Thread: No Surprise Allen is garnering national attention. Peter Kings starts PFT with Allen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 819 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No Surprise Allen is garnering national attention. Peter Kings starts PFT with Allen

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Make no mistake, we’re happy,” Allen told me. But . . .
    “Excuse my language: I’m pissed off how we allowed the 28-3 lead to dwindle there. I take that very personal.”
    Good answer.
    “That’s better than a good answer,” Romo said from Texas late Sunday night, after landing from his CBS assignment in New England. “It shows that he has a very high standard of excellence. That’s the quarterback I want. When we talked this offseason, he forcefully asked me: ‘How can I be better?’ That’s what you want out of the quarterback of your football team.”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-28-2020),imbondz (09-28-2020),Mad Bomber (09-28-2020),TacoJo (09-28-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-28-2020),YardRat (09-28-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 819 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: No Surprise Allen is garnering national attention. Peter Kings starts PFT with Al

I should add that comment from Peter King. True not just in football -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The explanation is wonky, but it’s worked. When you really want to be better at something, and you’re not just nodding and saying things to make the teacher happy, that’s when education happens. And the education of Josh Allen is one of the good stories of an explosive offensive season so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (09-28-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-28-2020)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,409 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: No Surprise Allen is garnering national attention. Peter Kings starts PFT with Al

Love this part:

“Through three weeks of his third NFL season, Allen has progressed from being a bright prospect with the occasional brain-freeze play to being a top-five NFL quarterback (it’s early, but he’s been that so far) atop a 3-0 team, with fewer bad plays on his résumé.”
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

6. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (09-28-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-28-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 945 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's not a whole lot better in the world of journalism than Peter King's monday article. It's always so long, so thorough and so well written. There's always a center piece story, then a whole bunch of other stuff. I look forward to it every week. It's even better than usual when your team's QB (who is on fire) gets that center piece slot. Everyone who posts here should read it.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

8. Post thanked by:

feldspar (09-28-2020),Mad Bomber (09-28-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-28-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was watching Sunday night football with Aaron Rogers and Drew Brees on the field, and thought the whole time "Josh Allen is better then these two right now", it was amazing to see both QBs miss pass after pass JA has been nailing with ease. It just underlines how hard some of these passes JA is making really are, the tight windows he's throwing, how he's throwing a lot of guys open, or just fitting it in where there is no space. Right now he's playing better then Aaron Rogers. It's hard to believe I'd say that before this year.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-28-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

10. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (09-28-2020),The last buffalo fan (09-28-2020)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    I was watching Sunday night football with Aaron Rogers and Drew Brees on the field, and thought the whole time "Josh Allen is better then these two right now", it was amazing to see both QBs miss pass after pass JA has been nailing with ease. It just underlines how hard some of these passes JA is making really are, the tight windows he's throwing, how he's throwing a lot of guys open, or just fitting it in where there is no space. Right now he's playing better then Aaron Rogers. It's hard to believe I'd say that before this year.
    Thanks for your comments, Ingtar. I like and respect you football knowledge, but I like better you positive input and your REALISTIC comments about the oposite!

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Thanked 7,369 Times in 4,239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I saw this.

I read Peter King every week...scan through parts of it, but get the general gist.

Been doing this for years. Great sports writer.

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    Don't think you ever felt that way about JP Losman or any other option we had since Kelly. He has potential to be better than Jim. The legs and heart.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,834 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the first quarterback since at least 1950 (and maybe ever) to beat one franchise while piloting six different teams. The list of those six victories over the Jags with Fitzpatrick starting:
    Nov. 2, 2008 — Bengals 21, Jags 19
    Dec. 2, 2012 — Bills 34, Jags 18
    Dec. 22, 2013 — Titans 20, Jags 16
    Dec. 7, 2014 — Texans 27, Jags 13
    Nov. 8, 2015 — Jets 28, Jags 13
    Sept. 24, 2020 — Dolphins 31, Jags 13
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

15. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-29-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

omg it felt good reading an article or watching a take that didn't whine about the last flag against the Rams. GET OVER IT. WE went 20 years of getting random BS calls that cost us the game. I remember a couple horrible ones against the Jags recently too. I'm sure there are more, but... I'm too tired to think.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
    Don't think you ever felt that way about JP Losman or any other option we had since Kelly. He has potential to be better than Jim. The legs and heart.
    definitely haven't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 945 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I bought a Josh Allen jersey half way through last season. I don't buy jerseys of current players. Certainly not ones that may or may not work out.

I know it when i see it. And i've seen it from Allen since day one. Warts and all.

This guy has it. and that was evident to me at least from day 1.

Did i worry about him? Yes. Did he frustrate me? Yes!

Still, you know it when you see it. He was always IT!