Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,591 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I see two potential problems with that. First, things like exercise and air temperature can raise body temperature. If people are walking between tailgates and standing over a hot grill and throwing around a football, then walking a half mile plus from the private lots, their body temp will likely be well above 98.6, especially if it is warm and sunny as the September games often are.

The second is people are going to be PISSED if they get turned away at the gate after paying for tickets and driving from there. You're gonna need an army of security to pacify angry drunks who can't get in.
    Yeah, those are good points. But they sure as hell aren't go to stick a swab up everybody's nose and ship it off to a lab for testing.

I'll see if I can find the info I alluded to earlier.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

2. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-02-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/22/2...19-coronavirus

Ford employees are required to stand in front of an infrared scanner on a tripod as they make their way into the workplace. They have to remove glasses and hats and must pull down face masks in order to get an accurate reading, all while following markers on the floor and looking directly into the scanner. If an employee shows a temperature above the threshold Ford has set (which is not disclosed), they have to do one of three things before they can return to work.

4. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-04-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's not exactly what I was thinking of, I know I've seen a set-up that looks like a walk-through metal detector. Same premise, though.

6. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-02-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 6,894 Times in 3,992 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who in the world wouldn't trust the opinions of armchair pandemic experts, people that don't even play a doctor on TV?

Well, I certainly trust those opinions explicitly. How can you not?

I think games will be played without fans in the stands if we're lucky.

9. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (06-03-2020)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,557 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Who in the world wouldn't trust the opinions of armchair pandemic experts, people that don't even play a doctor on TV?

Well, I certainly trust those opinions explicitly. How can you not?

I think games will be played without fans in the stands if we're lucky.
    I can't see them playing without fans. It would be a huge revenue loss for the league. I think they are hellbent on having full stadiums, regardless of the dangers that may be posed to everyone involved.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,696 Times in 10,513 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Yeah, so if you go...you risk contracting or spreading. Thatís what ďat your own riskĒ means. Iíll gladly take my chances since I practice good hygiene AND contracting the virus is extremely low to begin with.
    That's not what at your own risk means. There is a massive amount of liability by you being allowed to attend a sporting event and getting sick at it. It's a multi-million dollar lawsuit waiting to happen given the current pandemic. There is no way any team is going to be foolish enough to just risk that. They may do very small seating areas (like less than 20,000), mandate social distancing, mandate mask wearing, but as soon as somebody gets sick from attendance that will end the practice.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I can't see them playing without fans. It would be a huge revenue loss for the league. I think they are hellbent on having full stadiums, regardless of the dangers that may be posed to everyone involved.
    They've already said that if necessary they will play without fans. The gate receipts mean nothing compared to the TV revenues and the TV ratings would be record highs across the board, which means more money.

13. Post thanked by:

feldspar (06-03-2020),Haile SpikedLemonade (06-03-2020),The last buffalo fan (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,164 Times in 4,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers View Post
    Putting out FALSE, dangerous and ignorant posts like this endangers everyone

Please read something other than WaPo, NYT, and TBN, and stop watching CNN and MSNBC. And when someone has a point of view different from yours, stop the insults. This political pandemic is the most overblown event in US history, and the concomitant lockdown is having -- and will continue to have -- long term consequences far worse than a virus that is a danger only to a small segment of America's citizens. Your unfounded and wildly inaccurate blaming of Trump, with no condemnation of China, Cuomo and many others, is totally indicative of your blind allegiance to your narrow political point of view.
    EDITED: Stop Attacking Posters

~DB
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 06-03-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, so if you go...you risk contracting or spreading. That’s what “at your own risk” means. I’ll gladly take my chances since I practice good hygiene AND contracting the virus is extremely low to begin with.

~DB
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 06-03-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

These posts were not "attacks"!!! Jesus.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    These posts were not "attacks"!!! Jesus.
    If you have a concern or complaint you are free to raise it to an Admin.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,557 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    They've already said that if necessary they will play without fans. The gate receipts mean nothing compared to the TV revenues and the TV ratings would be record highs across the board, which means more money.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Don't get me wrong, I hope there's football, and if it has to be without crowds, then it does, but I'm skeptical. They can say they will all they want, but come September, the tune may change.

19. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (06-03-2020)

Protected by Jesus' Blood!
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,060 Times in 8,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That is like Congress bills going to the Senate eh?

21. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-03-2020),Swiper (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I already did.

23. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,095 Times in 6,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    Anyone else have an idea on how to fill a stadium with everyone visiting being free of a Pandemic virus ??
    What are you going to do if the offensive tackle is COVID (-), the guard is (+) and the center is also (-)? They cannot line up next to each other.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, so if you go...you risk contracting or spreading. That’s what “at your own risk” means. I’ll gladly take my chances since I practice good hygiene AND contracting the virus is extremely low to begin with.

Well you are confused and ignorant to the facts. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

~DB
    You cannot seem to moderate these forums in a fair and unbiased manner.
    Last edited by Swiper; 06-03-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by jamze132
    Try to deal with facts before you post so you don't embarrass yourself anymore.

As of now, in NY State, there have been 2,167,831 tests. Of those tested 373,040 have turned out positive. You can do the math, or do you need help with that too? In any case contracting the virus is anything but "extremely low." And as far as your notion about your hygiene - that, too, is a laughable joke. I'll tell you about the 41 year old healthy EMS worker that could do loops around your hygiene that died in a local hospital bed. Under-estimating the novel coronavirus is fool's folly. You're on the bandwagon.

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus-ny/
    Last edited by Swiper; 06-03-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I already did.
    I'm sure it fell on deaf ears. It always does.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,564 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's not what at your own risk means. There is a massive amount of liability by you being allowed to attend a sporting event and getting sick at it. It's a multi-million dollar lawsuit waiting to happen given the current pandemic. There is no way any team is going to be foolish enough to just risk that. They may do very small seating areas (like less than 20,000), mandate social distancing, mandate mask wearing, but as soon as somebody gets sick from attendance that will end the practice.
    I bet those 20k fans will see signs that read “at your own risk” or some version of the club not taking responsibility.