Thread: Popcorn Chicken & Coconut Buffalo Sauce for the AFC Championship game vs. Kansas City

Thanks
    Thanked 3,207 Times in 2,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Popcorn Chicken & Coconut Buffalo Sauce for the AFC Championship game vs. Kansas City

https-::www.buffalorumblings.com:202123:22244191:wingin-it-popcorn-chicken-coconut-buffalo-sauce-for-the-afc-championship-game-vs-kansas-city

You might be asking: What does popcorn chicken and coconut buffalo sauce have to do with Kansas City? Not a damn thing as far as I know. And while coconuts don’t migrate, they could be carried to Missouri. Perhaps by an African swallow. Anyway, remember this year I wasn’t going to abide by the normal rules and this just sounded good so here we are.

Popcorn Chicken & Coconut Buffalo Sauce

Serves: 4-6
    Active Time: 20 min
    Total Time: 30 min

Popcorn chicken Ingredients

2 cups flour
    3 Tbsp garlic powder
    1 Tbsp salt
    2 Tbsp black pepper
    3 large eggs
    1 Tbsp water
    1 lb chicken, chopped into half-inch or smaller pieces
    Vegetable oil

Sauce ingredients
    1⁄2 cup hot sauce
    1 can (5.4 oz) coconut cream
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    2 Tbsp unsalted butter

I'm thinking I'm back.

Buffalo Bills vs. Baltimore Ravens REACTION

2. Post thanked by:

Jan Reimers (01-25-2021),Jimkelly12203 (01-23-2021),YardRat (01-23-2021)

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 572 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Popcorn Chicken & Coconut Buffalo Sauce for the AFC Championship game vs. Kansas

I'll need something simpler to tame my very nervous tummy. Beer and pretzels will probably do it, with something a little more complex if we win. More beer if we don't -- well, probably more beer, win or lose.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

4. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (01-23-2021),Night Train (01-23-2021)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,280 Times in 5,821 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Popcorn Chicken & Coconut Buffalo Sauce for the AFC Championship game vs. Kansas

I will be watching with fellow Vets at my American Legion. Probably Pizza and Wings.
    We don't even have pictures
    Just memories to hold
    That grow sweeter each season
    As we slowly grow old...

6. Post thanked by:

Jan Reimers (01-25-2021),Jimkelly12203 (01-23-2021),ticatfan (01-24-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I strongly approve of this thread.

Wife will make buffalo chicken dip as always. i think i might make a chili or some home-made chicken wings. Pretty easy for anyone that wants to try.

Just get chicken wings, a gallon of canolla oil. Heat the oil to 350-375 (somewhere in that range). If you don't have a thermometer to dip in the oil, i've found its just right at about 75% of your burner's max capacity. Just make sure you've gotten it up to temp first.

Fry them till golden brown. Make sure they don't stick together of course.

Toss them in a stick of melted butter and Franks Red-Hot wing sauce. It's incredible! The thing with wings is, you have to eat them immediately to get that perfect crunchy outside and juicy inside. If you order them out, chances are they've steamed in their own packaging en-route to your house. By the time you eat them, the skin is soggy. Just make them at home. It's crazy easy and you get that same restaurant-level quality like you just got them fresh out the fryer while sitting at the bar. Its cheaper too!

If you want to get fancy, go Peanut Oil.

That popcorn chicken though... i'm making it. Not this weekend, but soon.
    Last edited by Jimkelly12203; 01-23-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

8. Post thanked by:

Jan Reimers (01-25-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Either way, tomorrow... There will be food! And the toilet is going to pay for it dearly come Monday.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,765 Times in 3,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    I strongly approve of this thread.

Wife will make buffalo chicken dip as always. i think i might make a chili or some home-made chicken wings. Pretty easy for anyone that wants to try.

Just get chicken wings, a gallon of canolla oil. Heat the oil to 350-375 (somewhere in that range). If you don't have a thermometer to dip in the oil, i've found its just right at about 75% of your burner's max capacity. Just make sure you've gotten it up to temp first.

Fry them till golden brown. Make sure they don't stick together of course.

Toss them in a stick of melted butter and Franks Red-Hot wing sauce. It's incredible! The thing with wings is, you have to eat them immediately to get that perfect crunchy outside and juicy inside. If you order them out, chances are they've steamed in their own packaging en-route to your house. By the time you eat them, the skin is soggy. Just make them at home. It's crazy easy and you get that same restaurant-level quality like you just got them fresh out the fryer while sitting at the bar. Its cheaper too!

If you want to get fancy, go Peanut Oil.

That popcorn chicken though... i'm making it. Not this weekend, but soon.
    Wayyy too much butter in the sauce. I know that's what the bottle says, but just too much for me. I might use 1/2 to 1/3 of that amount. Add a tablespoon of ketchup to help them stick.

idk, Im at the age where a bowl of popcorn will do me fine, but I'll have Labatts on hand. ( We have a liquor store that sells it here). I get too hyped up during a game to eat much... but I'll make wings for my oldest.

11. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (01-24-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,207 Times in 2,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Wayyy too much butter in the sauce. I know that's what the bottle says, but just too much for me. I might use 1/2 to 1/3 of that amount. Add a tablespoon of ketchup to help them stick.

idk, Im at the age where a bowl of popcorn will do me fine, but I'll have Labatts on hand. ( We have a liquor store that sells it here). I get too hyped up during a game to eat much... but I'll make wings for my oldest.
    The same for me the food is usually a Taco Salad.
    Last edited by Woodman; 01-23-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post

Its a lot i know. I'm going to have a heart attack. But that's ok. I've got at least 20 years before i have to seriously worry about that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I use boneless chicken thighs spritz some oil on them and air fry. Same meat as the wing with no skin. Make my regular wing sauce and it’s guilt free and even remotely good for you.
    Turn off social media. Find life.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,869 Times in 13,869 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We'll have the usual veggie, fruit, cheese/crackers/pepperoni trays set up. Pull out some chips/dip, tortillas/salsa if anybody wants those. I think we're going with sliders and pigs-in-a-blanket tomorrow.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS