Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack was told get the surgery or the team will withhold money / challenge contract

Thanks
    Thanked 12,545 Times in 8,395 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jack was told get the surgery or the team will withhold money / challenge contrac

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    If Eichel got the Sabres recommended surgery, it definitely makes him more tradable
    No one still knows how it would effect his play. He'd have to come back and show he can still play.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,224 Times in 10,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jack was told get the surgery or the team will withhold money / challenge contrac

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    No one still knows how it would effect his play. He'd have to come back and show he can still play.
    Right. But if you called a GM and said yeah, he got the normal procedure, GMs would be more comfortable because this procedure has a track record..

I had a kickass dream last night that jack was traded to the Habs for two firsts, Suzuki, and caulfield.

Bummer waking up
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 09-08-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Again. It's not fighting. It's holding a player to his contract. And every other team in the NHL would be doing the same thing in this situation. Furthermore, no one can stop a player from filing a grievance about anything, but he doesn't have a leg to stand on as the contract language is clear and he is in breach of the contract, not the Sabres.

The Sabres have had Eichel examined by multiple experts in the field of his injury and have followed their advice. Eichel, a kid, has been talked into this disc replacement by one guy who admits there is no track record of it's use in the NHL or other major professional sports.
    I'm not arguing anything about the surgery, just saying you can't just withhold pay without the mechanisms that support it like fines or suspension. You don't have to convince me that you aren't fighting with the player, you need to convince the NHLPA of that. Good luck, I'm sure guys will be beating down the door to sign.

Just tell them you are holding him to his contract, they will see it your way surely.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,356 Times in 5,269 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    They can take him to court or suspend him, you can't just withhold pay. I'm sure there are fine mechanisms too.

Fighting with the talent will surely not help with the recruiting of FA's

We don't know that. Eichel may be seen by players as the little beotch that he is.

5. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-09-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    It usually is. Fantasy world.
    Like Shady being cut or Josh Allen is a star, all fantasy world.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    We don't know that. Eichel may be seen by players as the little beotch that he is.
    Name one player on the team that pals around with Jack or said we miss Jack so much, our captain isn’t here. The answer is no one really gave a care & him missing moved the other fleas up. Very selfish group, starting with Captain Jack.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not arguing anything about the surgery, just saying you can't just withhold pay without the mechanisms that support it like fines or suspension. You don't have to convince me that you aren't fighting with the player, you need to convince the NHLPA of that. Good luck, I'm sure guys will be beating down the door to sign.

Just tell them you are holding him to his contract, they will see it your way surely.
    Like I said, the team said you’re going to be suspended without pay & need to play it our way or else. Jack needed another agent to make up his mind, he just can’t keep jumping around like this without listening to someone besides some quack who wants to build a name for himself working on a “star”. Jack really hasn’t helped the team accomplish anything, he’s also -69 in the +/- rating. Captain tank is his nickname.

The hockey trolls avoid here this time of year, no one to depress & the Bills are so good now they lost all their power to feed off the football weak. Notice you don’t see certain people here that typically pine for your depressions ?? It’s not an accident.
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-09-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Ever Living Ever Sure Rasta Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,790 Times in 9,301 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So the drama continues.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sure the players will side with the owners

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    Like I said, the team said you’re going to be suspended without pay & need to play it our way or else. Jack needed another agent to make up his mind, he just can’t keep jumping around like this without listening to someone besides some quack who wants to build a name for himself working on a “star”. Jack really hasn’t helped the team accomplish anything, he’s also -69 in the +/- rating. Captain tank is his nickname.

The hockey trolls avoid here this time of year, no one to depress & the Bills are so good now they lost all their power to feed off the football weak. Notice you don’t see certain people here that typically pine for your depressions ?? It’s not an accident.
    And Dahlin is -56. trade him, he sucks. Hasn't carried the team by himself, he is garbage. I know your goalies were awesome so that +/- is all on the skaters. Surely your soccer coaches scheme's were sound so that isn't a problem.

For a guy who likes to talk about how high of a level you played hockey you seem to defend the +/- stat a lot. It has to be the most heavily influenced by other players of any stat.

I get that Eichel has pissed off the fanbase but to act like he isn't a good hockey player is ridiculous.

12. Post thanked by:

JATMtheJATM (09-09-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And Dahlin is -56. trade him, he sucks. Hasn't carried the team by himself, he is garbage. I know your goalies were awesome so that +/- is all on the skaters. Surely your soccer coaches scheme's were sound so that isn't a problem.

For a guy who likes to talk about how high of a level you played hockey you seem to defend the +/- stat a lot. It has to be the most heavily influenced by other players of any stat.

I get that Eichel has pissed off the fanbase but to act like he isn't a good hockey player is ridiculous.
    Louder for the people in the back. +/- is one of the worst stats to base a players ability on in all sports. It relies too much on other factors.

Some people just wanna hate on jack and thats fine. But the idea he isn't a good player is just ****ing warped

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sure the players will side with the owners
    I didn't say that. Do you stick up for anyone who shares your proffession if they are an ahole? Players know which players are aholes. I don't think this will affect potential FA coming here at all. Now sucking for a decade is another story.

15. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-10-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't say that. Do you stick up for anyone who shares your proffession if they are an ahole? Players know which players are aholes. I don't think this will affect potential FA coming here at all. Now sucking for a decade is another story.
    Being the captain of suck would keep people away as well, including stopping people who might help the team from doing that. Jack is so great but gives up 2 goals for one point he makes, math is difficult.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Louder for the people in the back. +/- is one of the worst stats to base a players ability on in all sports. It relies too much on other factors.

Some people just wanna hate on jack and thats fine. But the idea he isn't a good player is just ****ing warped

Really? Out of the top 10 scorers this year 7 were +20 or more. The only negatives were - 4 and -8. Eichel did worse than that in only 20 games. Jacks a very good offensive player. He's a lazy defensive player. That's disapointing because that's about choice not talent. +/- is not a meaningless stat.

18. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-12-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,512 Times in 6,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All-Jack drama all the time… he isn’t getting surgery. He used this BS to try and leverage his happy ass out of of town. He’s now painted himself into a corner and for anyone in the know… looks like a flaming homo.

That being said… this organization has a penchant for brining the best out in its talent. Kim clearly knows what she’s doing.

20. Post thanked by:

Haile SpikedLemonade (09-10-2021),Skooby (09-12-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really? Out of the top 10 scorers this year 7 were +20 or more. The only negatives were - 4 and -8. Eichel did worse than that in only 20 games. Jacks a very good offensive player. He's a lazy defensive player. That's disapointing because that's about choice not talent. +/- is not a meaningless stat.
    Do you remember how bad the team was?

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/11/01...-be-abolished/

Sorry, no. The team failed as a team and while jack isn't a stalwart defensively, it's not the end all be all.

There's five other sabres on the ice other than jack. I mean, hell, Sam Reinhart is a career negative almost 100. And we are gonna single out Jack?

No thanks

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

of course not but have you seen any CBA negotiation ever? It's always owners vs players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think you guys need to stop pretending that the top offensive guys are always top defensive guys. That isn't the case for most of them. They thrive offensively because of the chances they take at the other end. The unfortunate result is worse D.

Now if you really want to complain about Jack, you really need to know how many of those - did he start in the other team's end.

McDavid was -6 in 2019-2020 with 97 points. Should the oilers cut bait?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can be laying on the ice behind your own net when the puck went in on the other end and you get a +. How is that in any way contributing to anything? Consequently you can be minus because your other lines change at a bad time and you just touched the ice when the puck went in.

In both cases you are not part of the play in any way but still get a stat. How is that meaningful?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can be laying on the ice behind your own net when the puck went in on the other end and you get a +. How is that in any way contributing to anything? Consequently you can be minus because your other lines change at a bad time and you just touched the ice when the puck went in.

In both cases you are not part of the play in any way but still get a stat. How is that meaningful?
    All the legends would like to disagree with you, the best play with situational awareness:
    https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/pla...in-nhl-history