Thread: Keys to the Patriots game

Thanks
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 866 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Keys to the Patriots game

Watched a bit NFL Network during lunch. All of the talking heads about the "must-win" for NE. I kind of agree with Charles Cassidy's assessment. The Bills will be the the better team on the field on Sunday. They don't need to press more than they have to; just play your game and they should come on top. And that goes especially to Allen. No turnovers. The way he sees it, the only way NE has a chance is getting turnovers --- God I hope no more those bounce off receivers hands for an INT stuff like the Titans game.

The spread is small because of the respect to Belichick. And you know he and Newton will try their hardest this Sunday. An interesting note from a Boston reporter. Newton and McDaniels were not on the same page in the last few games. Newton complained about the complexity of the offense, like play changes based on what defense is doing. This week, McDaniels told Newton to select plays he likes, maybe even his old favorite plays. So I expect some wrinkles not seen from the NE tapes this season. But McDermott should have seen plenty of Newton in the past and figure out his favorite stuff.

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-30-2020),The last buffalo fan (10-30-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keys to the Patriots game

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Watched a bit NFL Network during lunch. All of the talking heads about the "must-win" for NE. I kind of agree with Charles Cassidy's assessment. The Bills will be the the better team on the field on Sunday. They don't need to press more than they have to; just play your game and they should come on top. And that goes especially to Allen. No turnovers. The way he sees it, the only way NE has a chance is getting turnovers --- God I hope no more those bounce off receivers hands for an INT stuff like the Titans game.

The spread is small because of the respect to Belichick. And you know he and Newton will try their hardest this Sunday. An interesting note from a Boston reporter. Newton and McDaniels were not on the same page in the last few games. Newton complained about the complexity of the offense, like play changes based on what defense is doing. This week, McDaniels told Newton to select plays he likes, maybe even his old favorite plays. So I expect some wrinkles not seen from the NE tapes this season. But McDermott should have seen plenty of Newton in the past and figure out his favorite stuff.
    The Bills are the better team on paper, but if the forecast remains true, it will take away the passing game. Then the Patriots are the better team on the field.

24 - 13 Patriots

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I still say if turnovers are equal, the Bills will have a greater chance to win. Last year at Buffalo, without the Josh INTs and the blocked punt, I doubt NE walked away a winner.

5. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-30-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    I still say if turnovers are equal, the Bills will have a greater chance to win. Last year at Buffalo, without the Josh INTs and the blocked punt, I doubt NE walked away a winner.
    Our run D this year is ranked in the high 20s. Our running game is ranked in the lower 20s( and only that high because of our running qb).If the weather neutralizes the passing game, we're sunk.
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 10-30-2020 at 03:52 PM.

7. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-30-2020),The last buffalo fan (10-30-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We pass more than we run so far. New England runs more than they pass so far. Foul weather will affect us, much more than them.

Fn open air northern stadiums...

9. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-30-2020),The last buffalo fan (10-30-2020)

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,182 Times in 7,177 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's just my opinion, but I strongly feel the biggest key to this game is scoring more points than they do.
    I lost a bet with Pink and all I got was this dumb avatar that I've had awhile anyway.

11. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-31-2020),Mad Bomber (10-31-2020),Mr. Pink (10-31-2020),Night Train (10-31-2020),sahlensguy (10-30-2020),The last buffalo fan (10-30-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 981 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After what we've shown this year you have to figure they're going to run on us a LOT!

You know how they say that there's nothing more disheartening to a defense when the other team runs on them at will? I've heard more than a few x-players/coaches say that. It takes the life out of you. I saw it first hand against KC. The cheaters will almost certainly try to do that to us too.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Got a feeling we stop the run this week

Peterman rocks and Pink knows it. Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,182 Times in 7,177 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Got a feeling we stop the run this week
    I prefer your feeling over mine. I have a feeling they give us the beating we should have seen coming and prepared for but didn't because we can't.

I don't even care if the Bills win by a point, that's all good it's a win, but if they lose I won't even tolerate the "everything is just dandy" crowd any more because the team will have proven themselves incapable of preparing for the obvious even I can see coming for a mile away.

Games like this are Belichick's bread and butter where he finds and exploits what the opponent obliviously ignored if they were oblivious. If the Bills win though, even by one freaking point, it means it didn't work and we sent him on his way sour.

Send him on his way sour, because if they muck this chance up, they aren't progressing where it needs to count and that's a cold hard fact.
    Last edited by Mace; 10-31-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I prefer your feeling over mine. I have a feeling they give us the beating we should have seen coming and prepared for but didn't because we can't.

I don't even care if the Bills win by a point, that's all good it's a win, but if they lose I won't even tolerate the "everything is just dandy" crowd any more because the team will have proven themselves incapable of preparing for the obvious even I can see coming for a mile away.

Games like this are Belichick's bread and butter where he finds and exploits what the opponent obliviously ignored if they were oblivious. If the Bills win though, even by one freaking point, it means it didn't work and we sent him on his way sour.

Send him on his way sour, because if they muck this chance up, they aren't progressing where it needs to count and that's a cold hard fact.
    Can't wait to see how well we tackle on Sunday. It's going to be a clinic!

Well, lookie here...
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,626 Times in 13,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This may be a week where the defense stacks the box to stop the run and dare Newton to beat them passing the ball, so we'll probably see a lot of the short, over-the-middle crossers and sit-downs for completions if he's on his game at all. Thanks goodness Edelman is out.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

17. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-31-2020),The last buffalo fan (10-31-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can also call a lot more run blitzes if the wind is brutal. It limits Cam’s time and forces a quick throw.

We will not have the same coverages we did for KC or TEN. The challenge will be for Cam to win through the air. Tre does his job on one side of the field and with less over the top to worry about, safeties should be able to close quickly and assist. Milano showed some spark in his limited Jets appearance, but his plays were straightforward and downhill. I expect more of the same Sun.

19. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-31-2020),YardRat (10-31-2020)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately Tre plays to the wrong side - Newton has thrown 3 balls total to his right side.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,861 Times in 1,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Stop Newton from scrambling, have a spy on him. Take away the underneath crossing routes, I don't really think he's accurate downfield or has the weapons to go long often. On offense beat the hell out of them with the WR's. It's time for Daboll to actually devise something again.
    Turn off social media. Find life.

22. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-31-2020),The last buffalo fan (10-31-2020)