Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pats Collapse?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 898 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pats Collapse?

I still remember when the Lawyer Milloy incident was going to mark the end of Bill B. "LOST THE LOCKER ROOM."

HAHAHAHA

2. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (05-31-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,966 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    Bellichick wins by defenses that are hard as hell to score on, and by filming in real time what your defense is doing and feeding that info to his QB. Its why you always play close in the first game when he doesn't have as much footage on you and then proceeds to jack you up in the second meeting when he has film of you.
    The problem is, you still need an offense. And one with a good QB. To claim Brady is just a system QB is a joke. The guy still has to read defenses, identify the open guy and deliver a pass. Stidham's a nobody and the Cheaters suffered another big loss in Dante Scarnecchia, their master OL coach, retiring for good.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 9,634 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    The problem is, you still need an offense. And one with a good QB. To claim Brady is just a system QB is a joke. The guy still has to read defenses, identify the open guy and deliver a pass. Stidham's a nobody and the Cheaters suffered another big loss in Dante Scarnecchia, their master OL coach, retiring for good.
    This is just dumb. A system QB by definition plays in a system that is designed to make the reads as easy as possible, which is the same as identifying the open guy. And every QB in the NFL can deliver a pass. If they couldn’t, they wouldn’t be in the NFL. Just like when evaluating the Bills, you start with the conclusion you want and work backwards, instead of looking at the actual evidence before coming to a conclusion.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 679 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In 2001, the Pats went to the Superbowl and beat a highly favored team utilizing a QB who was a nobody that was a collegiate backup taken in the 6th round after their rockstar QB got injured
    Personal Attacks on me, Attempts to enflame Me, and efforts to start escalation will no longer be tolerated by me and I will do my damndest not to encite you. IF you choose to follow your old troubled MO of trying to provoke me, bait me, troll me, and attack me, I am not going to respond to you. I will report you very quickly and have you very quickly dealt with by the mods because yes, the TOS apply to me and they do apply to you whether you like it or not. If you are confused about what the TOS are, click the link at the end of my signature. Familiarize yourself with it because I am done with you and you will learn very quickly that nobody is going to play the games that almost got the Spinzone permanently shuttered. So play your old games if you dare, but you and the accounts will be banned and I will go on being me.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-amp-Service

6. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-01-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    In 2001, the Pats went to the Superbowl and beat a highly favored team utilizing a QB who was a nobody that was a collegiate backup taken in the 6th round after their rockstar QB got injured
    Great. Biggest fluke in the history of sports. The odds of it happening again are nil. But I'm always open to a good bet...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Great. Biggest fluke in the history of sports. The odds of it happening again are nil. But I'm always open to a good bet...
    Lmao. Fluke? They dominated the league for 18 ****ing years. Look, I hate them too but you can’t call something a fluke when they were so successful for so long. Everyone said it was a fluke at the time and look where we are now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So people think that the Cheaters will just keep on winning SBs now that Brady's gone? Or even be perennial division winners and playoff contenders? LOL. OK. I'm open for bets.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well Patriots without #12 under center, will have to start from scratch with the Bills, Fins, and Jets seizing that momentum.
    ​July 4th Keep Calm!

11. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (06-01-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    Well Patriots without #12 under center, will have to start from scratch with the Bills, Fins, and Jets seizing that momentum.
    Fins and Jets are a joke. Bills still can’t hang with the better teams. They aren’t starting from scratch in the div.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    He won 11 games one of those seasons. Just bad luck that they didnít make it.

You guys are fooling yourselves. The times he failed without Brady were forever ago. More recent history has shown that heís learned to win without him.
    The Bills mauling the Patriots confuses people like you but letís be clear, they suck. Thereís no expectations at all for them to do anything & the Bills torch them in talent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    Yup. I find it funny that people think that things will just continue like they've been. Like Belicheat's Cleveland and Bledsoe seasons didn't happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 820 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just don't see how they're going to be any good this year. They have absolute dirt for offensive weapons and their QB doesn't have a lot of starts. That's not to say that the hoodie won't eventually make him into a good QB, but who exactly is he supposed to throw to outside of Edelman? I still wouldn't be shocked if the cheaters beat us once because, well, cheating and belichick is still the coach.

But they're not going to be good. I think Miami is going to show some serious signs this season and be the 2nd best team in the division after us. The Jets appear a bit better, but i just think Gase is a clown. The longer he stays as their head coach the better.

You can't lose everything the Pats have (including the GOAT) and just bounce back. I just don't see it. They're going to be pretty crap if you ask me. I think people concerned that they're still going to be a threat are just suffering from 20 years of the trauma that was watching them win the division all but 1 year or whatever it was. The fact that you still see them ranked as a top 10 team in some of the talking heads circles is a joke.

On paper they are utter garbage. Even their great defense lost a lot of key players.
    Last edited by Jimkelly12203; 06-01-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,799 Times in 4,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bringing up the 2007 Matt Cassel year of 11 wins means I can bring up the injury riddled Bills roster of 1965 who stunned San Diego to win the title.

Means nothing... but it sounds cool !
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    The Bills mauling the Patriots confuses people like you but let’s be clear, they suck. There’s no expectations at all for them to do anything & the Bills torch them in talent.
    Huh? The Bills haven’t mauled the Patriots since 2003.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Bringing up the 2007 Matt Cassel year of 11 wins means I can bring up the injury riddled Bills roster of 1965 who stunned San Diego to win the title.

Umm it proves that Bellicheck can win as a coach even with a sub-par QB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post

Cassel, a 4th year vet who had made (admittedly brief) appearances in 14 games, was handed the keys to a team that went undefeated in the regular season and playoffs until a fluke play by Eli Manning and David Tyree in the SB, and arguably the greatest offense in NFL history. Stidham, a 2nd year vet who made brief and very bad appearances in 2 games last year, will be taking over a bad offense with little talent at the skill positions and without OL mastermind Dante Scarnecchia. Other than that, it's totally the same.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cassel, a 4th year vet who had made (admittedly brief) appearances in 14 games, was handed the keys to a team that went undefeated in the regular season and playoffs until a fluke play by Eli Manning and David Tyree in the SB, and arguably the greatest offense in NFL history. Stidham, a 2nd year vet who made brief and very bad appearances in 2 games last year, will be taking over a bad offense with little talent at the skill positions and without OL mastermind Dante Scarnecchia. Other than that, it's totally the same.
    Lmao. It wasn’t Brady or Scarnecchia. It was Bellicheck.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,628 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'll just enjoy it!
    https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days (Official Video)

https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=77gKSp8WoRg

Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown (Official Video)