Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

  1. #1
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,381
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,656 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs


    https-::www.newyorkupstate.com:buffalo-bills:2020:05:what-vikings-hc-said-about-new-buffalo-bills-wr-stefon-diggs.html


    “Honestly, Diggs did not have to go,” Zimmer said. “We really didn’t have any intention of trading him. Quite honestly, he put out a couple tweets, and there were some things going on there. But Stefon worked extremely hard. He practices like crazy. He wants the ball like all receivers do. Really, what happened was, Buffalo came in and gave us all those picks. And we were up against it in the salary cap. So we just felt like we could save some money, get a bunch of picks, maybe get a young receiver like (Justin Jefferson) that we got. So, I wish him well. He’s a good kid. He worked hard for me.”

    Diggs is coming off of back-to-back 1,000-plus yard seasons with the Vikings and should give the Bills the No. 1 threat they lacked in 2019. Although Covid-19 has delayed Diggs’ arrival in Buffalo, he was finally able to get together with the Bills offense in the last two days as the unit practiced together in Florida.

  2. #2
    Well, lookie here...
    YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    70,675
    Thanks
    21,224
    Thanked 22,604 Times in 12,646 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    199

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  3. Post thanked by:

    Swiper (05-31-2020),The last buffalo fan (06-01-2020)

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,772
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.
    You can't compare it to what Hopkins fetched. David Johnson was also traded and for all we know Bill O'Brien thinks he's worth a 2nd rounder.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

  5. Post thanked by:

    notacon (05-31-2020)

  6. #4
    Skoobasaurus-Rex Skooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    19,541
    Thanks
    11,627
    Thanked 4,515 Times in 3,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    50

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Anybody wanna bet Josh throws for 4,000 + yards this season ?? We just added the guys to get him there, 4,500 is possible with 4,750 on the outside.

  7. Post thanked by:

    Jan Reimers (05-31-2020)

  8. #5
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    24,040
    Thanks
    11,089
    Thanked 10,116 Times in 6,810 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    What YardRat said.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

  9. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,772
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    What YardRat said.
    I disagree. Considering the picks they gave up worked-out to the 21st pick in this year's draft, which corresponded to the 4th best WR, it was the right move. Diggs is a proven top-10, maybe top-5, WR in his prime. A rookie is wholly unproven and will be additionally hindered by the lack of off-season activities this year.

  10. Post thanked by:

    justasportsfan (05-31-2020),notacon (05-31-2020),yordad (06-03-2020)

  11. #7
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,381
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,656 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    We did pay a high price but it was time to S or get off the pot, we made the right move in my judgement.



  12. Post thanked by:

    Jimkelly12203 (05-31-2020)

  13. #8
    Registered User justasportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bundoks
    Posts
    62,708
    Thanks
    2,780
    Thanked 8,445 Times in 4,986 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    238

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I disagree. Considering the picks they gave up worked-out to the 21st pick in this year's draft, which corresponded to the 4th best WR, it was the right move. Diggs is a proven top-10, maybe top-5, WR in his prime. A rookie is wholly unproven and will be additionally hindered by the lack of off-season activities this year.
    agreed. Dont think we overpaid . It s more like Zona got a steal.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-31-2020 at 10:43 AM.

  14. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,772
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    agreed. Dont think we overpaid . It s more like Zona got a steal.
    Yup. Bill O'Brien is a terrible GM.

  15. #10
    Registered User Jimkelly12203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    2,519
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 824 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    9

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.
    It was the right move. We had draft capital in spades for a team where few rookies will even make the roster.

    Our biggest position of need was one where 1st year players tend to struggle. Everything about what we paid made sense. You have to strike while the iron is hot. The iron is hot for two reasons.

    1. Allen is still cheap (if we're lucky, not for long).

    2. The eggs are all in the Josh Allen basket.

    No one knows if he's going to elevate himself to the level he needs to in order for us to get to the promised land, but THATs THE GAMBLE YOU MUST TAKE. And that's the gamble we have taken.

    Holding on to picks for players that won't even make the team or won't help us RIGHT NOW, would be pointless. We needed a true #1 WR. We did what we had to do to get it using assets that could not have been spent better elsewhere.

    Even if this draft had a Randy Moss in it, are you telling me John Brown is as good as Chris Carter? Moss's rookie year was an extreme anomaly. You had a ridiculous one trick (at the time) rookie WR opposite one of the best veteran WRs to ever play the game. John Brown is great. But he's not Chris Carter. We had to get a monster veteran WR for this to pay off. And hey, maybe it won't. But the gamble and buying price here were both 100% appropriate.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!


  16. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,450
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 884 Times in 549 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.


    We didnt even come close to over paying for diggs. You have to compare what the market normally is like


    Cooks got traded 3 times for 2 firsts and a second
    Sanu was had for a 2nd
    Sammy we traded up to for 2 firsts
    Sammy was traded for a second after that

    Diggs was traded for a 1st (22) and a couple day 3 picks

    It makes sense
    Please excuse my dumb and pointless topics and posts, i more than likely will not be sober for any of them

  17. Post thanked by:

    Woodman (06-10-2020)

  18. #12
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,381
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,656 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    It was the right move. We had draft capital in spades for a team where few rookies will even make the roster.

    Our biggest position of need was one where 1st year players tend to struggle. Everything about what we paid made sense. You have to strike while the iron is hot. The iron is hot for two reasons.

    1. Allen is still cheap (if we're lucky, not for long).

    2. The eggs are all in the Josh Allen basket.

    No one knows if he's going to elevate himself to the level he needs to in order for us to get to the promised land, but THATs THE GAMBLE YOU MUST TAKE. And that's the gamble we have taken.

    Holding on to picks for players that won't even make the team or won't help us RIGHT NOW, would be pointless. We needed a true #1 WR. We did what we had to do to get it using assets that could not have been spent better elsewhere.

    Even if this draft had a Randy Moss in it, are you telling me John Brown is as good as Chris Carter? Moss's rookie year was an extreme anomaly. You had a ridiculous one trick (at the time) rookie WR opposite one of the best veteran WRs to ever play the game. John Brown is great. But he's not Chris Carter. We had to get a monster veteran WR for this to pay off. And hey, maybe it won't. But the gamble and buying price here were both 100% appropriate.
    Excellent!

  19. #13
    Dances With Buffaloes Ingtar33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11,985
    Thanks
    682
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    49

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.
    I think that Hopkins is more a result of Houston being run by a ship of fools then the bills getting fleeced by the vikings.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

    MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

  20. Post thanked by:

    Goobylal (06-02-2020),Haile SpikedLemonade (06-02-2020),The last buffalo fan (06-02-2020),Woodman (06-10-2020)

  21. #14
    Well, lookie here...
    YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    70,675
    Thanks
    21,224
    Thanked 22,604 Times in 12,646 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    199

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    We didnt even come close to over paying for diggs. You have to compare what the market normally is like


    Cooks got traded 3 times for 2 firsts and a second
    Sanu was had for a 2nd
    Sammy we traded up to for 2 firsts
    Sammy was traded for a second after that

    Diggs was traded for a 1st (22) and a couple day 3 picks

    It makes sense
    Cooks averages out to less than a first round pick.
    Sanu is less than a first round pick.
    Sammy One was a rookie draft pick so he isn't even part of the market, and technically the trade for a draft position not a player (again, a different market)
    Sammy Two was less than a first round pick.

    So actually, given the information provided, a first and a couple of day 3 picks is over-paying relative to the market.

  22. #15
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,618
    Thanks
    846
    Thanked 4,036 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Everyone has said what they need to say about the trade. I wouldn't have given that much but the guy is here and he's a Bill. Time to forget everything except what he does for us on the field. The only way this topic comes up again is if the guy either plays like Randy Moss and the guys that loved the deal need to rub that in everyone's face or Allen is still throwing wild **** balls and Diggs goes diva on us and we're looking for an escape hatch. Just hoping for the best.

  23. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (06-02-2020)

  24. #16
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,381
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,656 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    We are all officially Diggs fans now welcome to the Bills family.


  25. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (06-03-2020)

  26. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,772
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Everyone has said what they need to say about the trade. I wouldn't have given that much but the guy is here and he's a Bill. Time to forget everything except what he does for us on the field. The only way this topic comes up again is if the guy either plays like Randy Moss and the guys that loved the deal need to rub that in everyone's face or Allen is still throwing wild **** balls and Diggs goes diva on us and we're looking for an escape hatch. Just hoping for the best.
    People keep saying this. How much would you have given? Would you have even made the trade? Did the later-round picks bother you? Was it the 1st rounder? Do you think the 54th pick in the draft would have been enough to get him?

  27. #18
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,381
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,656 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    I think that Hopkins is more a result of Houston being run by a ship of fools then the bills getting fleeced by the vikings.
    This.

  28. #19
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,618
    Thanks
    846
    Thanked 4,036 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    35

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    People keep saying this. How much would you have given? Would you have even made the trade? Did the later-round picks bother you? Was it the 1st rounder? Do you think the 54th pick in the draft would have been enough to get him?
    There was another thread on this, you can look up my posts if you care. Not typing any more about this

  29. #20
    Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    2,545
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 704 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    6

    Re: What Vikings HC said about new Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    We overpaid for Diggs (especially considering what Zona gave up for Hopkins just before) but if it works out as hoped nobody will care.

    But just barely. We basically took a proven commodity as our first round pick and we still picked lots of other people, and while I don't like the idea of picks next year as well, Diggs was worth it. If he, Brown, Beasely, and Allen jell then he will be well worth the price.
    Personal Attacks on me, Attempts to enflame Me, and efforts to start escalation will no longer be tolerated by me and I will do my damndest not to encite you. IF you choose to follow your old troubled MO of trying to provoke me, bait me, troll me, and attack me, I am not going to respond to you. I will report you very quickly and have you very quickly dealt with by the mods because yes, the TOS apply to me and they do apply to you whether you like it or not. If you are confused about what the TOS are, click the link at the end of my signature. Familiarize yourself with it because I am done with you and you will learn very quickly that nobody is going to play the games that almost got the Spinzone permanently shuttered. So play your old games if you dare, but you and the accounts will be banned and I will go on being me.

    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-amp-Service

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •