Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Lotulelei opts out for 2020

Protected by Jesus' Blood! Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,190 Times in 8,256 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Star Lotulelei opts out for 2020

The NFL will find out like MBL is finding out that without a bubble model, the chances of completing even a condensed season is slim.

2. Post thanked by:

notacon (07-31-2020),Swiper (08-02-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're both being whine asses. No one cares.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Thanked 10,231 Times in 6,896 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Haile SpikedLemonade View Post
    The NFL will find out like MBL is finding out that without a bubble model, the chances of completing even a condensed season is slim.
    Money pressures outweigh health in making rational decisions. How many people will end up dead, because professional sports caved to the greed?

COVID19 health care maneuvers are all well and good until it affects the richest 2% of Americans. NOTHING trumps money for that group. Pun intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    BTW swiper....why do you never actually point out when I write something "dishonest"???? And certainly rarely ever even try to refute what I actually wrote....but just throw around dishonest insults and smears???

Why do you do that? I think I know why. And it's YOUR problem, not mine.
    No it's clearly your issue.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think that the leagues needed to necessarily institute bubbles but they might have wanted to exclude some cities/states from hosting games. The key would be the three largest and most hard hit states: California, Florida and Texas. Technically there is still time.

For example kick the Dolphins and Bucs out of Florida to other sites. Move in with the Falcons or Titans. Even the larger SEC stadiums would be viable options. Same story in California and Texas. Move the Rams to Vegas for the season and send the Niners to Eugene to play in Oregon. Send the Chargers anywhere because nobody would notice. The problem would be the Cowboys. Jerry would rather die than play away from his sandbox. No one seriously believes that we're going to have live attendance anymore so playing in your home stadium has lost its importance.