Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jake Fromm comments

Thanks
    Thanked 12,578 Times in 6,205 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jake Fromm comments

Well it's cool to be the only team in the NFL with a rapidly balding white supremacist as our 3rd string QB.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,720 Times in 6,954 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    This wasn't public. It was a private text exchange with some chick. It's like taking a private letter sent to someone and posting it for the world to see.

But yeah, he apologized, the team leaders accepted it and Fromm will stick with the team.
    It was in writing. You can't possibly tell me you don't know better. And you can't tell me you don't know how data storage and retrieval works because you clicked the same buttons we all did if you use any of it, unless you didn't read anything, which doesn't matter anyway if you use it.

It was an exchange in writing, his privacy was subject to her discretion. It's the same with voice on the phone and recording in NY *****.

You might consider it personally private but it isn't, and that's why you should know better than to put anything in writing, not like that's some huge secret.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

3. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (06-07-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How is Fromm still with the Bills?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,087 Times in 6,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Natrix View Post
    How is Fromm still with the Bills?
    Did Fromm not have black teammates and friends at UGA?
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Thanked 19,258 Times in 10,249 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's funny....I remember Levy brought in a media consultant back in the Bickering Bills days.

I think going forward, every team is going to need one on staff to deal with and educate the players on these issues, dealing with the press, social media restraint, and the like.

Marv was way ahead of his time, lol.

7. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,387 Times in 4,104 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Brian Daboll: Jake Fromm has a lot of work to do to earn his teammatesí trust

He could of said the same thing before the comments came out. He's a 5th round pick. Basically a nobody.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    It's funny....I remember Levy brought in a media consultant back in the Bickering Bills days.

I think going forward, every team is going to need one on staff to deal with and educate the players on these issues, dealing with the press, social media restraint, and the like.

Marv was way ahead of his time, lol.
    Marv might as well have achieved sainthood. What an awesome dude.

You couldn't ask for a better human being to represent your team through and through. Whenever I get nostalgic about the 90s, Marv is part of it.

His talent in micromanaging a roster full of obscene talent and obscene egos is impressive. Not Phil Jackson impressive but pretty close.

10. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-06-2020),Jan Reimers (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,966 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It was in writing. You can't possibly tell me you don't know better. And you can't tell me you don't know how data storage and retrieval works because you clicked the same buttons we all did if you use any of it, unless you didn't read anything, which doesn't matter anyway if you use it.

It was an exchange in writing, his privacy was subject to her discretion. It's the same with voice on the phone and recording in NY *****.

You might consider it personally private but it isn't, and that's why you should know better than to put anything in writing, not like that's some huge secret.
    There are expectations of privacy in private conversations. He didn't post this on social media. He has no history or being a racist at all and it was obviously a joke, judging by the "haha" and then later saying that he's not even referring to himself since he's not elite. Furthermore, nowhere does he say the word "black." People just assumed that. Maybe Hispanics should be the ones taking offense? Should everyone who isn't white and elite take offense and refuse to forgive him and let him work to better himself without destroying his life and career first?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Did Fromm not have black teammates and friends at UGA?
    He did. No one has claimed he said or did a racist thing to him.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

12. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (06-06-2020),Jan Reimers (06-08-2020),Swiper (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Marv might as well have achieved sainthood. What an awesome dude.

You couldn't ask for a better human being to represent your team through and through. Whenever I get nostalgic about the 90s, Marv is part of it.

His talent in micromanaging a roster full of obscene talent and obscene egos is impressive. Not Phil Jackson impressive but pretty close.
    My only criticism of Marv is allowing the players to party all night before and morning of the Superbowls. I believe they would have won at least the first one if they had a curfew like the other teams did.

14. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (06-06-2020),Haile SpikedLemonade (06-06-2020),Swiper (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My only criticism of Marv is allowing the players to party all night before and morning of the Superbowls. I believe they would have won at least the first one if they had a curfew like the other teams did.
    And that's a fair criticism.

I think Marv was one of the first coaches to kind of treat players like adults and assume they would make smart choices independently of him. Kinda backfired based on reports about those SB parties.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Marv was one of the first coaches to kind of treat players like adults and assume they would make smart choices independently of him. Kinda backfired based on reports about those SB parties.
    I think he thought that that's the way they had always done it and still won. At the least he should have changed that stance before the Redskins SB (although truthfully I think they were only better than the Giants).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think he thought that that's the way they had always done it and still won. At the least he should have changed that stance before the Redskins SB (although truthfully I think they were only better than the Giants).
    The Giants played the best game they humanly could. And they still needed a fluke shanked FG to win.

If there was a team we were going to beat in the SB era, it was them.

Like Dennis Green famously yelled. THEY WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!

18. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's the silver lining from all those soul-crushing Super Bowl losses.

Imagine for a moment how amazing it's going to feel when the Bills finally hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Viewed in the context of a larger narrative, he Bills' character arc makes them the greatest rags to riches story in NFL history. A franchise buried in heartbreak after heartbreak (4 straight SB losses, Music City Miracle, 17 year playoff drought, threats of moving the team) that rises from the ashes to become champions?

It's going to be ecstasy.

Protected by Jesus' Blood!
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,058 Times in 8,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It only works if the starting QB is not a bloody drunk.

21. Post thanked by:

Swiper (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    It only works if the starting QB is not a bloody drunk.
    I'm humming that Eddie Murphy tune to myself with amended lyrics. "My QB likes to party all the time, party all the time, party all the tiiiiiiiiime."

Jim Kelly was the living incarnation of supbro.

23. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (06-07-2020),Swiper (06-06-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    What it meant to me is that non-white people are all poor and white people that are elite are the ones that can afford guns.

It was an incredibly stupid thing to say....and illustrates the systemic racism that permeates to this day.

SHAME ON YOU JAKE!!!

You wrote that LAST YEAR, when you knew the NFL Draft was coming. You just don't do that...even MORE so when you are in the public eye.

And being one of only 255 men picked in the draft he was absolutely in the pubic eye.

He was drafted because, despite his weak arm, was supposed to be "smart". This destroys that meme forever.
    There is the problem right there. Sad. Not what he meant at all. He was problem solving looking to find methods of limiting guns to only a small group of the population. Noting the disparity of wealth distribution in America he noted elite white people could be such a group made easier by their white supremacy in decision making.

The kid is smart. He is being crucified by an ex girlfriend for dumping her to come to Buffalo would be my guess. Basically just throwing garbage and noise out there to be consumed by people who don't take the time to read.
    Last edited by Typ0; 06-06-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Registered User Buffalo Billy Bison's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Very bad judgment on his part and extremely bad taste. He apologized for his text and we should move on. I'm sure he has apologized to his coaches and teammates! Doesn't mean that it might be brought up by
    teammates but if you adult enough to say it, you need to be able to handle the backlash! I'm just saying!
    11-5 in 2020 and **** into the Playoffs!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm a lefty that's super opposed to stupid comments destroying a career.

Fromm will bounce back. And I think he'll self-examine and reflect on his commentary in a way that's meaningful.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,694 Times in 10,513 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There are expectations of privacy in private conversations. He didn't post this on social media. He has no history or being a racist at all and it was obviously a joke, judging by the "haha" and then later saying that he's not even referring to himself since he's not elite. Furthermore, nowhere does he say the word "black." People just assumed that. Maybe Hispanics should be the ones taking offense? Should everyone who isn't white and elite take offense and refuse to forgive him and let him work to better himself without destroying his life and career first?

He did. No one has claimed he said or did a racist thing to him.
    There is no expectation of privacy in private conversation, only an assumption of one and a poor one at that.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    There is no expectation of privacy in private conversation, only an assumption of one and a poor one at that.
    True. You have to have a healthy distrust of everyone. But he's still a kid.

Actions speak louder than words. No one has, and likely will, come forward to say that Fromm said or did racist things to them. If that holds, there is no reason at all to destroy his life over this.