Thread: OHL getting ready to restart play

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,643 Times in 3,458 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OHL getting ready to restart play

The Ontario Hockey League has announced plans to get the 2020-21 season underway.

The league released a statement today that they're looking at a December 1st opening night, with all teams playing 64 games(down from the usual 68)and for the season to end April 29, 2021. Playoffs would be best of 5 series in the first two rounds, and best of 7 for the last 2.

The Memorial Cup(which pits the champions of the each of the 3 major junior teams and the host city)will be held June 17th-27th in either Oshawa or Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

"I will tell anybody who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drum, and it's real simple: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

Thanks
    Thanked 11,898 Times in 8,713 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: OHL getting ready to restart play

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    The Ontario Hockey League has announced plans to get the 2020-21 season underway.

The league released a statement today that they're looking at a December 1st opening night, with all teams playing 64 games(down from the usual 68)and for the season to end April 29, 2021. Playoffs would be best of 5 series in the first two rounds, and best of 7 for the last 2.

The Memorial Cup(which pits the champions of the each of the 3 major junior teams and the host city)will be held June 17th-27th in either Oshawa or Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.
    I was just wondering about the CHL today. I had hoped they would start in September like usual, and cozens could get a few months of play in before sabres camp

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I was just wondering about the CHL today. I had hoped they would start in September like usual, and cozens could get a few months of play in before sabres camp
    I haven't heard anything about the WHL or the QMJHL yet.

And SPEAKING of the WHL....they have the same problem the OHL has: What do you do with the U.S. based teams? (The OHL has 3(Erie, Flint & Saginaw), the WHL has 5(Portland, Seattle, Everett(WA), Spokane and Tri-City(Kennewick, Pasco and Richmond).) That part, especially when it comes to the OHL, I haven't heard about yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Likely not to be. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the NHL keep the bubble format when the regular season begins, either. It's worked out well for them. Unlike some leagues....cough...MLB...cough....
    Last edited by ckg927; 08-06-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,898 Times in 8,713 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Likely not to be. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the NHL keep the bubble format when the regular season begins, either. It's worked out well for them. Unlike some leagues....cough...MLB...cough....
    No, totally get it. I had just had the thought though that day wondering about the CHL