Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Josh Allen responded to first mention of MVP conversation

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Post How Josh Allen responded to first mention of MVP conversation

Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott said following the 31-28 win and Allen’s 417-yard outing on Sunday that the QB had “ice in his veins.” Evidently, Allen didn’t warm up at all overnight. At the mention of him in the MVP discussion, Allen himself pumped the brakes.

“It’s two weeks in and I don’t want to jump the horse on anything or get in front of anything. We’re just trying to do our job here in Buffalo,” Allen said.

Link
    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

2. Post thanked by:

Kaziganth (09-23-2020),Mace (09-23-2020),Night Train (09-23-2020),sukie (09-23-2020),Tailgunner Joe (09-23-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 751 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How Josh Allen responded to first mention of MVP conversation

I like this kid, more and more. Sounds, acts and is playing as a more mature JA from 2018 for sure.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

4. Post thanked by:

imbondz (09-23-2020),Kaziganth (09-23-2020),Mace (09-23-2020),notacon (09-23-2020),Novacane (09-24-2020),TacoJo (09-23-2020),Tailgunner Joe (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,177 Times in 10,140 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh for ****'s sake. We beat the Jets and the Fish, people. At least Allen handled the stupidity maturely.

6. Post thanked by:

Kaziganth (09-23-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Oh for ****'s sake. We beat the Jets and the Fish, people. At least Allen handled the stupidity maturely.

Good morning, OpI!

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-23-2020)

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,033 Times in 7,116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Simple fact is that we haven't had any QB do that in 20 years, even beating scrub teams.

It's fine to instinctively pump the brakes, but performance vs level of opposition is also a marker of what good QB's do. They roll them up, and, like Allen, don't think twice about having done it.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

10. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,810 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After 2 games, he's in the MVP discussion. That point can not be argued.

12. Post thanked by:

TacoJo (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    After 2 games, he's in the MVP discussion. That point can not be argued.
    No one should be in the MVP discussion after 2 games because there shouldn't even be an MVP discussion after just 2 games.

Lots of players who turned out to be average or even bad managed 2 good games.

14. Post thanked by:

JJamezz (09-23-2020),Tailgunner Joe (09-23-2020)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I’m with Op on some levels. We’ve all thought we were getting to the next level multiple times over the past 20 years and didn’t. So skepticism is normal. Hard to believe we’re as good as we might be. But...Allen has done things in the first 2 games that we haven’t ever seen really yet the games were closer in final score than they should have been. So I’d think we all agree we need more data = good wins against legit good teams. Or close losses where we didn’t beat ourselves.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

16. Post thanked by:

Kaziganth (09-23-2020),OpIv37 (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No one should be in the MVP discussion after 2 games because there shouldn't even be an MVP discussion after just 2 games.

It's ok to be realistic, and see first the proof of a sustained change to react well, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Simple fact is that we haven't had any QB do that in 20 years, even beating scrub teams.

It's fine to instinctively pump the brakes, but performance vs level of opposition is also a marker of what good QB's do. They roll them up, and, like Allen, don't think twice about having done it.
    But I guess is Ok too enjoy the good stuff is happening us, after years of crap, deserved or not.

Here is to you, and here is to me, and if we ever disagree, a la chingada contigo y mas para mi!!!

18. Post thanked by:

Kaziganth (09-23-2020),Mace (09-23-2020),sahlensguy (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,681 Times in 4,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And Baltimore beat Cleveland and the fading fast Houston without Hopkins

Kansas City beat the same Houston and needed freakin' overtime to beat the LA Chargers....the Chargers....with a raw rookie at QB.

Tennessee beat Denver & Jacksonville.

LA Rams beat a terrible Philadelphia (who lost to crappy Washington) and lost to Dallas who have maintained is not a "good team" because the Bills beat them last year.

Please....your Negafan bullcrap is silly.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,935 Times in 5,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

any positives about the bills does makes your head explode.
    Out of Xanax?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,960 Times in 3,093 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For some the past is the only truth. No team gets better but when season is finished the team was better.

living in the past so deeply sucks snd hinders analysis of any kind.

if only and what if ... scary ways to begin a thought. Have tissues or a heavy bag ready.

22. Post thanked by:

Kaziganth (09-23-2020),Mace (09-23-2020)

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,033 Times in 7,116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
    It's ok to be realistic, and see first the proof of a sustained change to react well, I agree with you.

But I guess is Ok too enjoy the good stuff is happening us, after years of crap, deserved or not.

Here is to you, and here is to me, and if we ever disagree, a la chingada contigo y mas para mi!!!
    A beber y a tragar, que el mundo se va a acabar.

I don't get the point of not being happy for the sake of it when you have a chance to, over whatever. Time comes when you wish you did, when you had the chance.

24. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (09-23-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,681 Times in 4,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Very interesting discussion between Make Florio and Chris Simms about....

Which undefeated teams are contenders, pretenders.

They spend considerable time talking about the Buffalo Bills and specifically Josh Allen. That segment starts at the 11:36 mark of this video...

Once again, honest, UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE professional sports writers analyze the REALITY of the Bills and Allen in a manner that our resident Negafan just is not capable, nor credible about.

26. Post thanked by:

BillsFanInNM (09-24-2020),Jeff1220 (09-23-2020),Kaziganth (09-23-2020),sukie (09-23-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020),Yasgur's Farm (09-23-2020)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,184 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I's great to see the progress.

But had long stretches in both games where the O went dead and the D got winded.

Staying grounded. Improve. Rams only matter today.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."

28. Post thanked by:

Kaziganth (09-23-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,561 Times in 2,524 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What ever happened to the longest ball challenge with Mahommes?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    And Baltimore beat Cleveland and the fading fast Houston without Hopkins

Kansas City beat the same Houston and needed freakin' overtime to beat the LA Chargers....the Chargers....with a raw rookie at QB.

Tennessee beat Denver & Jacksonville.

LA Rams beat a terrible Philadelphia (who lost to crappy Washington) and lost to Dallas who have maintained is not a "good team" because the Bills beat them last year.

Please....your Negafan bullcrap is silly.
    Again, it’s not negative. It’s realistic. It’s stupid to even have an MVP conversation about anyone after two games.

And if you want to go off topic about who beat who, Baltimore, KC, Tenn and LA all beat good teams last year. They’ve proven they can do it. We were 1-5 against teams that finished over .500 last year, and the one win was against the Titans when they were still starting Mariota. Beating the Jets and Fish is not enough to convince me that we are over that hump and can beat the good teams.

If you want to put on your red and blue colored glasses and think beating the Jets and Fish makes us good, I can’t stop you. But we won’t really be good until we beat the good teams, and I’ll believe this team can do that if and only if they prove it.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,810 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree, but that's how the media rolls.

If the MVP was handed out today, Josh would be near the top of the list. It's not guessing, it's not foreshadowing, it's fact. No need to delve further into the discussion really.

One Now
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again, it’s not negative. It’s realistic. It’s stupid to even have an MVP conversation about anyone after two games.

And if you want to go off topic about who beat who, Baltimore, KC, Tenn and LA all beat good teams last year. They’ve proven they can do it. We were 1-5 against teams that finished over .500 last year, and the one win was against the Titans when they were still starting Mariota. Beating the Jets and Fish is not enough to convince me that we are over that hump and can beat the good teams.

If you want to put on your red and blue colored glasses and think beating the Jets and Fish makes us good, I can’t stop you. But we won’t really be good until we beat the good teams, and I’ll believe this team can do that if and only if they prove it.
    Ok, so then it's not about Allen's response. It's about the media talking about this so early.

The positive response to this thread -- or at least a little positive mixed with realism -- would be to say "Good for Allen! He acknowledged how silly it is to discuss this so early in the season", then... "By the way, the media are idiots for talking about it so soon, but they have to talk about something. =p"

Just my two cents. )))

Thanks
    Thanked 8,408 Times in 3,805 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We saw two different things from Josh vs the Phins and Jete.

Jete: Greggg tried to fool Josh with lots of disguised coverages and played mostly zone with some man mixed in. Josh was able to correctly identify the coverage and find the open receiver. The open receiver was often wide open, and the Jete didn't have anyone capable of covering.

Phins: They didn't disguise their coverage at all. Basically just said we're playing man, or cover1, come get us. He made really good throws, sometimes to wide open receivers, but sometimes vs really good coverage. He had touch, he had accuracy and he had timing. Some of those throws were so good it wouldn't matter who the defender is, you just tip your hat and say good play.

We'll face a team that can cover and can disguise coverages, and can apply pressure. When he still drops dimes on those defenses all doubt goes out the window.

34. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020)