X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe...is he an enigma??

As I watched Bledsoe complete the obligatory "Here's one for old time sakes buddy, I won't be looking your way for the rest of the year, so enjoy it" pass to Sam Gash on Saturday, I thought about how many times over the years I saw him dump off pass after pass to Ben Coates, making them both ProBowlers, and wondered...

1. Did this guy suddenly become braindead and forget that he has second, third, and fourth receivers to dump off to or perhaps maybe we give him too much credit and he just isn't the sharpest knife in the rack to begin with??

2. Could there really be behind that angelic, intelligent, diplomatic, team first exterior...a man with an ego so large that it would make Jim Kelly look like the second coming of Frank Reich...a man who despite being asked to start using the short and medium pass more says "Screw the team" and does what he wants once he gets behind center....which mainly consists of locking onto the outside receivers for the big play and taking sack after sack...making a young line that already has very shakey confidence look that much worse than it already is??

3. Are our receivers that bad that no one is getting open...I doubt it??

4. Is Gilbride's system just too nonconducive to the short and medium pass and really doesn't give him or the receivers much of a chance...hmmm??

Will someone please enlighten me, because I sure don't know. I love Bledsoe and still think that he is "The Man" but I think that the clock is running and time may be running out for him and Gilbride :church:
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Not you too!
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Its like an epidemic
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

We need an antidote

I'll call the CDC

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Hey, I needed the zonebucks.:church:
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Throne Logic
            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
            • Aug 2002

Re: Bledsoe...is he an enigma??

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            As I watched Bledsoe complete the obligatory "Here's one for old time sakes buddy, I won't be looking your way for the rest of the year, so enjoy it" pass to Sam Gash on Saturday, I thought about how many times over the years I saw him dump off pass after pass to Ben Coates, making them both ProBowlers, and wondered...
            Actually, I think you'll see about 20 balls thrown Sam's way this year. We know he can catch from his first stint with the Bills. It's a nice short to mid option to have. Doesn't anyone remember the old reliable "Sam Gash Play"? Out pass to Sam on the sideline about 1-5 yards past the LOS? Salvaged a number of drives with that one.
            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• mackey789
              • Jul 2002

Someone get him some medicine quick, or send for help, because WYS may have him tied up in the corner while typing under his screen name.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Bledsoe...is he an enigma??

Originally posted by Throne Logic

Actually, I think you'll see about 20 balls thrown Sam's way this year. We know he can catch from his first stint with the Bills. It's a nice short to mid option to have. Doesn't anyone remember the old reliable "Sam Gash Play"? Out pass to Sam on the sideline about 1-5 yards past the LOS? Salvaged a number of drives with that one.
                We had one of the most prolific pass receiving fullbacks on our roster last year....he was treated like an afterthought in the passing game, ending up with one of the worst years of his career...don't see it happening.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  • Aug 2002

I realize this, mchurch. However, defenses knew that Centers was a potential target, so they watch him. Centers really didn't do too much blocking. The FB will be actually blocking most of the plays in this years version of the Offense. So, if he were to break out once or twice in a game, he'd have a really good chance of being open. No one really wants to give Sam any credit for his catching abilities. I say that the Bills will take advantage of that fact this year (or at least they should).

Comment

• Ð
                    1-800-SAD-GOAT
                    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe needs an enema ?

Comment

• Throne Logic
                      • Aug 2002

Damn. I just re-read my post above. I need a grammer/spell checker this afternoon.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ð
                        Bledsoe needs an enema ?

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

Oh sorry, I must have been unable to grasp that important part being "liberal" and all.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Whatup Big D.

Originally posted by Ð
                            Bledsoe needs an enema ?
                            That's what I meant to say....he's looking a little tight on his throws.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Let's get one thing perfectly clear, nobody and I mean nobody ever will have a bigger ego than Jim Kelly!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X