Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Josh Allen responded to first mention of MVP conversation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,174 Times in 10,137 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How Josh Allen responded to first mention of MVP conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziganth View Post
    Ok, so then it's not about Allen's response. It's about the media talking about this so early.

The positive response to this thread -- or at least a little positive mixed with realism -- would be to say "Good for Allen! He acknowledged how silly it is to discuss this so early in the season", then... "By the way, the media are idiots for talking about it so soon, but they have to talk about something. =p"

Just my two cents. )))
    Read my first post in this thread. I did compliment Allen for handling it maturely.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,075 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All doubt vanishes next year with this season as proof. Current season is meaningless without heavy doses of past performance weighing heavily. Duh.

One Now
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Read my first post in this thread. I did compliment Allen for handling it maturely.
    I think I read your post too quickly and maybe I thought it said he handled it "stupidly but maturely" vs what you actually wrote which was that "Allen handled the stupidity maturely", and/or the first part hit me and I lost the second part of what you wrote. )))

My apologies. That was actually a good post.

4. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (09-23-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-23-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,670 Times in 4,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Again, it’s not negative. It’s realistic. It’s stupid to even have an MVP conversation about anyone after two games.

And if you want to go off topic about who beat who, Baltimore, KC, Tenn and LA all beat good teams last year. They’ve proven they can do it. We were 1-5 against teams that finished over .500 last year, and the one win was against the Titans when they were still starting Mariota. Beating the Jets and Fish is not enough to convince me that we are over that hump and can beat the good teams.

If you want to put on your red and blue colored glasses and think beating the Jets and Fish makes us good, I can’t stop you. But we won’t really be good until we beat the good teams, and I’ll believe this team can do that if and only if they prove it.
    "Last year"?!?!?

Jesus. You are not only the most negative poster here, you're insanely BIASED, NOT OBJECTIVE, and not REALISTIC!!!

You being "convinced" is irrelevant and totally without value.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I agree with you about MVP talk after only two weeks. That's just silly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh...BTW....you are still using the incredibly STUPID metric of "We were 1-5 against teams that finished over .500 last year" because the two wins we had over Pittsburgh and Dallas are the REASON THEY DID NOT FINISH THE YEAR ABOVE .500!!!!

It's dishonest spin for one desperately trying to booster a false premise.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,174 Times in 10,137 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Oh...BTW....you are still using the incredibly STUPID metric of "We were 1-5 against teams that finished over .500 last year" because the two wins we had over Pittsburgh and Dallas are the REASON THEY DID NOT FINISH THE YEAR ABOVE .500!!!!

It's dishonest spin for one desperately trying to booster a false premise.
    Lmao. That whole post is spin. “Well they would have been over .500 if they didn’t lose to us!” First, it doesn’t matter why they weren’t over .500. They weren’t.

Second, if we had lost to one or both of those teams and that allowed them to be over .500, then we still wouldn’t have beaten a team over .500 because we would have lost.

And you accuse me of dishonesty after this insanely stupid spin? Please.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    A beber y a tragar, que el mundo se va a acabar.

I don't get the point of not being happy for the sake of it when you have a chance to, over whatever. Time comes when you wish you did, when you had the chance.
    Buffalo complex.

Always the bridesmaid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lmao. That whole post is spin. “Well they would have been over .500 if they didn’t lose to us!” First, it doesn’t matter why they weren’t over .500. They weren’t.

Second, if we had lost to one or both of those teams and that allowed them to be over .500, then we still wouldn’t have beaten a team over .500 because we would have lost.

And you accuse me of dishonesty after this insanely stupid spin? Please.
    Dallas and Pittsburgh WERE "over .500" when WE BEAT THEM!!!

Yes...you are guilty of grossly dishonest spin time and time and time and time again.

Besides...last year is irrelevant now. All that matters for the 2020 season is the games played in the 2020 season. Period.

Just stop.

Oh....and when you try and climb on to the bandwagon when the Bills prove your opinion to be idiotic....us real Bills fans will not allow you that privilege. You'll be correctly exposed as a fair weather non-fan....an opportunist....an interloper....a bad faith "fan".

I can't wait!
    Last edited by notacon; 09-24-2020 at 12:11 PM.