Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 3,195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

Anyone else have an idea on how to fill a stadium with everyone visiting being free of a Pandemic virus ??

Thanks
    Thanked 19,247 Times in 9,638 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

Testing for 70,000 people? ****ing A

3. Post thanked by:

Skooby (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Covid19 testing for all NFL games is a fix for fans to safely join in the fun

Yeah, make attending the game “at your own risk”.

5. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (06-02-2020),Jan Reimers (06-02-2020),NC-BILLS44 (06-04-2020),Novacane (06-02-2020)

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,583 Times in 12,630 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Testing for 70,000 people? ****ing A
    I'm assuming it's going to be a basic temperature test taken by a walk-through apparatus similar to a metal detector. I think Ford might be a company that already had some in place at their factories a few weeks ago.

So it won't be any different than walking through the gates. Unless you trigger it, then you don't get in.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Protected by Jesus' Blood!
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,058 Times in 8,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm assuming it's going to be a basic temperature test taken by a walk-through apparatus similar to a metal detector. I think Ford might be a company that already had some in place at their factories a few weeks ago.

So it won't be any different than walking through the gates. Unless you trigger it, then you don't get in.
    Given they have proven that the virus is contagious when someone does not show symptoms, what good would that do?

8. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-02-2020),tomz (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 3,195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ECAA7F8F-4E82-4AE5-84F6-1DB03522BF8A.jpeg

I am personally waiting on an EUA (emergency use authorization) so Medicare / Medicaid pays full value for these, 3 minute blood test with 99.97% accuracy. Every school child / work / every sporting event / heck even going into a nightclub you’re looking at your ticket to enjoying yourself again. Plan on being tested weekly with a timeout if you’re positive. They’ll call it a health-check, it’ll acknowledge if you have a problem. So out of stadium of 70,000, 210 might have it or not. Figure it could be a false negative, it’ll be more like 70 folks less temperature checks so let’s call it several dozen tops. I’ll assure you that at normal game, the odds of catching something from someone else would be way way higher (including VD). It’ll be the healthiest event you’ve ever attended & that hot little number you meet, she’s going to ripe to pluck. Welcome to your temporary freedom from viral worry, a better event if you will.

I think there was like 600 out of 1,500 at one meat factory sick, this ends that pretty quick. When you discover you have it, your friends and folks you know will know and I think tailgating with them just ended. Society will force the currently sick to get help. No more dropping your kid off at school with bloodshot eyes and a temperature to have them deal with it. Monday is health check day and little jimmy has a temperature/ Covid19, come get your kid / see you in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Skooby; 06-02-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The world has always been a dangerous place. If you remove NYC from the Covid-19 death statistics (which are already artificially inflated), this pandemic is less deadly than a strong flu strain. We have never been in total lockdown for SARS or any flu.

So, end the lockdown, open the stadium, and let the people in.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

11. Post thanked by:

NC-BILLS44 (06-04-2020),Novacane (06-02-2020),The last buffalo fan (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,693 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Never going to happen during a global pandemic.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    Anyone else have an idea on how to fill a stadium with everyone visiting being free of a Pandemic virus ??
    Yup, you wait until you have reliable antibody tests and vaccines in place, and you only let those who show that they have anti bodies and/or have been vaccinated against the pandemic into the stadium. IF you do not have antibodies or you have not been vaccinated you don't go to the game.
    Personal Attacks on me, Attempts to enflame Me, and efforts to start escalation will no longer be tolerated by me and I will do my damndest not to encite you. IF you choose to follow your old troubled MO of trying to provoke me, bait me, troll me, and attack me, I am not going to respond to you. I will report you very quickly and have you very quickly dealt with by the mods because yes, the TOS apply to me and they do apply to you whether you like it or not. If you are confused about what the TOS are, click the link at the end of my signature. Familiarize yourself with it because I am done with you and you will learn very quickly that nobody is going to play the games that almost got the Spinzone permanently shuttered. So play your old games if you dare, but you and the accounts will be banned and I will go on being me.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-amp-Service

14. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (06-02-2020),notacon (06-02-2020),The last buffalo fan (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers View Post
    The world has always been a dangerous place. If you remove NYC from the Covid-19 death statistics (which are already artificially inflated), this pandemic is less deadly than a strong flu strain. We have never been in total lockdown for SARS or any flu.

Simply not true. The WORST flu season in the last 40 years was 80,000 in 2019, and the flu season runs from Oct-May. We're already well above 100k deaths from February to May, roughly half that time.

16. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-06-2020),notacon (06-02-2020),tomz (06-04-2020)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,557 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Get tested, comes back negative 48 hours later, but what about that 48 hours in between?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post

I see two potential problems with that. First, things like exercise and air temperature can raise body temperature. If people are walking between tailgates and standing over a hot grill and throwing around a football, then walking a half mile plus from the private lots, their body temp will likely be well above 98.6, especially if it is warm and sunny as the September games often are.

The second is people are going to be PISSED if they get turned away at the gate after paying for tickets and driving from there. You're gonna need an army of security to pacify angry drunks who can't get in.

19. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,157 Times in 4,445 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    The trouble with that is is NOT “at your own risk”. It's risking the health and lives of literally hundreds of people that come in contact (either directly or indirectly) with each and every fan that would be at a game. All it takes is a handful of fans that are infected to exponentially infect more people...and each and every person exposed can spread it to more people...and and on and on and on.

It's a simple math problem. If you take one penny, and double it every day....it takes only 27 days to have more than a MILLION dollars.

That means that each and every game, literally threatens the lives and health of millions of people.

21. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-06-2020),tomz (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,157 Times in 4,445 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nonsense. The deaths are GROSSY UNDER*****D!!!

More than 95,000 people died within two months. No "strong flu strain" or "SARS" or "any flu" comes close to this kind of deadliness. And THAT deadliness that we have encountered was with the country virtually locked down.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I suspect because it's politically important to you to defend and apologize for the worst president in the history of America...Donald Trump....and his criminal incompetence in response to the greatest health crisis is almost a100 years.

TRUMP has caused literally tens of thousands of needless and unnecessary deaths with his inaction and serial lying.

Putting out FALSE, dangerous and ignorant posts like this endangers everyone.
    Last edited by notacon; 06-02-2020 at 12:39 PM.

23. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (06-02-2020),Tailgunner Joe (06-02-2020),tomz (06-04-2020)

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Putting out FALSE, dangerous and ignorant posts like this endangers everyone.[/QUOTE]

Please read something other than WaPo, NYT, and TBN, and stop watching CNN and MSNBC. And when someone has a point of view different from yours, stop the insults. This political pandemic is the most overblown event in US history, and the concomitant lockdown is having -- and will continue to have -- long term consequences far worse than a virus that is a danger only to a small segment of America's citizens. Your unfounded and wildly inaccurate blaming of Trump, with no condemnation of China, Cuomo and many others, is totally indicative of your blind allegiance to your narrow political point of view.

25. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Simply not true. The WORST flu season in the last 40 years was 80,000 in 2019, and the flu season runs from Oct-May. We're already well above 100k deaths from February to May, roughly half that time.
    You have to look at more than statistics. With this virus, the death of everyone with Covid-19 in his or system is attributed to the virus, even if the person is 100 years old with multiple health problems, or anyone with a serious or terminal illness. There are hot spots like NYC which skew the national death rate, and places like nursing homes with elderly and failing residents. We know the places and people who are at serious risk, so why not put our resources there, and free the rest of us? Lumping everyone of us under the same broad statistically based umbrella is insanity, particularly when the lockdown is causing suicides, murders, child and spousal abuse, alcohol and drug abuse -- not to mention tremendous financial hardship for millions of people. Remember a great quote from Mark Twain: There are lies, damn lies, and statistics? We have that with this politically motivated "pandemic."

27. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,387 Times in 4,104 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's see what it's like a month from now. If cases are still on the decline after daily mass protests around the entire country then we will know they've overestimated this virus and crowds are not nearly as dangerous as we've been led to believe.

Protected by Jesus' Blood!
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,058 Times in 8,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Please read something other than WaPo, NYT, and TBN, and stop watching CNN and MSNBC. And when someone has a point of view different from yours, stop the insults. This political pandemic is the most overblown event in US history, and the concomitant lockdown is having -- and will continue to have -- long term consequences far worse than a virus that is a danger only to a small segment of America's citizens. Your unfounded and wildly inaccurate blaming of Trump, with no condemnation of China, Cuomo and many others, is totally indicative of your blind allegiance to your narrow political point of view.
    It is opinions like this that make me glad to be a Canadian.

30. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,561 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The trouble with that is is NOT “at your own risk”. It's risking the health and lives of literally hundreds of people that come in contact (either directly or indirectly) with each and every fan that would be at a game. All it takes is a handful of fans that are infected to exponentially infect more people...and each and every person exposed can spread it to more people...and and on and on and on.

It's a simple math problem. If you take one penny, and double it every day....it takes only 27 days to have more than a MILLION dollars.

That means that each and every game, literally threatens the lives and health of millions of people.
    Yeah, so if you go...you risk contracting or spreading. That’s what “at your own risk” means. I’ll gladly take my chances since I practice good hygiene AND contracting the virus is extremely low to begin with.

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,583 Times in 12,630 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    Given they have proven that the virus is contagious when someone does not show symptoms, what good would that do?
    Somebody can have a higher temperature and not feel/show symptoms.