Thread: Tyrod Taylor: Punctured Lung

Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Post Tyrod Taylor: Punctured Lung

Tyrod Taylor, Los Angeles Chargers quarterback, has lung accidentally punctured by team doctor while getting a shot

While attempting to administer a shot to Tyrod Taylor's ribs, a Los Angeles Chargers team doctor accidentally punctured one of the quarterback's lungs instead.

The announcement came Wednesday from the NFL Players Association, which has now launched an investigation into the incident.

"Our medical and legal team have been in touch with Tyrod and his agent since Sunday collecting facts. An investigation has been initiated," said George Atallah, the NFLPA's assistant executive director of external affairs, in a tweet Wednesday.

More...
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 917 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyrod Taylor: Punctured Lung

Hope he gets well. Sure, he was a stop gap for us. Sure, he mostly rode a very good D with an assist from Andy Dalton to end the drought, but because he was the QB on that team that ended the drought I hold him in high esteem and hope he can make a quick and full recovery.
    Personal Attacks on me, Attempts to enflame Me, and efforts to start escalation will no longer be tolerated by me and I will do my damndest not to encite you. IF you choose to follow your old troubled MO of trying to provoke me, bait me, troll me, and attack me, I am not going to respond to you. I will report you very quickly and have you very quickly dealt with by the mods because yes, the TOS apply to me and they do apply to you whether you like it or not. If you are confused about what the TOS are, click the link at the end of my signature. Familiarize yourself with it because I am done with you and you will learn very quickly that nobody is going to play the games that almost got the Spinzone permanently shuttered. So play your old games if you dare, but you and the accounts will be banned and I will go on being me.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-amp-Service

Thanks
    Thanked 20,229 Times in 10,167 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner Joe View Post
    Hope he gets well. Sure, he was a stop gap for us. Sure, he mostly rode a very good D with an assist from Andy Dalton to end the drought, but because he was the QB on that team that ended the drought I hold him in high esteem and hope he can make a quick and full recovery.
    He's the quintessential NFL back up. He's responsible with the ball, he can make all the throws and his running ability keeps D's on their toes and opens up the passing game. If your QB goes down for a month and you need someone who can be steady and allow the other players to step up, he's your guy.

But if you're down by 4 with 1:45 and 1 timeout left, he's not your guy. If you're playing a team like the Ravens and you're gonna need 30+ to win, he's not your guy. If you need to win 11 or 12 games to get your division, he's not your guy.

His playoff year with us is the best he's ever going to do as a starter: 8-8/9-7 range in terms of record, maybe back door into the playoffs but lose in the first round.

4. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (09-24-2020)

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Tailgunner Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    He's the quintessential NFL back up. He's responsible with the ball, he can make all the throws and his running ability keeps D's on their toes and opens up the passing game. If your QB goes down for a month and you need someone who can be steady and allow the other players to step up, he's your guy.

But if you're down by 4 with 1:45 and 1 timeout left, he's not your guy. If you're playing a team like the Ravens and you're gonna need 30+ to win, he's not your guy. If you need to win 11 or 12 games to get your division, he's not your guy.

His playoff year with us is the best he's ever going to do as a starter: 8-8/9-7 range in terms of record, maybe back door into the playoffs but lose in the first round.
    I think given the right supporting talent he could win 11 or 12 games, he is essentially black Alex Smith. During that snoozer at Arrowhead in 2017 we basically saw Alex Smith playing his exact mirror. However, everything else is correct. Tyrod Taylor is perfect if you have a young QB you are going to groom or you are building a team and you don't yet have your star QB. He is good enough to get you to the playoffs and sell your team to a potential free agent pickup.

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,403 Times in 13,106 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pat McAfee has some nice insight about this situation on his show yesterday. Apparently it's a common procedure on Sundays, and the players are allegedly told beforehand there is about a 1% chance something like this can happen.

Pretty sure the reason Leonard Smith missed the Super Bowl was because he got staph from a team doctor's shot.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

Tailgunner Joe (09-25-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Pat McAfee has some nice insight about this situation on his show yesterday. Apparently it's a common procedure on Sundays, and the players are allegedly told beforehand there is about a 1% chance something like this can happen.

Pretty sure the reason Leonard Smith missed the Super Bowl was because he got staph from a team doctor's shot.
    we could have really done with a healthy Leonard Smith and Bruce Smith v the Washington redacteds.

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,053 Times in 7,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to be a Charger and see the doc coming over with a needle for a common procedure.

"You have a groin injury, it's ok, this is common, let me in there, you, it's not like I'll puncture your lung."
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,053 Times in 7,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"If Doc says 'whoop', call 911 he's got the jimmy hands."