Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

  1. #81
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    73,717
    Thanks
    23,727
    Thanked 24,887 Times in 13,882 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    209

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Well, that's one thing about Belichek...his assistants can always come home.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  2. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (01-22-2021),Swiper (01-31-2021)

  3. #82
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    16,050
    Thanks
    19,082
    Thanked 13,757 Times in 7,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Well, that's one thing about Belichek...his assistants can always come home.
    Up until now I think the only one he let back was McDaniels ?
    Mr. Pink shot me down in flames. I salute you, Pink.

  4. #83
    Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    28,008
    Thanks
    6,690
    Thanked 11,287 Times in 5,825 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    108

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Eric Bieniemy should be a HC over most, if not all of these recent hires. He was interviewed by every team needing a coach before the hires rolled in. More deserving than Daboll.

    The rules that hinder candidates with successful playoff teams needs to be blown up. It also brings the whole issue of race with the old white owners back to the front of the table. The guy is very smart and far more qualified than a lot of these guys I never heard of being hired.
    We don't even have pictures
    Just memories to hold
    That grow sweeter each season
    As we slowly grow old...

  5. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (01-23-2021)

  6. #84
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    73,717
    Thanks
    23,727
    Thanked 24,887 Times in 13,882 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    209

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Up until now I think the only one he let back was McDaniels ?
    Daboll did two separate stints, 2000-2006 and 2013-2016.

  7. Post thanked by:

    Figster (01-23-2021),Mace (01-25-2021),Swiper (01-31-2021)

  8. #85
    Registered User Figster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,688
    Thanks
    682
    Thanked 166 Times in 116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Daboll did two separate stints, 2000-2006 and 2013-2016.
    Daboll has spent considerable time now with some really good HC's

  9. #86
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    73,717
    Thanks
    23,727
    Thanked 24,887 Times in 13,882 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    209

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Reports indicating the Lions are going to hire former KC and Browns GM John Dorsey in some capacity.

  10. #87
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    16,050
    Thanks
    19,082
    Thanked 13,757 Times in 7,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Daboll did two separate stints, 2000-2006 and 2013-2016.
    That's 2 !!

  11. #88
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    16,050
    Thanks
    19,082
    Thanked 13,757 Times in 7,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Bills need to fire Frazier and Daboll and hire Romo as OC and DC.

  12. #89
    Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    28,008
    Thanks
    6,690
    Thanked 11,287 Times in 5,825 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    108

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    David Culley, our old QB coach (2017-18) gets the Houston job. Good luck with that. Gave away their draft. Watson and Watt want out. Looks like the job no one wanted when they asked the questions of the owner and GM. Yuck.

  13. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (01-28-2021),Mace (01-30-2021)

  14. #90
    Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the Black Hills
    Posts
    39,559
    Thanks
    9,018
    Thanked 4,323 Times in 2,608 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    136

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired

    Texans fired HC Bill O'Brien-- Texans hired David Culley
    Falcons fired HC Dan Quinn AND GM Thomas Dimitroff ---Falcons hire (HC) Arthur Smith and (GM) Terry Fontenot
    Lions fired HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn ---Lions hire (GM) Brad Holmes and (HC) Dan Campbell
    Jaguars fired GM Dave Caldwell-- Jags hired Trent Baalke
    Raiders fired DC Paul Guenther---Raiders hire Gus Bradley
    Panthers fired GM Marty Hurney-- Panthers hired Scott Fitterer
    Jets fired HC Adam Gase ---Jets hired Robert Saleh
    Jags fired HC Doug Marrone --- Jags hired Urban Meyer
    Chargers fired HC Anthony Lynn-- Chargers hired Brandon Staley
    Eagles fired HC Doug Pederson-- Eagles hired Nick Sirianni
    Seattle fired OC Brian Schottenheimer-- Seattle hired Shane Waldron
    Steelers fired OC Randy Fichtner--Steelers hired Matt Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

  15. Post thanked by:

    YardRat (01-30-2021)

  16. #91
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    16,050
    Thanks
    19,082
    Thanked 13,757 Times in 7,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    David Culley, our old QB coach (2017-18) gets the Houston job. Good luck with that. Gave away their draft. Watson and Watt want out. Looks like the job no one wanted when they asked the questions of the owner and GM. Yuck.
    This was so appalling I can't comprehend it.

  17. #92
    Registered User Margarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,521
    Thanks
    1,508
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 709 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    6

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    Texans fired HC Bill O'Brien-- Texans hired David Culley
    Falcons fired HC Dan Quinn AND GM Thomas Dimitroff ---Falcons hire (HC) Arthur Smith and (GM) Terry Fontenot
    Lions fired HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn ---Lions hire (GM) Brad Holmes and (HC) Dan Campbell
    Jaguars fired GM Dave Caldwell-- Jags hired Trent Baalke
    Raiders fired DC Paul Guenther---Raiders hire Gus Bradley
    Panthers fired GM Marty Hurney-- Panthers hired Scott Fitterer
    Jets fired HC Adam Gase ---Jets hired Robert Saleh
    Jags fired HC Doug Marrone --- Jags hired Urban Meyer
    Chargers fired HC Anthony Lynn-- Chargers hired Brandon Staley
    Eagles fired HC Doug Pederson-- Eagles hired Nick Sirianni
    Seattle fired OC Brian Schottenheimer-- Seattle hired Shane Waldron
    Steelers fired OC Randy Fichtner--Steelers hired Matt Canada
    one thing I noticed and actually find refreshing is the lack of retread hires and allowing new talent to give it a go to head coach an NFL team. I like that

  18. Post thanked by:

    awebartist (02-03-2021),Cntrygal (01-30-2021),Night Train (01-30-2021),Swiper (01-31-2021),YardRat (01-30-2021)

  19. #93
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,827
    Thanks
    3,070
    Thanked 3,208 Times in 2,451 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    64

    Re: 2020: Coaches Fired / Hired

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Bills need to fire Frazier and Daboll and hire Romo as OC and DC.

    I'm thinking I'm back.




    Buffalo Bills vs. Baltimore Ravens REACTION












Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •