy Bison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Sioux Falls, So. Dakota
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    That says it all! The tape will give you the rest of what you need on Diggs!
    11-5 in 2020 and **** into the Playoffs!

  14. #29
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,229
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Yeah and I don't get those who say the Bills paid too much, especially if they believed the Bills would be, and were OK with them, using a 1st round pick on a WR. Even moreso if all they were left with at 22 (or 21 which is what the picks were worth) were Reagor and Jefferson. I could give a rip about the 5th and 6th this year or the 4th next year.
    Bravo we made a big move!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •